Hypocritical attitudes....

eatlessweighless

How apt that this should come up today, as I got on my high horse about people's attitudes to vlcd on Fuffa's thread.

Just bought Closer magazine, and on the front cover is an article of how Mel B lost 3 stone in 8 weeks. Everyone in office is really interested, "oo lets look at the link for her personal trainer", "strict meal programme of 30% protein, 40% wholewheat or veg and 30% monosaturated fat, that sounds OK" blah blah.

I have been berated for doing Cambridge, "how can that be healthy", "calorie content is too low", "you'll put it all back on once you finish", and I haven't even lost 2 stone in nearly 10 weeks!!

Why?? Is this just because it is a meal replacement program, so that if I ate 810 calories of food per day, then this would be OK? Regardless of whether I was getting all of my RDA of vitamins and minerals?

I give up with people's high handed attitudes, without any of the knowledge to back it up.

And breathe .......

Theresa x

Yeah sod them chick lets just vent it out on here. We'll be the nice slimmer ones:D let them carry on slating it whilst being fat still...haha xx

I agree totally! Remember when Beyonce lost weight drinking maple syrup, lemon juice and paprika!! Sales of those ingredients went ballistic but as soon as you mention CD or LL which are nutritionally balanced and enriched etc you get looked at like you've just crawled out from under a rock!! B*gger em all, think how good we'll look afterwards and tell the detractors we did it by eating worms or similar tripe and see who follows especially if they think some 'star' has done it first!!!!bb xx

All sunday I had to put up with my mother-in-law go on about how unheathy it is to lose weight using CD and that it's just far to drastic a measure and how she could never do that to her body.
As soon as the rest of the family had gone home and she couldn't belittle me any more she had the cheek to ask me if I could get her the phone numbers for her nearest CDC's because she wanted to lose a couple of stone before her holiday this summer!!! What a bi**h!!!:mad:

Oh my word Kelly are you serious? please tell you asked her what planet..drugss she is/was on? lol

Thing is I knew she'd ask me when everyone had gone, you could see it coming...I've come to expect that sort of thing from her. I think she has low self asteem and the only way she can feel better about herself is to have a dig about the lives of the people around her...I copped this one!

Grr I'm annoyed on your behalf. lucky I haven't seen my parents in law since jan (before I STARTED CD)
I've managed to duck out everytime hehe xxx

LOL I gave as good as I got thought...I got her a couple of numbers off the net and as I was handing it to her I said 'here you go...I would say good luck but I don't think you have what it takes to stick to it...you just don't have the drive and determination to do...you know...like I do'!
LOL she didn't look impressed!:D

What an awful woman! But I love your reply to her:D

I must be quite lucky in that I have a lovely MIL (feel I ought to stick up for the good ones;)). In fact when I saw her last week she was so enthusiastic about my weight loss. She knows I'm dieting, but not doing CD - no-one except you guys know I'm doing it - not even DH:eek::D:D

In fact when I spoke to her the other day on the phone she told me how she's been telling all her friends about how her DIL has been doing so well on her diet. :):) With MIL's like this one who needs will power, I've got my own cheerleader:D:D:D

What an awful woman! But I love your reply to her:D

I must be quite lucky in that I have a lovely MIL (feel I ought to stick up for the good ones;)). In fact when I saw her last week she was so enthusiastic about my weight loss. She knows I'm dieting, but not doing CD - no-one except you guys know I'm doing it - not even DH:eek::D:D

In fact when I spoke to her the other day on the phone she told me how she's been telling all her friends about how her DIL has been doing so well on her diet. :):) With MIL's like this one who needs will power, I've got my own cheerleader:D:D:D

Dinosaur, how on earth have you managed to hide the fact that you're doing CD from your husband?!

HH

Other people's attitudes

yep, wasted energy bothering about other people's attitudes. Hopefully they will change them at some point but best just to let them get on with it. I think it is good to be exposed to this type of thing as we learn to put less emphasis on what others think. They will think what they think regardless so we may as well be true to ourselves

Dancing - I agree completely. I just had a hard weekend - not because of dieting, but because of dealing with others' attitudes to my diet. I've had emotional blackmail and badgering from my father because I chose to attend a family meal out but didn't eat, and unrequested advice from someone whom I've never met before to do half an hour's exercise a day which will allow me both to lose weight and eat out (yeah, and that's really going to shift four stone and my issues around food). Silly me rose to the bait and argued about it. From now on, I'll just smile and say brightly, "uh, OK!" and change the subject.:)

Ah yes, the 'fooling my husband' thing:rolleyes:

Well, he's not too keen on me doing anything too drastic to lose weight, so I'm basically doing my own version of SS+.

I SS during the days, and when he's home in the evenings (3/4 nights a week), I have an AAMW meal, but when he's not around I SS.

TBH, it's saves on the hassle of him worrying etc. It means I'm still eating in front of the children several meals a week, which is important to me.

But mostly it seems to be working. He knows I'm doing a low fat/cal/carb diet, and is really supportive, but as a genetic skinny, he really wouldn't want me doing a meal replacment diet.

Ah well. Sometimes in life, the end justifies the means.

Back