Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I actually made soup!!!

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Starlight, 29 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im in shock lol I HATE veggies of any description (well except potatoes) but having being inspired by the soup I had at my friends the other night I decided to make some.

And I have to say its pretty blooming nice. I think Ill be doing that a lot now, specially with winter approaching.

I cant believe I actually made (edible) home made soup lol AND ofcourse its 0 points :party0049:

Ehm... can you tell Im chuffed ;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kittykat

kittykat Gold Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Diet:
    exante
    well done glad u enjoyed it xxxx

4. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    was it just veg soup then hun?

5. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

how did you make it chickxx

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Its carrot & onion, which is really odd cos I HATE onion :rolleyes:

7. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

have to try that sandyxx

8. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Well done you! (I feel the same pride in you eating your veg as I did when my little one first did, hahaha!!).

I'll have to try that...I used to have the sound/idea/thought of carrots in soup, but having tried it myself I actually quite like it now...carrot and onion sounds quite nice!

Becoming quite the chef aren't you missy, lol.

9. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    :giggle: Well Ive got to give it a try. Next on the list is lentil soup, then banana icecream and hopefully in a couple of weeks Ill be onto solids ;)

10. Twiggy

Twiggy Is in the Zone

Diet:
    WW
    Me too!!! Thought it was just my own little dirty secret lol.

Oh I do like mushy peas too ... only because they've been processed to within an inch of their life lol

Wow - knowing you've done so well without the veggies has made my day lol

11. nails

nails *Quornstar*

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Yay! Well done you!

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Im on a roll now, decided to branch out and make lentil soup tonight. I think I have the onion & carrot one well sorted now, tho noone at work believes its home made when I take it in for dinner :(

Im pretty pleased with the lentil soup, absolutely delicious & I love the fact it smells lovely all through the house :giggle: I do need to get out more dont I ;)

I still havent lost that sense of achievement or the enjoyment of actually preparing it all.... simple things right enough lol

13. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    sounds delicious hunni!

Wish I was adventurous!!

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Jools honestly if I can make it - anyone can ;)

I love the fact its so cheap too. Cost pennies and has made enough for 4 portions, thatll do me the rest of the week lol

15. dellybelly

dellybelly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers propoints
    starlight I'm amazed - you really must be determined to get those extra couple of lbs off next week if you're eating veggies. I have to say, I always found my weightloss to be greater when I ate loads of fruit and veg - you're going to blast the chart into the stratosphere next week if you keep going like this - well done!

Oh, by the way, have you tried the Marigold powdered vegetable stock yet? It only costs £1-2 from Mr. Tesco and adds so much more flavour to a soup than a stock cube!

16. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I'll have to get some of that powdered veg stock, I love homemade soup. 0 point soup is delicious, cheap AND leaves more points to use up on crisps and treats - brilliant!!! Lol

What else did you put in your lentil soup Starlight? I've never used lentils before, are they very high in points? I love lentil and bacon soup bought in a tin - would be great if I could recreate something similar for less points, mmm!

17. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    All I did was grated a carrot fine chopped an onion, made 2 pints of stock & added the lentils. let it simmer for about 50 mins so it was nice & thick.

A heaped tablespoon of lentils is 0.5 points, I was counting that per portion :)

18. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Hmm, might give that a try then - cheers me dears! ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.