I am NOT a happy bunny!!

You have to be able to reach the letter box

poor you! that's a horrible thing to have happen. i know that i at least, like to keep things to myself until i know how its going! it's horrible having people watching you (or at least, feeling like they're watching you!).
if i were you, i just wouldn't worry about it, maybe explain to your mum and sisters and get on with it!
either way, you're doing great so they'll only be jealous anyway! :)

Hiya,

First off I do realise this post may / will come off very harsh. It's not meant that way, I'm just trying to show you you can see it differently too.

If I only told my mum and told her not to tell anyone else my sisters (I too have a lot (4 of em)) would find out eventually.

Ignoring the fact that mum told them against your wishes, to prove my point, why shouldn't they know? I'm unsure of how close you guys are, obviously, but my sisters have all been very supportive of the diet. Worried, yes, but supportive! I really think you'll need that support hon.. try explaining to them how the diet works and show them the booklets. I explained to my family, in tears I may add, how terribly unhappy I was about my weight and even my cynical dad took this diet seriously from then on.

As for the rest of the world knowing, through them, yea that sucks. My sisters have kept it to themselves, mostly, and not told family because I begged them not to. They have however told their friends but looking back... me getting pissed about that was kind of unjustified anyway. They are probably just really worried and need someone to talk to about your diet. I can understand how you think it's none of their business and as said before I don't know how close you are but I couldn't have done this diet without the support of my family and sisters.

You may need their support sooner than you think as this diet is pretty rough at times. ;) Try explaining to them how it all works, they know you're doing it now so might as well explain it right? Try looking at it from a different perspective, this perspective will probably make you very upset and angry for quite some time to come ;) Explain to them all, (= including sisters) why you want to keep it low key and that you feel it's your journey and people shouldn't interfere etc. It's better to explain all that now so they will respect your wishes.

You could talk to your mother and tell her how unhappy you are about her telling others. Did you specifically tell her not to tell anyone though? Like, explicitly without flowers 'dnd pink cloud-talk around it? After she'd told 1 person, that 1 person could've been the one to tell all the rest. If she didn't know you wanted to keep it that private she didn't know she wasn't allowed to tell so... then it would seem a bit unjustified to be so upset with her, don't you think? If she did know then yes, obviously, that sucks and you should have a serious talk with her about it.

Hope it makes sense. I've had pretty pissy moments at my family, too, but in the end they will probably support you if they understand your reasons so best to grab that support with both hands now they know. ;)

xxx

aww sorry hun.

Try and use it as a reason to remain positive and prove them all wrong and get t that goal xx

I am the one who always fails diets and usually never tell anyone that i am on one. This time around I have told everyone. Why?? you may asked. To make sure i dont fail this time, to dig my heels in over the worst moments and make sure that I carry on, so they cant say oh she failed AGAIN and to also avoid awkward moments in social occasions where they wonder why I am not eating or necking the booze down.

Its out in the open now hun, and your friends and family have either got to respect your choices, support and encourage you, compliment you when ur doing great or simple STFU.

Good luck on your journey and you will show them that you will and can succeed.

I'm over it now to be honest. The thing that annoyed me was just how everyone was telling people, it was more the girl that is my sisters friend and who I haven't seen since I was a fat little kid! I know I was just overreacting and being sensitive about it. It just made me feel like they were all talking about me, well obviously they were. But just made me think about what they would have been saying. I've spent so long ignoring my weight trying not to notice I guess I only hoped others would either. But if they're all sitting around talking about me, they have noticed, well obviously, who couldn't! But just made me feel really self conscious and stuff. But I'm ok now. I figure there's still the majority of people who don't know. Most of my friends don't know. And so I'll still get to have some honest reactions without having everyone ask me all the time about it and putting in their thoughts on the diet.

old post

Last edited:
Thank-you for posting your story

Last edited:
Back