I can do it this time! Kara's weight loss & TTC journey.

I did the C25K and I felt so proud! I do recommend it!
Obviously I cannot really run, but I jog and now I'm able to do it for 30 minutes -- not always, though, but I can :)
There are days in which I prefer a kid of HIIT, alternating between walking and jogging. Other days I want to challenge myself to go a bit further or faster.

Don't feel bad about food, enjoy it! You can always go back to you plan the next day or even the next meal.

i came down with a 40degree fever yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty rough but somewhat better! My husband made me Thai chicken soup yesterday which was really nice, having leftovers for my lunch today :D I am feeling pretty excited for my weigh in on Monday, my leggings are feeling looser so I feel positive I will have a loss this week.

Hi Hun

Good luck with your goals and congratulations on the job offer sure you will see a loss on the scales :) xxxx

Being ill is great. It gives you a great boost when it comes to weight loss, although you feel awful at the time. I hope you feel 100% soon.

Being ill is great. It gives you a great boost when it comes to weight loss, although you feel awful at the time. I hope you feel 100% soon.
I've never found that to be true, since I tend to eat convenience foods when ill! Besides, I'd rather be healthy than thin.

I've never found that to be true, since I tend to eat convenience foods when ill! Besides, I'd rather be healthy than thin.

Same here, I usually want to eat ice cream when I have the flu lol! I compromised and had low fat natural yoghurt instead, it helped my throat feel better.

I'm off to do my food shopping, I have planned all my meals out for the week. I find by planning ahead and writing a shopping list I'm less tempted to pick up things at the supermarket that I shouldn't. Me and my husband are going to walk to the supermarket, it's a 20 minute walk. I'm feeling a lot better today, my fever has passed, now I'm just left with a sore throat. Hopefully the fresh air will help :)

I'm feeling brave tonight. I'm going to make a lasagna, without the pasta sheets and using zucchini instead. I'm not going to use Bechamel sauce, I found a recipe for a lasagna on Slimming Worlds website which uses yoghurt, egg and nutmeg for the white sauce. I will be giving it a try, fingers crossed it turns out nice. :p

Zucchini lasagna with lots of ricotta is great!
Glad you're feeling better. I'm the same as you and Grumpy when I'm sick... I just want to eat and stay in bed.
I live alone now and last time I was sick I just wished that I had my mom with me, so she could cook all the awesome stuff that mothers cook.

How did the lasagne turn out?

Hope you're feeling 100% again asap and the sore throat is gone very soon xx

The lasagna was really nice, even my hubby and step kids enjoyed it :rolleyes:

Decided to weigh in this morning, I am down 4lbs this week which I am really pleased with. It's been quite a long time since I have seen these numbers on the scale. We took the kids out for a long walk today and ended up walking 7km, I am worn out now!! :D I am aiming for another good loss next week. I have set myself a mini challenge to lose 3lbs over the next week. Should be doable as long as I stay on track.

Congrats on a great loss! Great to see your effort paying off xx

I'm exhausted!! I started my new job today, I got a call on Friday asking me to start on Monday. I was really nervous about starting, especially with all the physical work involved and I'm not in best shape. I took 26k steps today!!!!! I am working in a warehouse that sells car parts, I spent 9 hours on my feet walking up and down plocking orders. My body is going to be really sore by the end of the week, luckily the hubby is being a star and offered to make dinner tonight.

Breakfast - Oatmeal and 2 slices of Ryebread with Philadelphia light and an apple.
Lunch - Left over Lasagna from last night
Dinner - Salmon and Broccoli pasta

This job is a perfect fit for your weight loss plan :)
It seems that it was a good day! Salmon is one of my favorite dishes.

Back