i am new to Dukan Diet.. need some support

chloess

I tried Atkins a while ago for a week but cannot stand the high fat and oily food.

I moved to Dukan last week, pre-cooked all my meal and i was on track.. only lose around 3.5 pounds on first week ( i didnt lose any weight on day 5-7). then.. i cheated!! i hate burger, lolly etc.

But now I want to go back on diet. i will stick with pp for 3 days.. next thursday is my birthday so I guess i will let myself eat what i want...

it is so hard to stay on a diet with limited food choice.. but i will really try it hard..

I am 122.6 lb and i want to drop down to 110 lb...

I wonder if the High fat low carbs atkins diet will lose weight faster than Dukan low fat low carbs.. I found atkin's recipes is a bit hard to prepare and lots of butter/cream..

i really need to lose those weight before end of yr because I will be seeing my special someone early next yr.. and I am doing it for myself.

Hi, you will find lots of support here, although it is a bit quiet at weekends.

hi hun and welcome ....if its your birthday very soon do you think you would be better waiting till after the getting right into it that way you wont undo what you do in the first few days and feel a bit disheartened.....
its my bd this week too and i am doing pp so no celebrations here as i kept having weekends off for things which slowed me down

hi, nice to meet you.

maybe this is a good idea to hold on until after my birthday. well.. i may just eat healthy for these few days like.. with carbs but healthy.. with vege and some protein. and restart on Friday for a 7 days attack.

i am not sure if coffee or sweetener is affecting my diet.. or too much carbs on my yogurt.. my weight is not going down as far as some others. i have 2 cups of coffee a day , trim milk with sweetener.

you need to fill in your stats in the user CP

your goal weight is very low and depending on where you're at right now/your height/bmi you may not have much to lose...

it stands to reason the less you have to lose the less you WILL lose...

ensure you're not setting yourself unrealistic targets

but as I say fill in your height, current weight, goal weight etc and we'll be able to advise further...

as for coffee it actually boosts your metabolism and warm drinks in general work with thermogenics to aid weight loss not stall it...

skimmed milk and sweeteners shouldn't stall weight loss either....

what yogurt do you have ? does it have fruit in it ?
cant see the coffee causing problems , but then everyone is different
Have you got the book to read through ?
Oh and are you doing the walking ? that does make a difference..
Im sure if you post your daily menus in the menu thread someone will be quick to pick out what maybe causing a slowdown for you , they are very good in here for that

hi chloess,i think like scrumper said wait until u have had ur birthday and aslo order the book on amazon ,it is very quiet at weekend but mon/friday u will get loads of support and advice !!

and welcome love

Hi can I join in....just picked up my Dukan Diet book and plan to have it read asap.....

Hi can I join in....just picked up my Dukan Diet book and plan to have it read asap.....
hi there
welcome im sure there will be lots more people about tomorrow
once you start the book you wont be able to put it down and if you get confused by anything like i did in here is the best place to ask

you need to fill in your stats in the user CP

your goal weight is very low and depending on where you're at right now/your height/bmi you may not have much to lose...

it stands to reason the less you have to lose the less you WILL lose...

ensure you're not setting yourself unrealistic targets

but as I say fill in your height, current weight, goal weight etc and we'll be able to advise further...

as for coffee it actually boosts your metabolism and warm drinks in general work with thermogenics to aid weight loss not stall it...

skimmed milk and sweeteners shouldn't stall weight loss either....

hi,

thanks for you respond. I just updated the stats. the true weight on dukan website said 112 lb.

what yogurt do you have ? does it have fruit in it ?
cant see the coffee causing problems , but then everyone is different
Have you got the book to read through ?
Oh and are you doing the walking ? that does make a difference..
Im sure if you post your daily menus in the menu thread someone will be quick to pick out what maybe causing a slowdown for you , they are very good in here for that

hi,

i cannot find any fat free yogurt here. i bought the 99% fat free with sweetener one here. it has around 8g carbs per serving.

yea i got the book :) and i go to gym 3 times a week for 45 mins work out.

HI good luck with the diet. Its very quiet though here at the weekends

hi,

i cannot find any fat free yogurt here. i bought the 99% fat free with sweetener one here. it has around 8g carbs per serving.

yea i got the book :) and i go to gym 3 times a week for 45 mins work out.
dont forget that if you exercise alot you may have a fair bit of muscle and that weighs heavier than fat

Good luck!

Back