I am so happy!

malaika

Lover of Extra Easy
Today, we had "dress down" at work, which we do now and then, mainly to raise funds for charity. It was McMillan's turn this week.
Apart from being able to wear jeans or whatever we wished for a donation of a pound we had a huge amount of cakes and pastries baked by the staff to raise funds.

Firstly, I got out my fav pair of jeans (before SW) and they were much too big!
So I got the next size down, and they were ok but a little loose. So I tried the ones that I couldn't do the button up, and now they fit perfect. Not too tight or loose.
I literally jumped up and down!
I only have one pair left to get into and they were a tight fit when I weighed 9 stone, but I'll get there!

Anyway, come tea time today, and everyone, except me, piled into the cakes and pastries. I didn't have a single one and enjoyed my orange instead. I donated for the cakes but didn't touch one.
I REALLY felt good, not only because I didn't have any but because I didn't even want to. I did not feel left out at all, and certainly did not feel deprived in any way.

I now, am more than happy that I have taught myself that I really do not "need" any of it anymore. And I really believe it.
I think I have conquered the bread, crisps, choc and cake demons. I know that they do taste good but I also know that a few minutes of pleasure can, for me, result in inches on the hips!
I know a little does not hurt, and many people can have some, syn it and carry on but I can't. I don't want a little. If I start, I am like a hoover. I don't stop, so I am just so happy that I can pass it all and not worry about it in the least.
Today was a big test, as not seeing it, I didn't want it but seeing so many people munching away and not wanting it made me feel so good. I am still grinning!

Well done you!

What a fantastic feeling it is when you can actually say no to food, i still have a struggle sometimes but im sure it will come to me eventually!!

Thank you Henna!
You are doing so well. I am sure, that you
have said no to food at some point, and will many more times yet.
For me, I think, its a lot in the mind lately.
I see the "naughty" food and I think to myself that if I eat it, I will be happy for a few minutes and then I will feel bad for doing so, and my weight loss will be even slower so I really don't want it. It's not hard for me now... maybe it will be one day, but while I feel like this, it feels megga good :D

Sonia you are a STAR! I am SO happy for you!

That is brilliant, what an amazing feeling & achievement. :D

Thanks again!
It's this wonderful site and all you beautiful and helpful people that really keep me so much more motivated than I have ever been.

Well done Malaika! I KNOW I couldn't have done it - that takes real willpower.

Now, as Aaleigha suggested, could you bottle that feeling - there's lots of us out here who'd pay good money for it!!!

Thanks Roz.... if I could, I would ;)

Seriously, though, although I can have willpower when I really try, I think the love of "slim" clothes way exceeds the love of chocolate and cake!

What a fab inspiring thread :)

I'm only 2 weeks into my SW journey but even I can 'feel' the difference in my clothes - so I know a little of what you are describing and look forward to feeling it more the further I go on.

Back