HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!
I feel SO hungry today!!!!!! Not sure what I can do! I've felt really hungry since Tuesday. Not had anything I shouldn't so should still be in ketosis.
Agggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

:(

i feel the same way!

Im not sure whether its real hunger or emotional hunger or just that i miss chewing and smelling yummy stuff before sticking it in my gob lol.

the ways i am getting thru it are:

1. I have started reading a lot more. i love to always have a book on the go but at the moment this is how i am taking my mind off the diet. i can go to bed early if its bad in the evenings and stick my nose in a good ben elton book lol
  2. i bought a couple of size 10 dresses from ebay. i have hung them in my wardrobe. when i think i am gonna cheat i go upstairs and take them out, hold them up infront of the mirror and wonder how im gonna wear my hair when i wear the dress etc. then the food dont seem important!
  3. i think how i will feel once i have finished eating whatever it is i wanna eat. i just know i will feel awful and that i have let myself down.
  4. i read a list that i got my kids to write about what they are looking forawrd to most when im slim. it says stuff like "wont worry about mummy dying"...its willpower boosting!
  5. i come on here and read how fab people are doing or just kill some time reading around and getting lost lol.
Just ask yourself how worth it the food is. Im sure u r doing really well so far. just think about how fab that feels.

i hope u manage to find ways around it! best of luck!

xx

i feel the same way!

Im not sure whether its real hunger or emotional hunger or just that i miss chewing and smelling yummy stuff before sticking it in my gob lol.

the ways i am getting thru it are:

1. I have started reading a lot more. i love to always have a book on the go but at the moment this is how i am taking my mind off the diet. i can go to bed early if its bad in the evenings and stick my nose in a good ben elton book lol
  2. i bought a couple of size 10 dresses from ebay. i have hung them in my wardrobe. when i think i am gonna cheat i go upstairs and take them out, hold them up infront of the mirror and wonder how im gonna wear my hair when i wear the dress etc. then the food dont seem important!
  3. i think how i will feel once i have finished eating whatever it is i wanna eat. i just know i will feel awful and that i have let myself down.
  4. i read a list that i got my kids to write about what they are looking forawrd to most when im slim. it says stuff like "wont worry about mummy dying"...its willpower boosting!
  5. i come on here and read how fab people are doing or just kill some time reading around and getting lost lol.
Just ask yourself how worth it the food is. Im sure u r doing really well so far. just think about how fab that feels.

i hope u manage to find ways around it! best of luck!

xx

Many thanks Trying to keep my mind off it!!:(

Would it do too much harm if I had 1 extra pack today? Could I have 4 instead of 3?

You know what is v filling, psyllium husks mixed into hot toffee walnut shake (its a bit like eating readybrek/porridge ) whisk up your hot shake as normal put into a bowl and then add a tablespoon or two (start low and build up as they are deceptive) and stir slowly (if you whizz the husks with your blender they tend to go like wallpaper paste 'yuk') Try it it will really fill you up

im new to this so need to ask: whats a husk? where do we get them and are they allowed on CD?

xx

hi Karen, psylliumhusks are just a fibre which you can have to keep you 'regular' if you know what I mean, i buy mine from healthspan but most healthfood shops will sell them (make sure you get the carb free ones)

fab. will try it. many thanks xxxx

Have you tried the bouillon with some p. husk in it? It's very filling!!

No, not tried this. Interesting!! Thing is, I did try the p husk in a soup but it went terribly wrong!! Thick rubbery gloop! :eek: I know I didn't really make it properly but it really put me off.

did you whizz the p husks because the cells break down and they do go like gluey gloop. I always mix mine in by hand afterwards and they retain their shape lol and gently thicken your shake/soup (also dont be tempted to use too many, as I said they are deceptive) xx

I've had a soup for lunch and because I was so hungry I had to have a bar too! I am planning on only having the 3 packs if I can. That means I've only got one left! I'm not sure what I'll have... maybe split a shake and have 3/4 hot drinks out of it - maybe that'll be the most filling? Not sure. I think I should get an early night.

did you whizz the p husks because the cells break down and they do go like gluey gloop. I always mix mine in by hand afterwards and they retain their shape lol and gently thicken your shake/soup (also dont be tempted to use too many, as I said they are deceptive) xx

Yeah, I did. Also think I used water which was too hot. And may have used too much. Don't think i did anything right :rolleyes:
Not get them now as I was so disgusted I sold them on!

I have started to feel hungry this week, have just started 790 plan so think am slowly starting to come out of ketosis, which I know can happen.

Its so difficult I think too with all the added temptations around in the shops with all the Xmas goodies on show. I was drooling last night on my way round Tescos. :D :D :D .

Re the p/husks I did that and my first one turned out all gloopey and disgusting!! it was awful :eek: . But have cracked it now and mix a big spoon in after the shake is mixed and it goes like a nice readibrek. Its yummy.

Deb x

If I feel like I want to eat (not out of hunger though) I come on here and see whats going on or post new topics, then Im embroiled in this and forget to get my tea( mmmm chicken soup)

SONKIE

Some good tips here for avoiding a snack-attack!!

Well, I've survived!! I actually had half a vanilla shake split into two to make a nice warm coffee drink (2 x 10g vanilla). I'm saving the second half of the pack for tomorrow. I also had half a chocolate pack- carefully weighed out 20g so that I dont go over or under! I mixed the chocolate into a paste and popped it into the microwave to make a choc cookie - was ok but I think I over did it a bit as it was a little too hard.

I'm feeling ok now but the night is still young and I think I will be starving again shortly so I'm off to bed now. Night night all!! :)

Back