Total Solution I am really doing this

I really should step down on doctoring. And I have to be honest, I haven't been 100% with my water.

Well, dinner was less than convincing - I had no bars and I really felt I needed to tread carefully so as to not fall of that wagon! I had cucumber and tuna
Feel stuffed, but determined to keep going. I am very frustrated with Exante and their last stunt! I feel like I can't trust them, and that's not good,

I mean they have such great products, but they go around messing with the formula (think indian curry rice) - they did nothing but take the taste out and turn it into foamy mush! then they're out of their products so often, they just take them off the site, so if a product is popular, you may not even ever get a chance to see it (exact sip, peanut butter cheesecake delight.. to name a few)

Sorry but I had to rant! Have a great Friday evening everyone

Good morning all! Well, I've officially lost the weight gained on the trip, so now it's onwards. Had a killer headache yesterday, but i trudged on, and today things are a bit clearer.

I really should step down on doctoring. And I have to be honest, I haven't been 100% with my water.
Hi Dinma, hope things are good with you! Good decision - I find I doctor things only if truly unpalatable, remember it's not normal food nor is it ever meant to be. To me it's a daily reminder as to why I'm doing this, that being said I tend to stick to things I like.

I'll try everything once, but there are some things I'll NEVER eat again: (i'm also glad exante ran out of flapjacks, I had ordered a box of those as everyone seems to have confirmed their foulness, I don't think I'll even try those)..
1. The soft bars - the texture feels like sand and the taste is either non existant or too artificial
2. The shepherd's pie - just no
3. The breakfast eggs bacon & cheese YACK YACK YACK!!
I'm not crazy about the soups esp anything with mushroom as they tend to push the artificial flavoring a bit too much... soups in general are not my go to food in normal life, so i don't expect it to change on the diet - though i heard the red thai soup is excellent

I've yet to try the sausage, the pizza - though i heard they're pretty good. I like the pot meals just for their "easy to carry and fix at the office" - I went off the daal as it is bland, but the green thai is pretty good if you like spicy food - the texture is hit or miss though

I do have to add, that their visuals on the site are sooo false. If anyone's ever had the red bean chili look like theirs, please share!

Don't get me started on the flapjacks. I have 20 left! I'm with you on the Shepherd's Pie. No amount of doctoring will get me to buy more of those.

I actually like the double chocolate bar, that's just me I guess.

I got the Pizza and Fajitas but haven't had time to make them, so I can't comment for now. I really hope they're good. Haven't tried the bean chili, but if the shepherd pie is anything to go by, then you're right, the pictures on the site must be "doctored". Loooooool. I couldn't help it.

Have a lovely weekend

That getting back into ketosis seems to be worse for me as time goes on, all the reason why i should stay on plan!
Headache is gone and physical/mental hunger have dissipated.

Breakfast didn't happen as my friend's dad was put in an artificial coma following cardiac arrest and she's all over the place - I was on the phone with her for the better part of the morning so no food - just coffee and as I'm not hungry, I have to force myself to have a pack so that they're not left to be eaten tonight all at once as it makes me sick! Contemplating the almond milk shake

May try the sausage mix with pancakes tonight as my last packs. I've been staying away from the "delights" as they give me terrible stomach aches and other unflattering annoyances despite the lactaid. I'm really curious as what it is I'm having this reaction to - maybe the thickener?

Will probably hop over to Italy tomorrow morning, but told my husband NO restaurants, suffered since coming home to get into ketosis, I think i have enough willpower to abstain from food tomorrow. Will just drink water and coffee, have my breakfast here and packs in the evening.

Wow, I was reading up on someone's diary and they posted an article from a few years ago about some woman being called names and attacked because she was "fat" and the lingo fattism, words like fat etc - someone's response was to correct the article (abc) and say overweight. On the whole, it was based on people's reaction or debasing manner towards people different from them, nothing I hadn't heard before but it resonated with me.
A friend of mine's husband is a doctor (and don't get me started on him) and he was saying that overweight and obese were based on medical terminology and that it was normal to say "fat" because it was a general term. Why was he addressing me when there were others in the room, it's not like I even partook in their conversation! Why was it acceptable for him, the "reference" of these things to carry his potbelly and not me? I remember at the time I was 20lbs overweight... And how we talked about BMIs and as to why there was only one reference for its guidelines (based on average caucasian) - what about Asians, what about Africans, what about Pacific Islanders, Nordics.. I mean we could go on and on
He just shut it down by saying that it had to start somewhere, and let's face it, you don't need to calculate BMI to see when a person is overweight or obese :eek: ok?
This conversation has stayed with me throughout the years, it basically boils down to the fact that people will judge you whether you're fat/skinny, ugly/pretty, nice/mean rich/poor etc within a few minutes of meeting you as a reference to where they stand with you as in better/worse than you - even if it's fleeting, it's human nature - however, what's unacceptable for me is to let that dictate how i should live my life, what i should wear, where I should go, and most importantly how that would give the right for someone to disrespect me or talk down to me because of my weight issues!

Ok those are my two cents on a saturday evening

It's funny when you lose weight or in my case, deflate. The numbers aren't really going down (had a sneak at the scales - back to pre NY weight plus 1lb less), but I've shrunk.
I have a pair of white jeans which were tight around the waist and legs - they're baggy now. It's awkward - my top size is the same though. Given the choice, I would rather lose weight from top to down but I guess I should be thankful something's going down!
I'll weigh in officially tomorrow morning as it'll keep the pressure not to cave today as we're off to San Remo to see some friends. Tomorrow is my "anniversary" - 25yrs living with Mr Man! I know he's got something planned, i just hope he doesn't go overboard.
Diet wise, I'll have to make an exception though, moments in life like these need to be cherished and enjoyed, without worrying about diets etc in the background. I'll have the rest of the week to offset it

It's funny when you lose weight or in my case, deflate. The numbers aren't really going down (had a sneak at the scales - back to pre NY weight plus 1lb less), but I've shrunk.
I have a pair of white jeans which were tight around the waist and legs - they're baggy now. It's awkward - my top size is the same though. Given the choice, I would rather lose weight from top to down but I guess I should be thankful something's going down!
I'll weigh in officially tomorrow morning as it'll keep the pressure not to cave today as we're off to San Remo to see some friends. Tomorrow is my "anniversary" - 25yrs living with Mr Man! I know he's got something planned, i just hope he doesn't go overboard.
Diet wise, I'll have to make an exception though, moments in life like these need to be cherished and enjoyed, without worrying about diets etc in the background. I'll have the rest of the week to offset it

Wow!!! Congratulations on 25 years. That's awesome, and I agree, times like these should be celebrated without worrying about calories and carbohydrates. As you said, you can offset it later. Have fun!

Re the shrinking, Lol. I always lose weight round my waist and hips first too. I wish my arms would get the memo too. Smh

Memo to arms (lol) please join the shrinking club!

What a day, on my way back home, I'm exhausted, I drank all the water I'd brought 4l and took in too much sun. I had an allergic reaction to the sun last August, so I really tried to be careful today, but it was quite hot. I had the maple syrup pancakes this morning, I added the 100 ml of water but it was too runny, so the pancakes came out wrong. Found a leftover lemon bar in my purse from last week's travel, so had that. I am RAVENOUS!

Gosh why of all times, it had to be Sunday evening that I caved? Had tuna and TWO pieces of toast, and 2 cookies -
came home just ravenous and frustrated, didn't feel like having a pack, but now i feel remorse, not "end the world" kind, but more "why do I succumb so easily?" Well, it's done and i refuse to add to the damage

Weigh day - lost 1lb (technically 6)
Last night's off road venturing probably had something to do with the little loss, or dehydration, or I just lost 1lb :)
I'll take it! It's the scales, clothes feel looser on the bottom - not on top yet, but this too shall come.
"patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet" right?

Weigh day - lost 1lb (technically 6)
Last night's off road venturing probably had something to do with the little loss, or dehydration, or I just lost 1lb :)
I'll take it! It's the scales, clothes feel looser on the bottom - not on top yet, but this too shall come.
"patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet" right?

Any loss is welcome, so woohoo!

Yes thanks Dinma. Working from home today, so in a sense it's easier, but it's also not if that makes sense?
I had coffee for breakfast and figured i'd have water until i just couldn't handle it to have my first pack. My head started spinning around noon, so went down to fix a green thai rice pot meal. I decided they were pretty good (went off a couple of weeks ago) so I decided to put a few in my basket so I wouldn't forget... Lo and behold! NO pot meals around, as a matter of fact, not much on the site - pretty scary! what is going on Exante? o_O :grumble:

I ended up having 2 meals yesterday
Thai pot meal
Eton mess at around 5:30 pm- I forgot to take a Lactaid and the rest was history!! Sooo sick
Ended up going to bed at 9pm on my 25th anniversary! Man that was just dismal

My husband pushed back the reservation until tonight! Guess he's making up for Sunday :rolleyes:
Will stay away from dairy today!

Hava a great day everyone

I ended up having 2 meals yesterday
Thai pot meal
Eton mess at around 5:30 pm- I forgot to take a Lactaid and the rest was history!! Sooo sick
Ended up going to bed at 9pm on my 25th anniversary! Man that was just dismal

My husband pushed back the reservation until tonight! Guess he's making up for Sunday :rolleyes:
Will stay away from dairy today!

Hava a great day everyone

I hope you feel much better today. I'm glad he could push the reservation. Have a wonderful time tonight!

Thanks Dinma! well today is another day truly. So far I've had water and pancakes first thing this morning. I wanted to save my calories for tonight as it's a nice restaurant. It's the chef's choice, so I won't have much say.. I usually don't eat dessert and will stick to fizzy water

Hey you are doing so so well :) xxx

Good morning everyone! Restaurant was great, very intimate (12 seats) and felt like home so I was very happy as I don't do noise very well.
As usual in these modern restaurants, the menu was chef's surprise and the plates aren't overloaded, just enough like a tasting menu and local based. So emphasis on fish, tomatoes and truffles. Being the designated driver felt good too as my husband usually loses out to my greed for the bubbly.
It was three hours long so to me I felt I'd digested the first part of the meal :D
One fail point though... I had dessert. The surprise was chocolate based and I'm just not a fan so I said so, they already knew of my lactose intolerance so I thought I was safe. He brought a plate with sorbet though... couldn't resist. Oh well!
Today is a new day, so I had my fun now it's back to exante 100%!

IMG_5773.JPG IMG_5774.JPG IMG_5775.JPG

That dessert looks good! I'm glad you had a wonderful time. Back to Exante... :)

That looks yummy xxx

Back