hurtful comment...

You know tactless and clumsy though it was it sounds as if in his own odd way he was trying to pay you a compliment. He probably thought he was doing the right thing commenting on your weight loss. He just didnt do it well.

Aww hun! Reading through the above replies gave me a nice chuckle, hope it did the same for you. He really went about complimenting you the wrong way - some people do just have the knack to rub you up without trying. I'm sure he had no idea that he even hurt you with his comment, and so is continuing to go about his pompous life pompously :)o) but so whaaaaaaaaaat, just be glad he isn't your FIL! Although, saying that, I'm really sorry to hear about your sister and hope her operation goes well. Keep us updated? And maybe if you get a chance to speak to her, let her know the way he spoke to you and made you feel. He isn't her responsibility, granted, but it will be nice to have someone know how you're feeling if the situation ever does come up again, and it may give you the courage to politely, but rudely, reciprocate the love to him.

May I b*tch slap him from here for making that horrible comment about your sister too, knowing she's unwell? *hugs* to you hun, best of luck for those last 3lbs and I really hope you enjoy your holiday in 24 days!

Ali xxx

Aah, some people are so very sad aren't they, feeling the need to undermine other peoples achievements and happiness because their own lives are so pitifully empty.

Your achievement is fantastic, and I don't doubt with a supportive sister like you, your sis will be on the mend and on SW again asap.

What a sad little man he is.

Good luck and thanks for sharing... we all have someone like that in our lives who feels the need to make us feel inferior (mine is a "Great" Aunt whose favorite greeting is "Oh you really shouldnt wear skirts, you have huge legs, and footballers knees"... REALLY!)... it always, always says more about them than you xxxx

I really feel for you Hun.

Some people really need to learn how to engage brain before mouth!
Please dont let it upset you anymore as the others have said, you are in control, dont let him ruin that.

xx

Thank you everyone for your lovely replies. My dad mentioned the comment to my sister, not the part referring to her though, and she was very angry. I'm trying to forget about it now and keep focussed on what I've achieved. Most people have been lovely about my weight loss so I keep the positive comments in my thoughts instead!

My sister had a lovely relaxing holiday, and is getting ready for her op on Friday to have an electrode implant permanently fitted to get her bowels working again. She had a temporary one first to see if it worked and it did, so has been put forward for the permanent implant. Fingers crossed it works, then she can start having some normality in life, something she hasn't had for a few years because of her health.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words xxx

Back