Hypnosis

Twingo31

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about getting some help from a hypnotherapist, both for helping me stick to the diet and also once finished to help me maintain.

One thing i'm truly worried about is maintaining the weight loss once i've completed. I will feel like such a failure if i put it all back on again but i understand how easy it is for it to creep back on.

Anyway what do you peeps think about the hypnotherapy idea? has anyone tried it and do you think its just a waste of dosh?

my mum is a hypnotherapist and i could never knock hypnotherapy, the only time i knock it is when it is used for comedy...

my mum has helped me with anxiety and it works...

the only thing she would say is that the hardest hypnosis to perform is for weightloss or smoking, as you still really need to have the willpower... a lot of clients come in thinking she will wave a magic wand, but you still need to really want it and have the willpower...

it would certain be something to look into for maintenance, because its for sustaining rather than losing the weight, it could help with the subconcious choices you make :) hope this helps

Thanks,

The other thing is - will i be hypnotisable? I am known for not really relaxing ever according to my old massuer i'm the tensest person he's ever worked on. Will that make it not really work anyway?

it's a different sort of relaxation... the thing with hypnosis is, you can come out of it at any time you want... normally you would have a consultation first to discuss any apprehension you may have...

for me hypnosis is a heightened relaxation form and i think it is great :)

This is a VERY interesting thread.
Something I was considering for the maintenance stage.

i love hypnosis simply for relaxation... my mum used to always practice on me... i used to suffer with anxiety at bed time when i was about 13 and she would come sit on my bed, hypnotise me to sleep so i would sleep all night and wake up naturally in the morning...

i love the way you feel when you come round, i am a chatter box but after hypnosis i will sit quietly for ages... my mam came to my house last year and hypnotised me infront of edd my partner and he was shocked how calm i was when i came round... it just makes you feel so good... :)

well it might be worth it purely for the relaxation then...as previusly mentioned i am a tense person by nature and it might help calm me down! lol

it's something i would certainly look into hunny :) hope i've helped

i was hypnotised to give up smoking, it worked for just over a week, then i caved when back to see her next day, then didn't smoke for years afterwards.... i have recommended friends to her too, for other things and they all got helped......so if thats what you want to do, go for it...

Just wanted to thank you all for your posts, which really help me. I do believe now that hypnosis work because after listening to a hypnosis cd daily for a week I've noticed changes in my food habits, I can say no to food now, never happened to me before and lost 2 pounds. It works for me and it worth the try!! I'll keep you posted, keep up the good work.:):):)

I am a hypnotherapist too and it really does work.
As someone said it feels like a heightened form of relaxation but is not the same as relaxation. You can 'come out of it' at any time because you are not in a trance...
I am just working on some cd recordings (compact discs in this case) That I will be using for my own personal inspiration. Recordings work better when you have already been hypnotised.
I would say go for it, go with recommendation though! Also make sure your hypnotherpist knows the programme very well, as otherwise you will be given advice which might conflict with what is right for this diet, and whilst they can NOT make you fall off the diet, it would be less beneficial.
Good luck and tell us all how you get on!
Just to say .... when using a generic 'diet' hypno CD, remember that when these are made they are often made with the healthy diet in mind, not a diet that says no to food all the time and allows us total nutrition from shakes etc... have a listen to it before you commit to listening to it all the time (some will work - as has for Jolie, others won't!)

x

Back