Hypnotism

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Ive just come home after being hypnotised for fear of flying. Wow, what an experiance! It was so strange, felt like I had been asleep for hours when I was only 'under' for 45 minutes. I felt to confident and refreshed once it was done. Time will tell whether it worked or not but right now I feel I could jump on a plane to the moon :D

Has anyone else on here every been hypnotised before?

i find this really bizare.. it intreigues me.. and id love to have it for my foody issues.. but i am a real sceptic.. and i have a REALLY big issue about being under someone elses 'control' as it were.
read a story about a doctor who was offering his patients hypnotheropy in the US and was abusing them whilst 'under' :(
I have a issue with 'men' as it is, and to be honest.. even if it was a woman i genuinly dont even know if i could let go enough for it to 'work'

im so chuffed you feel so confident though!!!

Thats the thing though Fern, no matter what happened during the hypno, I was completely in control. I was aware of everything thing that was being said, I could hear everything that was going on outside of the room, I could move if i wanted to except everything felt like I was sleeping, even though I wasnt. Weird to explain.

Had a consultation a few weeks back with the guy who hypnotised me, maybe it might be worth (ifyou want to that is) to have a simple chat with a registered hypnotherapist just to see what happens, what they do etc?

xxx

or take a trusted friend?

I've actually been hypnotised four times, by four different people (three women, one bloke), with varying degrees of success (obviously, else I wouldn't have had to go four times!)

It's absolutely fab. I go because I bite my nails, and have done for absolutely forever. The first time I had hypnotherapy was just... amazing. Whenever I'd tried to stop biting my nails before, I'd had to try so hard, play with something in my hand or something because I just couldn't handle it if my hands weren't busy. It sounds like such a little, unimportant thing but I can't describe how good it felt to just... sit. And have my hands resting on the arm of the chair, or in my lap, just doing nothing.

Anyway, as it came up to my graduation I went back for a 'refresher', but to a different hypnotherapist because the first was a bloke, and it made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Still worked a treat, but had false nails on for graduation (first time in my life my nails had been long enough for them to stick!), and when they came off I got straight back to biting. Then went to another lady (moved to a different area) for the third time, who was a bit rubbish to be honest, and then the most recent was August just gone, which again worked an absolute miracle but I'm slipping back to bad habits (stress), so am listening to the CD like mad to try and save me another £50 session!

Life story over... it's definitely not a cheap fix, but it's bloody brilliant. I was dubious at first, thought 'this seems to have worked, but maybe it's all in my head..' then remembered that was the whole point!! I don't know how or why it works, but if you get a good hypnotherapist then it really, really does.

I suspect if you wanting hypnotherapy for eating issues, Fern, it might take a couple of sessions, but then maybe not. You really do know exactly what's going on when you're 'under', it's just a deep relaxation, just like when you're tired and you zone out. They can't make you do anything you don't want to, you are still completely conscious, just really relaxed. They'll have a chat with you beforehand, so you can decide if you want to go through with it, and talk through your concerns. I was sceptical at first, but honestly, I am a total convert!!

Hmm, very interesting! i do genuinly believe it could work for me, despite being sceptical, i was amazed how much a certain article, really hit home a few months ago and had really helped me take control, but within a few weeks it slipped and i couldnt hold onto it, no matter how much i tried..i was shocked because the first few weeks i felt like id really changed. Even though it was nothing i hadnt heard before.. i know this is different, but i do think things can help you change..

its just literally the situation that makes me uncomfortable!

Hmm, very interesting! i do genuinly believe it could work for me, despite being sceptical, i was amazed how much a certain article, really hit home a few months ago and had really helped me take control, but within a few weeks it slipped and i couldnt hold onto it, no matter how much i tried..i was shocked because the first few weeks i felt like id really changed. Even though it was nothing i hadnt heard before.. i know this is different, but i do think things can help you change..

its just literally the situation that makes me uncomfortable!

It is scary and a bit weird. I went to one who asked me if I was comfortable enough, warm enough, did I want a blanket or anything... probably really would have gone to sleep then!! Also when you come back round and you're a bit dazed, can't quite remember if you actually fell asleep or not!

I have recently been hypnotised to believe I have a gastric band fitted, I had 4 sessions the first being a counselling session and to find out my history of eating and my past. The gastric band hypnotherapy was the last session I have lost 21lbs and 5inchs from my bust, 4 from my waist, 2 from each thigh and arm. I was worried before I went and need not have been, I was in control the whole time and completely with it, its just like having a lie down in the afternoon when your just about to doze off but can hear everything around you. The best thing ive ever done, I was a big diet coke addict drinking 26 cans in 3 days, yet I have not had one sip in 6 weeks.

Hypnotherapy will raise all sorts of responses. The smoking one especially - you can only pack in the dreaded weed if you really want to. My late mother tried a hypnotist and gave up long enough to cover the cost of her treatment!

Next time she gave up it was complete cold turkey and she never smoked again - she really wanted to.

My point being, whether for smoking, over-eating - anything really is you have to want to do it in order for it to happen! - that might seem obvious, but some people don't get it.

I don't believe a hypnotist could get you to quit smoking if you don't want to. We all love hearing the tales, and enjoy people like Andrew Newton, Paul McKenna etc.

But hey, if it helps people, or they believe it helps them, then I'm all for it. Certainly does no harm.

When I worked on a French campsite in the late 1980's we had a hypnotist who came every other week for a "show". It was amazing seeing what he made people do. I really wanted to try it, but I was afraid because I'd seen him regress people to being children and I knew that I hadn't started learning French until I was about 9 and so was afraid he'd take me back further than that and wouldn't be able to bring me back to the present again!

ive been hypnotised fro comedy purposes at a show .. i knew everything i was doing but it was like i really wanted to do what i ws being told too lol

was funny watching the vid back, i was dancing with a some fella even though his pregnant gf was sitting beside him

i was drinking water and giving my opinion on the type of wine it was ( it tasted like wine)

the final part was the bit i hated that made me sick and gave me a fear for a very long time .... i was eating an apple as fast as i could only when he snapped his fingers and i woke up it wasnt an apple it was an onion ... i hate onions now unless they are hidden and i cant see or taste them.

my uncle has his own hypnotherapy place and he is doing very well. im going to go to get over my fear of the dentist, bad experiance left me very scared of them :(

Back