i am disappointed with 1st weigh in

Well it's a loss so it is definitely a step in the right direction so don't be disheartened. In the first week I lost 6.8 pounds and I must admit I was disappointed after reading of others having much bigger losses. I tend to lose between 3 and 3.8 pounds a week now.

Thing is you probably lost weight last week too in your preparation so this is more like week two of CD. We can't always compare ourselves to others as water retention affects people too as does TOTM. I'd just think that I've started losing weight and you may be surprised next week. Even if you aren't it's still a loss and that's a damn sight better than putting weight on.

keep your chin up!

just got back from cdc and i have lost 3 lb. did prep week all last week and started ss today . is that a bad loss or good loss.:sigh:

Hey Sue - if that was a 3lb loss in your 'pre' week....then it's a good start.....bet you have another great loss on your first week of SS !

and anyhow.....3lbs off is way better than 3lbs on !!

good luck...and keep us posted :)

love

Debz xx

That's an excellent loss!:party0011:

I seen a post earlier that you were back in your size 14 jeans already!!!

Well done!

Love Mini xxx

no , not me not size 14 yet.... thats my aim out of my sz 16 jeans.that wt loss isnt too bad then for preparation phase ???

Sorry, read it wrong:sign0007:

I always feel if the scales move in the downward direction then you are doing something right.

I know CD is the only diet I have ever done that it is possible for me to lose 3lbs. I consider 3lbs. a good week.:)

Here is what one pound of fat looks like
1Ib fat
DawnC

Love Mini xxx

Another thing Sue,

I see from your weight loss tracker that the three pounds you have lost means that your no longer obese, just over weight:happy096:

Hi

3lbs is a good loss for your prep, you just wait until your first weigh in after a week of SSing. Most importantly though is that because you've prepared you should succeed with SSing as you've done everything right and hopefully your 'early day symptoms'....headaches, hunger, lighthead should be minimal. Well done you're doing great. Be sure to let us know how you get on.

I read it wrong too - I thought you'd done a week of SS after a week of prepn. It still stands though that a loss is good and better than putting it on. You'll do really well on SS I'm sure.

didnt write it to well. finished my preparation week yesterday and started ss today.
i am talking to myself at the mo, encouraging myself on as i clear up the kids tea mess..... hubby buggared off out of the way to decorate a bedroom. mind he did say that my hips looked a little slimmer in my jeans today ! at least he noticed.... he dare not notice

That is a great start - they will add up really quickly

Well done, 3lb is a good loss. Good luck with SS this week:)

Hi Sue

I bet you have a really good loss on SS next week. You've done the prep perfectly too - well done. I ate for England right up until midnight before the day i started SS which just made it harder! xx lots of luck to you for next week xxx

Personally I think that 3lbs is a fab loss for a prep-week.

When you think that on SS they say average losses are a stone a month that is roughly equivalent to 3.5lbs a week and you have almost acheived that on your prep week :p.

Well done lady and I hope you slip into ketosis as painlessly as possible :).

Well done

remember a loss is better than gain - keep it up won't be long before those size 10 jeans fit.

xx

Personally I think that 3lbs is a fab loss for a prep-week.

When you think that on SS they say average losses are a stone a month that is roughly equivalent to 3.5lbs a week and you have almost acheived that on your prep week :p.

Well done lady and I hope you slip into ketosis as painlessly as possible :).

i agree, Ruthlet
Chin up Mummy Sue, it should get much easier fom now on & don't compare your losses to others for that is the path to discontent.
remember that CD losses are faster than ordinary diets, so if you want to mal any comparisons do it against ,say , what you might have lost in the same period on WW.

I agree with Jane,, don`t compare your losses with everyone elses, I did at first and i got a bit obsessed with it and dissheartened when I only lost 2lb.
I look at my weight loss over a month not a week and it usually evens out to about a stone.

3lb off is fab well done x x

Back