I am going to be brave and start a thread

I am going to try and get some sleep now but my mind just doesn't want to switch off :-(

I kno hunnie. But there's no point worrying until u have facts (easy for me to say I kno!!) xxxx

Have not slept much as my brain keeps going over and over things today I am going to be so tired and moody but hopefully later on I will get to have a nap

I'd definitely try for a nap if you can hun. Do you know when you go to the hospital next? I'm not really up on things like this, did you have the extra test that they offer at the 12 week scan or did they just come out and tell you?x

Ho I had my scan it wasn't the best result for me my babies nuchal translucency was high at 5.8mm so I have to go to kings college hospital within the next few days for a cvs test so I won't know for certain what is going on with my baby until I have the test the plus side will be I get to find out the sex nice and early x
Hi Kellie. Just want you to know my thoughts are with you. The not knowing and having to wait for answers can't be easy. I'm sure I can speak for every one on here, we are here for you whenever you want. Sending lots of virtual love and hugs.:)

I'd definitely try for a nap if you can hun. Do you know when you go to the hospital next? I'm not really up on things like this, did you have the extra test that they offer at the 12 week scan or did they just come out and tell you?x

Yeah they asked if I wanted the down syndrome test and I said yes and then after she measured the back of baby's neck she said I was high risk as it is measuring 5.8mm and should be under 3.5mm and she said straight away she wss referring me to kings college hospital and tried to phone them there and then but there was no answer so the test comes in two parts so she took me straight round to have my blood taken which is the second part and while I was sat there another lady came round and asked if I had gone I said no I am here she said good as the bloods the midwife took last week were not labelled so have not been done and kings won't accept a referrals without them so I had them done yesterday as well so I am waiting on a call to say when my referral appointment is if they have not called me by this afternoon then I am calling them as the cvs test should be done before 13 weeks and I am now 12+2 and with the weekend coming up I am going to be at least 12+5 before I can go in x

Yeah I read about that, that they had to do the test within a certain timescale. We declined the test but we don't have four other kids to consider. Can't imagine how much must be going through your head right now but hopefully they'll get you in soon and you can have a clear answer xx

Now that you say that.. We were never offered a downs test.. And my 12 week scan was done on a machine that didn't measure.. So we'd have no clue either way.. That's a bit odd isn't it?!
I'd have refused it myself but like you Sarah I don't have other children to consider and have Downs in my family so have a better understanding of it than some others... (Mam's sisters (twins) were downs and my cousin is Downs)

Hi. We refused the test and we have 4 children already. I have never had it (the test). Like you Frances we have Downes in our family to. He is loved no more or no less than any of them. It's all down to personal choice at the end of the day.

Hi. We refused the test and we have 4 children already. I have never had it (the test). Like you Frances we have Downes in our family to. He is loved no more or no less than any of them. It's all down to personal choice at the end of the day.
Definitely.. x

Very true I have always had a test so didn't really give it much thought to be honest I don't know anybody with down syndrome which makes things harder as I don't have that great an understanding although it is not just down syndrome that my baby might have there are other much worse conditions I just don't know I really need to have this other appointment so I know what I am dealing with if anything at all x

Very true I have always had a test so didn't really give it much thought to be honest I don't know anybody with down syndrome which makes things harder as I don't have that great an understanding although it is not just down syndrome that my baby might have there are other much worse conditions I just don't know I really need to have this other appointment so I know what I am dealing with if anything at all x
It must be like a bolt out of the blue, especially if you have had this test with your others. I wouldn't have given it a 2nd thought either. Your right you need this appointment to know what your dealing with, if anything.....
I think your amazing being a fab mum of 4. Sending big hugs

Hey Kellie, just finding your diary now. So sorry to hear about all the stress and heartache. Hopefully you will get your answers soon and all will turn out fine. They only do that test here if you are over a certain age, not sure but think its 36yrs old. A girl I used to work with had it done and was told she was high risk but went on to have a very healthy, very lively baby boy! I really hope you can take it easy xxxx

Hey Kellie, just finding your diary now. So sorry to hear about all the stress and heartache. Hopefully you will get your answers soon and all will turn out fine. They only do that test here if you are over a certain age, not sure but think its 36yrs old. A girl I used to work with had it done and was told she was high risk but went on to have a very healthy, very lively baby boy! I really hope you can take it easy xxxx

Thanks hun I just want them to give me a date as I think waiting is just as hard plus if there is something really wrong the longer the pregnancy goes on the harder it is going to be to make a decision x

Hi Kellie x

I hope you and your family are ok and you get some answers soon. Can't imagine what must be going through yours and hubby's minds x

Thinking of you xx

Hi Kellie x

I hope you and your family are ok and you get some answers soon. Can't imagine what must be going through yours and hubby's minds x

Thinking of you xx

Thanks hun it is doing my head in but I am trying to keep positive until I get the test and the results back I just wish the hospital would hurry up and give me a date for the test x

Back