i made a soup :/

loolahoop

Silver Member
as the title says i have made a soup ...for the 1st time! lol
its the end of the week and i have done my new week shopping so some of my left over veg was looking a bit worse for wear , so instead of chuckin them out i have chucked em in a pot n made a soup lol!
theres carrot, runnerbeans, spinach, pepper, cauliflour, broccoli, mushrooms and leeks! a bit of a combo i know! lol
i added a veg stock cube, soem salt,pepper and garlic powder n it smells ok, am yet to taste it though!

is there any day red/green/EE that it wouldnt really be suitable for? i havent got my book to hand, but are these free on all days??

Yep they're all superfree on all plans! Well done on making your first soup & its a great way to use up any old veg thats lying around. Another thing you can do with any fresh/leftover veg is cook it up, mix some light phili cheese thru it & serve with rice/pasta or jacket potato.

think i will try that with the philly and pasta next week that sounds yummy, sounds like a nice green day dinner!

well my soup looks DISGUSTING!! lol with all those colors blended together it looks liek a brown gooey mess! lol but it actually doesnt taste too bad! lol think i may add a few herbs or spices to it though tis a little bland lol ...reminds me of pureeing for baby food again! lol xXx

When I make soup, I just take half of it out, blend that half and put it back in the pan, that way you have a nice colored soup, is not too thick and baby food looking and you still get chunks of veg too :)

Last edited:
When I make soup, I just take half of it out, blend that half and put it back in the pan, that way you have and colour, is not thick and baby food looking and you still get chunks of veg too :)
thanks britmum! will deffo remember that for next time!! lol xXx

Back