Hypnosis.

bruggie07

Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you have tried hypnosis alongside SW??

I have just bought weight loss and motivational hypnosis cds from ebay.

I know SW works but I thought it cant hurt to give it a little boost along the way, especially from the motivational one.

Has anybody else done anything similar?

I haven't, but a lady at my group listens to motivational type cd's that are supposedly work on your subconscious and she believes they work and says her loses have increased since using them.

" Look in my eyes , not around my eyes" You are now a size
Zero!!!! And back in the room !!!!! oh it didn't work !!!

Phil x ( LOL)

Yes, I have Paul McKenna's book and CD (I can make you thin) and it's brilliant.
I have not done it for a while now, and thanks for bringing it up, so I will do it again to keep me in check!
I do stick to some of his principles like only eating when hungry and not sticking to 3 meals a day just because it's traditional to do so. Also the mental image therapy with "bad" foods is excellent.
It has worked for me and I can recommend it.

Surely all he's saying is eat less, eat till your full, dont eat crap etc etc all the common knowledge stuff that everyone knows. Surely losing weight is based on the person doing it themselves as theres no mircle to weight loss. I dont see how reading a book or listening to a guy telling me how to be thin/rich/confident (and all his other books) can make me a size 10. Im pretty cynical!

also a fan of paul mckenna here ..... I have been using his techniques for a while. I can understand people being cynical but its generally through their lack of understanding and / or knowledge ( sorry really didnt mean that to sound rude) about how hypnosis works and also how the other techniques can be used to help you reprogram the way that your mind works .. especially useful for emotional eaters.. so that you dont' have to spend the rest of your life relying on pure will power, continually battlng with urges not to binge , over eat etc. I often have this debate with my OH who is also sceptical ( about everything ! lol) .. my argument is that unless you actually give it a go, then you dont really have a valid view point ... so the most you have to lose ( if you can get hold of a copy to borrow, maybe from the library, rather than laying out) is at the very least, 20 mins of relaxation an evening when you listen to the CD and possibly a little bit of your time if you choose to read the book ( which you really do need to do as well as listen to the CD), at most, you might find out that the hypnosis works really well and you will have gained some valuable tools and techniques that you can use for the rest of your life ( as a lot of them can be used for all sorts of 'life stuations' ).
Klare :)

I was actually thinking of giving hypnosis a go, full stop. I have a friend who has a friend who is qualified in hypnosis and I have always been temped but also scared! Don't like the thought of not being in control, although my friend assures me that you are conscious and aware, it's just tapping into another part of the brain! Anyone think it would actually work??

It certainly can work, but not necessarily for everyone. I know people who have been helped by hypnosis.

Make sure that the person you go and see is properly qualified and knows what they are doing.

Well, I thought I would give you a quick update.
I had my first session last night, and it was lovely and relaxing and today for the first time ever, in my whole entire life ever I drank a whole glass of water every 2 hours since I woke up! Because the hypnotist told me to!!!

It was quite weird, I like water but it isn't my first drink of choice, but nothing else would cut it today.

I am also not in the slightest bit hungry- and infront of me the kids have got chip shop and hubby has got indian- Just not interested!!!

It says to listen every day for 21 days so I will definatly keep up with it,

Thanks for all your opinions too, I love hearing your thoughts on it as I think its quite an intersting subject.

Hi avisk- nope it was random one I found on ebay- it cost me £3 delivered, the hypnotist is very straight forward in everything he says, I like that!

just to reassure a few people, I have used hypnosis for many treatments of many things .. because i LOVE the sensation of being hypnotised .. especially being a mum with a full time job and children to manage, house to run... its very rare i get proper time out both physically and mentally .....
you are NEVER out of control when you are hypnotised and the best description I can give is it feels like those rare occassions when your brain wakes up before your body in the morning, the sun s shinning, birds are singing, you still feel lovely and fuzzy and as if everything in the world is a-ok ....
you can open your eyes, pick your nose, scratch ya bum at any time you want, the hypnotised is not in control, they are merely addressing your sub consious whilst your consious is being kept otherwise entertained.
And yes everyone can be hypnotised and can benefit from hypnotism, however different people will benefit more from different methods and different hypnotist. Contrary to what some 'shows' tell you , it is not as reflection of intelligence etc
I would urge anyone who has the opportunity to have a session to go for it... even if its only for relaxation.. its fab! :)

I've used Paul McKenna and his analogy of whatever is your 'bad' food etc of thinking it's covered in hair and fat etc certainly worked for me - can't face wine now at all :sigh:

Surely all he's saying is eat less, eat till your full, dont eat crap etc etc all the common knowledge stuff that everyone knows. Surely losing weight is based on the person doing it themselves as theres no mircle to weight loss. I dont see how reading a book or listening to a guy telling me how to be thin/rich/confident (and all his other books) can make me a size 10. Im pretty cynical!
the Sub conscious and subliminal is very powerful (most advertisements are based on this) paul Mckenna's beliefs are that most of the time we eat without realising what we are doing hence we never tell when we have had enough until it is too late. It is about bringing our actions into our awareness. Think when you first start driving, you have to visualise everything from where the clutch is to where the indicators are.Once in our subconscious we no longer need to think about it. There are subliminal messages all around us that affect us without us knowing and that is what Paul Mckenna is about. Do you ever start singing a song and for the life of you don't know why. Chances are you heard it in the background somewhere without giiving it another thought. Hard to explain but I hope that makes sense.

Back