I can do this

NettyJ

Hi there, after 6 weeks I have lost a total of 25lbs. For the past 2 weeks i have been picking and have lost 2lbs each of the past 2 weeks. My cdc says that i should be losing more. I agree. Ive been picking. This week I am going to 100% cd and see what I can do. Theres no reason why i cant do it, i did it the first and second week so I really am going to give it a good go. Im not hungry but I just fancy food and its hard for us all im sure. I am going to give it mybest this week.

I spoke however to my cdc lastnight and she said that a 2lb loss with cd is diffrent to a 2lb loss with say slimming world or weight watchers, I didnt quite understand, does anyone know what she meant??

She probably means that a 2lb weight loss on SW/WW is actually quite good, but on CD is on the lower end of what you should be losing.

You can do it! I find a distraction helps as like you, I always fancy food rather than feel hungry. So painting toenails, going for a walk, having a hot bath just doing SOMETHING until it passes.

Hey Netty,
Your doing fab...... 25 pounds lost in 6 weeks is great..
I have been on cd for 22 weeks now and there has been a number of weeks where I have lost 2 pounds and that was without picking.. So I must say I dont actually agree with your cdc.. I think a 2 pound loss is a great loss and each 2 pounds you lose gets you closer to goal.
You may lose a bit more if you did stop picking but if thats the way you chose to go then thats up to you hon .
Chin up your doing fab........ Well done and of course you can do it! x

Hi Netty, I don't know what she means by that. I know the first weeks loss is mainly fluid but afther that 2lb is 2lb surely? Just wanted to say though that you are doing really well and yes you can do it. 25lbs loss in 6 weeks is fantastic. If you get to that point again when you fancy a pick at something think of your weigh in day and how great you will feel with a good loss and staying 100%. Good luck xx

thankyou all. i dont quite understand what she meant either, but they 2 counsellors said it, and it was in a positive way. but i will ask next time what on earth they mean.

I know that i picked and i know that 2lb is a good loss but still I should have and can do better, and this week i will.

Thankyou all for messages of support....

Good luck Netty! you can do this. picking is hard to stop, but you must! it will be worth it when you are at goal and working up the plans.

Maybe they mean that as we do this diet in ketosis this means we burn fat, so 2lb off is definately fat and not glycogen...

I guess on CD 2lb loss (other than in first couple of weeks) is 2lb of fat whereas on a conventional diet you are constantly taking in and losing food...not sure if that makes sense but seems to in my head! But 2lb is 2lb, go stack up four packs of lard in the supermarket, thats 2lb of FAT....gone forever!

Well done on your 25lbs loss !!!!!!
And good luck for SS I am sure you will get in the swing !
2lbs is a good loss (the ladies here have been telling me this as I feel like it will be 2lbs tomorrow at weigh in and was worried about being disappointed. That's over half a stone a month in the right direction ! Also a bag of sugar, carry it round for a bit (thanks to who suggested this) ! And you will see how heavy it is !

Back