I am so sick... alternatives?

Please help, I so badly need to drink something other than water!! I am craving flavoured cold drinks so bad but the water flavourings are just dire :( Tastes like I have poured vitamin powder into my glass.

Is there no other option? Really?

Please save the day someone and tell me that something else is allowed??

xx

have you tried the water flavourings with fizzy water? I love this and have it every evening in my wine glass.

You don't *need* flavoured cold drinks, you just *want* them; try and figure out why you are craving!

Drinks-wise there are no cold-drink alternatives, all you can have is black tea, black coffee, the savoury drink/boullion, water and water flavourings.

I don't know if it will make any difference, but I can't drink tap water now. I can only drink spring or mineral. As we drink so much, I can now taste the difference

Also try drinking water warm with or withour flavours.

As Pete, said, it's all in your head. You have to get a grip and be stronger.

FYI - asda now do sparkling water at 10p for two litres, its not as great as the expensive stuff but I get through two litres a day, mainly with the st clements powder in (which i can't afford) but hey like the previous poster says I could just tackle why i feel i need a flavour. Have you tried fruits of the forest with hot water? or hot or chilled peppermint tea.

peppermint tea
i get through a box of 20 in 2 days
hated it before LL
can't live without now
79p for 20 tesco bargain brand
daisy x

It may not be "allowed" on LL but being on a plan that doesn't even provide water flavourings and having browsed this forum a lot I can tell you that flavoured water or soft drinks that don't contain citric acid seem to be sneaking in to other TFR diets with no ill effects.

Read the labels carefully but off the top of my head coke zero, and Perfectly Clear apple or kiwi drinks are OK. Not gallons though, just the odd glass now and again.

It may not be "allowed" on LL but being on a plan that doesn't even provide water flavourings and having browsed this forum a lot I can tell you that flavoured water or soft drinks that don't contain citric acid seem to be sneaking in to other TFR diets with no ill effects.

Read the labels carefully but off the top of my head coke zero, and Perfectly Clear apple or kiwi drinks are OK. Not gallons though, just the odd glass now and again.

That may be so, but the whole point of the LighterLife plan is the total removal of food; sneaking cans of Coke because you "crave" something is *not* dealing with your food issues and is detrimental to your progress mentally, and not to mention that fizzy drinks cause further cravings for sugary foods as the your body expects to get sugar from the drinks then doesn't and so makes you want it from somewhere else.

Harsh as it may sound, I know from painful experience that if you can't handle doing LL 100% to the letter, then it's not worth doing.

And yes LL does provide water flavours. Just not crap ones.

Back