Hypnosis for Weight Loss- 3 weeks on - making slow but steady progress

Annie D,
do you know what STBG's real name is?...there are 2 hypnotherapists that I've found on a registered site and was wondering if either were STBG.

Stacie, I notice you live in Durham area...would you mind me asking who it is you see?

thanks folks.
Yvonne.

Hi Red, Under the CP panel on the list on the RHS is the new messages tab. it's similar to sending an email..if you need further help let me know Vx

If you left click on the persons name in the thread it gives you a drop down menu, which has the option to send them a message!

Hope that helps x

The User CP is at the top left of the page just under heading, if you click onto this it will take you to the page where you can send PM messages. click on send messages and it will ask who you want to send to. Hope this makes sense! Let me know if I can help further...

Sorry Red, no i don't know her name. I did try to pm you yesterday. I thnk you may not have enough posts to receive yet.

Sam, looking forward to your weigh in today. I'm off for my hypnosis at 11am, feeling pretty excited. Been using Paul McKenna CD for past few days and have seen a definite difference with it. Wondering if my head is in right place now or if the CD actually works, but it sure as hell relaxes me anyway. I'm going to as for a CD today as well as it says on the website you can. I'll keep you updated.

Sam, looking forward to your weigh in today. I'm off for my hypnosis at 11am, feeling pretty excited. Been using Paul McKenna CD for past few days and have seen a definite difference with it. Wondering if my head is in right place now or if the CD actually works, but it sure as hell relaxes me anyway. I'm going to as for a CD today as well as it says on the website you can. I'll keep you updated.

Hi Minime

I'm off for my hypnosis at 11.00today too:) Good luck for your session.

Tracey
x

hello everyone. sorry didnt get time to update at all yesterday. pretty uneventful day really and managed to stick to 3 meals again.

Really looking forward to next session as saturday and sunday nights I really felt like I wanted to eat something in the evening and had to make a conscious effort not to. so whilst hypnosis has been fabulous I dont feel that im 100% there just yet.

weight loss for the 6 days is 6.5lb which I am more than happy with. I dont expect it to continue at such a fast rate and to be honest Im not so worried anymore about the numbers on the scales. Im feeling a lot more chilled out about the whole weight loss thing.

Will update again later today after my second session. Good luck to all of you who are following in my footsteps and have booked your own sessions.

Hi Sam...I'm also looking forward to your latest update...this thread has given me a lifeline (in the CD sense...struggling to restart after hols:sigh:) and I've now sourced a local Hypnotherapist who I would like to try.

Minime & Minilady....can't wait to hear your views after your first session today :) good luck

Yvonne

back from second session

the good news is she doesnt think I'll need any more sessions as have had such a positive start. She made me a CD as well so Ive got that to listen to at home whenever I want.

I was already feeling positive but feeling a renewed sense of positivity if that makes sense. Todays session wasn't so much about the eating, although she did talk about that a little, it was much more about positive thinking, being proud of what im achieving, generally feeling good about myself and able to tackle anything I put my mind to.

I told her that I had to make a conscious effort not to pick at food on saturday and sunday evening, and she confirmed what my husband said, that this isnt meant to be a fight with myself, and if I genuinely feel hungry and need to eat, then I should. She said that giving myself permission should help me to make the right choices, rather than reaching for chocolate in desperation when I cant cope any longer.

I wont continue to update this thread daily as Im sure that those of you who are considering hypnosis for themselves have read enough to persuade you one way or the other. I will still try to update it every so often so you know whether it is still working. At the moment I do feel like the burden of dieting has been lifted from my shoulders

If anyone is considering hypnosis, I wholeheartedly recommend it. You have nothing to lose by trying it. If anyone lives in the Sutton Coldfield area in the west mids and wants the details of my therapist, please feel free to PM me.

Hey guys, had my hypnotherapy, went through what I wanted from hypnosis, whether it could help me etc.. my history with food etc.. When being hypnotised I could hear her speaking to me the whole time, I had a numbness/tingly feeling in my hands (which she said is normal, loads of people tell her that after hypnosis). My biggest problem was thinking of/eating all the time, happy, sad, bored, sure you know all about it. Anyway, I had small bowl of special K for brekkie, went to boots at lunchtime (5.5 hrs later, unheard of for me)and picked a shapers fahita sandwich and a pkt of apple slices, normally I'd have had crisps, choc etc.. I'm at home which is always when I'm worst and I've not had anything to eat, I did think about having a banana but it seemed to be a fleeting thought rather than I really need it, so didn't have it.

I hope it works, I'm trying to have positive thoughts about this and am looking forward to being in control of my food intake.

ive often thought about this.... i'm going to keep an eye on this topic.. to be honest i was a sceptical but it seems to be working for so many people..

good luck with it

Hi after reading your thread, booked my first session, and went today...................but all she did was talk ,taking history. got to go back next week quiet diserpointed thought today she would start.

I too have booked a session with a local Hypnotherapist for next week. Sam has definitely inspired me to go for it, I appreciate it depends upon the individual and the therapist but I am going to enter this with an open mind and empty stomach!
Good luck to all that are going down this route and keep us all updated.

Back