i bruise like a peach! Anyone else?

LizzMB

WILL be Slim!
i know it probably sounds daft, but i bruise so easily now i've lost weight...!

Everything, literally, hurts, if i gently bang into a door or something, i get a massive bruise!

Is this a normal side effect of "slim"?

xxx

lol - I don't know Liz, I'm not quite there yet hun. I can imagine though if there isn't as much 'fat' to shield you - then maybe bruising is a 'slim' side effect!

You look fab btw - you've recently changed your pic - I can see a massive difference, you must feel fab - Well Done Hun! :):):)

Hugs x x x

I've no idea if it's normal or not but I'm exactly the same! I'm absolutely covered in bruises and they don't go away quickly either. I've got about 4 bruises on the top of my legs-no idea how I got them but they've been there for weeks!

i have heard of people on cd experiencing this before... cannot remember exactly what causes it.

thinning of blood or under absorption of a certain vitamin (cant remember 100%) i think but dont quote me...

i know this answer is crap but i wanted to say dont worry, if i can remember the correct answer ill post it. in the meantime chill!

xxx

I had a ridiculous number of bruises on my legs when I finished SS last time. *sigh yep I'm a returner*. I was told there could be two reasons for it:

1) Levels of vitamin K. Don't know about you but I used to eat a lot of green vegetables. CD said that because my intake may have been higher than average, although the packs do contain the RDA amount of Vitamin K, it wasn't as much as I had before.

2) Less fat = less padding = less protection

Oh and one more for good measure, I'm a clutz!

I noticed this, we dog sat a small and bouncy puppy last week and my thighs are covered in paw size bruises. Previously I didn't bruise that easily - I'll take it though to have thinner thighs!!

I went through a phase of this, although it seems to have passed for now.

I used to wake up in the mornings literally covered and had no idea where they'd come from!

Yep! Last time I did SS I would wake up covered in bruises! Never knocked myself or anything but always had loads of massive bruises. Must be a little known side effect! x

I
1) Levels of vitamin K. Don't know about you but I used to eat a lot of green vegetables. CD said that because my intake may have been higher than average, although the packs do contain the RDA amount of Vitamin K, it wasn't as much as I had before.

Yep, that's pretty much it

The volume and viscosity of the blood changes on VLCDs and bruising is more common.

It can also be a lack of Vit k. Obviously there is vit k in the packs, but there's not a RDA for it...you could need more

You can get something called Synkavit from the chemist which can help, but if it bothers you, get it checked out with the doctor :)

Back