1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by HellieCopter, 21 January 2010 Social URL.

1. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Sticky likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I will have a look at that sometime, I've always wanted to try hypnosis
  4. Sticky

Sticky I will succeed!!!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I've done NLP before but not for dieting. It was really cool and very relaxing. I wouldn't say I was hypnotised in the sense of doing things she said like getting up to do the funky chicken - but at the same though I was aware I was in the room, sat in a chair, I could not move for the life of me. It freaked me out the first week - I tried to open my eyes and just felt like I couldn't.

It did help with what I wanted to achieve - not resolved 100% but it did help. Basically, she spoke to me and got me to look at the issue and 'put it in a box' and leave the box on the floor as I went up in a balloon (sounds weird I know). It wasn't as simple as that - hehe - but basically it was a means to learn to handle things better and in a more calm approach. So though the issue wasn't gone, my ability to handle it was improved.

It's not cheap to do with someone face to face (I paid £60 for my consultation with her and £45 per hour session thereafter).

So...a free podcast is defo worth a go!

Hellie- thanks for the post!!! xxx
  5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Ooh smashing, I'll have a look at this.
    I listen to Paul Mckenna's "I can make you sleep" hypnosis cd each night and it sends me to sleep within minutes, not proper sleep but kind of a trance and although I "wake up" at the end I then fall straight to sleep and I'm getting to be able to sleep on my own (without Paul!) so I think it's working.
    Anyway, I'm rambing. I'll download this tonight for sure.
    Thanks H! xx
  6. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

wow thanks for that Hellie xxx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.