I can do this, right?

Suzie_

Hi everybody!

Okay, a quick introduction. I’m Suzie and I’m a foodaholic… :D

Hmm. :rolleyes:

Which is why I shall be restarting the Cambridge Diet tomorrow. I did Cambridge, very successfully, a couple of years ago. I slimmed down from 17 stones 13 pounds to 12 stones four pounds in something like 5 months – and then promptly fell off the wagon.

I made the classic mistake of thinking that having lost so much weight, I could surely manage to lose the rest of the excess by switching to another diet. Ha! Wrong!

Slowly but surely, my weight’s crept back up – I think to around fourteen and a half, maybe fifteen stones – I’m not sure yet, I’m going to weigh in tomorrow (not a moment I’m looking forward to :( )

But this time, I’m determined to follow CD all the way to goal. Lose as much weight as I’m allowed to following SS, then gradually work my way up the plans, like I should’ve done the first time round.

I know it’s not going to be easy, but I’m bl**dy determined to get it right this time. There are some incredible success stories here on Minimins and I want to be one of them. :D

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Best of luck to you suzie :) you sound determined and must be to have joined up here!

Spend your tempting moments on here looking at all the posts each time you feel a binge coming on lol it really helps! (im proof lol)

x

lol suzie you've already done the same yourself ;) but thanks :)

this is my first time round on cambridge and love it!!!!! as you know its addictive losing the weight so fast isnt it! i really do wish you lots of luck and brave you for attempting this so close to the festive season!!!

Its gonna be all or nothing lol you CAN do this :D

good luck suzie! you can do it again, and you dont have as much to lose this time as you have maintained some of your weight loss so you are still seeing the benefits of CD!

Suzie, am having a wobbly day today and needed to read your post... hoping it can help to keep me on the straight and narrow. You have done so well hun but boy do I know where you are coming from... good luck on your restart.

xxx

Good luck Suzie, and I just want to echoe what Mrsessex said about popping on the forum when your having weak moments.

...and brave you for attempting this so close to the festive season!!!

Yep, I think it's that 'close to the festive season' that's kind of concentrating the mind, LOL. I know that realistically, I can only lose a couple of stones in time (and that's if I don't wobble - arghh!), but it sure would be nice to be able to buy something in a size 16 again!

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Good luck Suzie x

Suzie, I started in late November last year... I remember saying to my CDC on phone, 'it might be best if I start in january' and she said, 'why?'. I couldn't think of a good reason - and by the time Xmas arrived, I had lost the first two stone. You go for it, girl!

xxx

Suzie, I started in late November last year... I remember saying to my CDC on phone, 'it might be best if I start in january' and she said, 'why?'. I couldn't think of a good reason - and by the time Xmas arrived, I had lost the first two stone. You go for it, girl!

xxx

LOL, too true :)

Okay, feeling really determined now, thanks Katy!

(and thanks Witchy :D)

Thanks everybody

Hey Hun,
Good luck on your restart! I am on day 4 of my restart too. I did CD a couple of years ago, but was only on it long enough to lose 20lbs - which meant I was still a long way from goal. I guess that didn't keep me motivated enough to keep me on track. Then I was in a car accident and due to the injuries, my weight crept back up. However, we are both here and getting our arses back into gear!! We can do this!!

Good luck Suzie. You'll be able to achieve a considerable loss in 2 months. Wishing you all the best.

Hi Suzie..Everyone!
I'm too a re-starter, Really got to give it a good go this time!
I went from 14 stone to 11.12 and now I think I'm back up to 12.10...ouch that hurt putting that down on paper, guess if you can't be honest on here then where can you huh?
Anyway hope you get on well, I'm determined this time..I'm getting married in March and need to lose at least 2 stone to feel happy on the day!
x x x x

Thanks Disney :)

And hello Kelly!

Hi Suzie..Everyone!
I'm too a re-starter, Really got to give it a good go this time!
I went from 14 stone to 11.12 and now I think I'm back up to 12.10...ouch that hurt putting that down on paper, guess if you can't be honest on here then where can you huh?
Anyway hope you get on well, I'm determined this time..I'm getting married in March and need to lose at least 2 stone to feel happy on the day!
x x x x

I know what you mean about the honesty. :) According to my scales today, I was 14 stones and 5 lbs :eek: Still, never mind. It could've been worse - and it's soon gonna be a lot less!

Well done for climbing back aboard. We can do this, I know we can. :D

I hope I can,
I have this really bad habit of saying "Oh I'll have one last day off before I start"
I'm re-starting tommorrow on SS.
Are you going on SS??
The CRAZY thing is I know if I stick to his diet I can lose a stone or maybe more a month!
Wouldn't that be great...I could be at my goal weight by Jan, great to see in the new year as the new me!!
How did you keep to it last time? It's sooo cold at the moment and I don't feel like going for walks as I did last time when I felt tempted!
I still buy my Daughter treats too so they are always in the house but I think it'll help me to know I can have but don't need them!
Anyway.... Good luck for tommorrow, I'll be going through all the bad times at the same time as you! ha ha ha.
Kelly x x
Be great to keep in touch with someone who is starting at the same point!

LOL - yes, the first 3 days of CD aren't always pretty...

Actually, I'm already on Day 1 (sole sourcing). I'd got some tetras left that rather miraculously were still in date, so so far, I've had one banana and one chocolate, and I'm glugging as much water as I can handle. I figure all the trips to the loo are exercise in themselves!

As for how to get through it, grim determination, I think. Nothing much in my wardrobe fits right now, and I really don't want to buy new clothes in a bigger size! :eek:

When are you planning on getting started?

Hi ya,
I've eaten this morning but will have a shake in the evening and start properly tommorrow!
I thought I'd find drinking water the hardest thing but when I came off the diet I still found myself drinking water!
Even when we eat out I still have it, so that's not my problem this time it's going to be my old friend Chocolate.
Funny thing is we all know that on this diet you really don't need anything else you just want it, but telling yourself you don't need the chocolate bar really doesn't work some times does it!!

I'm going to give a real good go though!
I'll be so unhappy to get married in my lovely dress at this size, I'm the only one who can change it though and I have to keep that in mind!
Someone said to put the picture of me in my dress on the fridge/cupboard...that might work!

Are you doing anything different this time?
Do you have the support of friends/ husband?
Think that helps.
x x

Good luck with the re-start, you have done it before and will do it again.
I have a similar tale to tell about losing a lot of weight, but I just went crazy on a holiday to Spain, the next time I stole an Easter Egg from a 3 year old boy which started an eating frenzy and the weight piled on again.
This time we must vow to keep it off, although you have indeed did better than me in terms of not regaining it all.
All the best x
PS - dear little boy (son of friend living in Wales bought replacement chocs and remained blissfully unaware of crime committed against him, although his mum and aunt had a good laugh!)

Back