i am disappointed with 1st weigh in

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mommysue, 12 October 2007 Social URL.

1. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    just got back from cdc and i have lost 3 lb. did prep week all last week and started ss today . is that a bad loss or good loss.:sigh:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well it's a loss so it is definitely a step in the right direction so don't be disheartened. In the first week I lost 6.8 pounds and I must admit I was disappointed after reading of others having much bigger losses. I tend to lose between 3 and 3.8 pounds a week now.

Thing is you probably lost weight last week too in your preparation so this is more like week two of CD. We can't always compare ourselves to others as water retention affects people too as does TOTM. I'd just think that I've started losing weight and you may be surprised next week. Even if you aren't it's still a loss and that's a damn sight better than putting weight on.

keep your chin up!

4. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

Hey Sue - if that was a 3lb loss in your 'pre' week....then it's a good start.....bet you have another great loss on your first week of SS !

and anyhow.....3lbs off is way better than 3lbs on !!

good luck...and keep us posted :)

love

Debz xx

5. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    That's an excellent loss!:party0011:

I seen a post earlier that you were back in your size 14 jeans already!!!

Well done!

Love Mini xxx

6. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    no , not me not size 14 yet.... thats my aim out of my sz 16 jeans.that wt loss isnt too bad then for preparation phase ???

7. Mini

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Sorry, read it wrong:sign0007:

I always feel if the scales move in the downward direction then you are doing something right.

I know CD is the only diet I have ever done that it is possible for me to lose 3lbs. I consider 3lbs. a good week.:)

Here is what one pound of fat looks like
    [​IMG]1Ib fat
    DawnC

Love Mini xxx

8. Mini

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Another thing Sue,

I see from your weight loss tracker that the three pounds you have lost means that your no longer obese, just over weight:happy096:

9. Cheb

Cheb Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(4.8%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet (SSing)
    Hi

3lbs is a good loss for your prep, you just wait until your first weigh in after a week of SSing. Most importantly though is that because you've prepared you should succeed with SSing as you've done everything right and hopefully your 'early day symptoms'....headaches, hunger, lighthead should be minimal. Well done you're doing great. Be sure to let us know how you get on.

Mini likes this.
  10. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    well there is that , and i tell my hubby i am nearer 12 stone than 13. i am sooo hungry though. split my veg soup pack cos i like that one and just had another mug . but im starving

Mini likes this.
  11. Sweetpea

Sweetpea Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I read it wrong too - I thought you'd done a week of SS after a week of prepn. It still stands though that a loss is good and better than putting it on. You'll do really well on SS I'm sure.

Mini likes this.
  12. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    didnt write it to well. finished my preparation week yesterday and started ss today.
    i am talking to myself at the mo, encouraging myself on as i clear up the kids tea mess..... hubby buggared off out of the way to decorate a bedroom. mind he did say that my hips looked a little slimmer in my jeans today ! at least he noticed.... he dare not notice

Mini likes this.
  13. kikuka

kikuka Tequila makes miaow happy

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(36.82%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    That is a great start - they will add up really quickly

14. ava

ava Silver Member

Well done, 3lb is a good loss. Good luck with SS this week:)

Mini likes this.
  15. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

Hi Sue

I bet you have a really good loss on SS next week. You've done the prep perfectly too - well done. I ate for England right up until midnight before the day i started SS which just made it harder! xx lots of luck to you for next week xxx

Mini likes this.
  16. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    good loss

good loss .... dont worry when u get weighed next week it will be great.........:D

Mini likes this.
  17. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    Personally I think that 3lbs is a fab loss for a prep-week.

When you think that on SS they say average losses are a stone a month that is roughly equivalent to 3.5lbs a week and you have almost acheived that on your prep week :p.

Well done lady and I hope you slip into ketosis as painlessly as possible :).

Mini likes this.
  18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. mandymoo

mandymoo Full Member

Well done

remember a loss is better than gain - keep it up won't be long before those size 10 jeans fit.

xx

Mini likes this.
  20. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    i agree, Ruthlet
    Chin up Mummy Sue, it should get much easier fom now on & don't compare your losses to others for that is the path to discontent.
    remember that CD losses are faster than ordinary diets, so if you want to mal any comparisons do it against ,say , what you might have lost in the same period on WW.

Mini likes this.
  21. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    I agree with Jane,, don`t compare your losses with everyone elses, I did at first and i got a bit obsessed with it and dissheartened when I only lost 2lb.
    I look at my weight loss over a month not a week and it usually evens out to about a stone.

3lb off is fab well done x x

Mini likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.