I can't be fat and 30!

Yeh I miss the drinking more too! Aww that's gd it wont make u feel so unsociable then! Where is it u stay?
Yeh the peanut is my Fave :) u shud defo try n get some cranberry ones they're yummy! I didn't like the chewy bars at all. Got my fingers & toes crossed for u! Gd luck xx

I'm originally from London/Essex but I live in Dubai - been here about 5 years now. I love it but every week there is a pool party/beach party/boat party and I turn so many down cos I don't want to get in a bikini next to all the skinny minis! Next week is the start of Ramadan (month where muslims fast) so most restaurants here are closed during the day and no clubs are open... Usually its such a boring month (oops I'm not really supposed to say that lol) but on this diet it suits me fine ha ha! x

Girl on a mission! said:
I'm originally from London/Essex but I live in Dubai - been here about 5 years now. I love it but every week there is a pool party/beach party/boat party and I turn so many down cos I don't want to get in a bikini next to all the skinny minis! Next week is the start of Ramadan (month where muslims fast) so most restaurants here are closed during the day and no clubs are open... Usually its such a boring month (oops I'm not really supposed to say that lol) but on this diet it suits me fine ha ha! x

Ahh ok cool! Well in no time I bet u will be one of they skinny minis :) yeh it will be a god send! No distractions or temptations for a month so may make it easier for u xx

Shame we can't get Britain to shut all it's fast food and bars etc for a month too. I'm sure it'd help everyone shed some pounds not just those of us on CD.

Hello

So... that is 8 and a half pounds in total for the fortnight? That's really good!

This stuff all evens out y'know... if you lose 8.5 lbs over the next few weeks as well that adds up to a 1 stone 3lb loss for the month - and when you look at it like that, it's pretty damn good eh?

CD say that you will lose [ ish] a stone a month. You are well on track for that.

Keep your determination.

Hello

So... that is 8 and a half pounds in total for the fortnight? That's really good!

This stuff all evens out y'know... if you lose 8.5 lbs over the next few weeks as well that adds up to a 1 stone 3lb loss for the month - and when you look at it like that, it's pretty damn good eh?

CD say that you will lose [ ish] a stone a month. You are well on track for that.

Keep your determination.

Awww thank you so much for your message. I know you're right and I shouldn't be down about it... I guess I just wanted to be one of those lucky ones with a wow story of losing a stone in a fortnight or something lol...

Never mind, this road is a long one so I need to not get hung up on the little things and just think every loss is contributing to the bigger picture! x

A stone in a fortnight would be pushing it at your weight! Try re adjusting your expectations - just think - next week you ARE going to be 12 stone something, right?

And won't that feel like an achievement?

A stone in a fortnight would be pushing it at your weight! Try re adjusting your expectations - just think - next week you ARE going to be 12 stone something, right?

And won't that feel like an achievement?

You're right... I should be proud of more than half a stone in 2 weeks. And yes, next week I WILL be in the 12s! :)

Hi everyone

Its been 3 days since my last post... Oops!

First off, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for your tips re the shakes. I tried blending the strawberry one with ice and it was lovely and I had the chcocolate one warm and it was soooo nice - just like having a hot chocolate!

I had a blip the other night and had a diet coke with a slice of lime... I was out for drinks with friends and it was soooooo hard sticking to water when everyone was drinking cocktails! :cry: I also went to the cinema and the smell of popcorn and nachos drove me crazy but I was good and just had my peanut crunch bar.

I started back at the gym yesterday too... I did a Body Pump class and OMG do I ache today! Seeing as I'm saving money on takeaways lol I've decided to treat myself to a massage later and I'm looking forward to 90 minutes of pure bliss!

I hope everyone is doing ok and having a good weekend xxx

Hi everyone

I hope you've all had a good Sunday! :)

Today was a good day - porridge for breakfast, peanut crunch bar for lunch and then a banana shake for dinner. I also tried my first bikram yoga class this evening - I've done yoga before but this was intense! It is sooooooo hot in the room and I've never sweated as much in my life! One session is supposed to burn off like 700 calories though!

lol i tried bikram yoga for first time last week and had to leave after 30 mins - it was so hot and the sweat was pouring into my mouth! so nasty!!!!!! well done - the yoga is really good! can't imagine having the stamina to do body pump on this diet either - you rock! X

lol i tried bikram yoga for first time last week and had to leave after 30 mins - it was so hot and the sweat was pouring into my mouth! so nasty!!!!!! well done - the yoga is really good! can't imagine having the stamina to do body pump on this diet either - you rock! X

I know what you mean about the sweat - it was GROSS! I had to sit down halfway through cos I though I might faint lol... Going again tonight though so hopefully I'll find it easier! As for body pump - I have never ached so much in my life!!! I'm soooooo not one of those girls who loves exercise lol but I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end! x

well done Nicola, I'm working my way up to Yoga its so hard. I really enjoy exercise now I miss it when I dont go, I love how it makes you feel after! Stick at it and as it gets easier and you start to increase your fitness you will feel great! Keep it up!xx

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOO PI$$ED OFF!!!

I lost 2lb this week. TWO flipping pounds!!! I've drunk at least 3 litres of water every day, I haven't cheated by eating food AT ALL, I exercised three times and all I lost was TWO pounds?!?!

I understand some weeks are going to be a smaller loss than others but I only lost 2.5lb last week as well!!! And I've only just started this diet so how can my weight loss have 'slowed down' already?!

I've really got the hump. I'm giving it one more week and if I don't have a better loss next week then this diet is not for me. I'm not going through all this for 2lb a sodding week.

Rant over. Sorry everyone. :cry:

Oh hun sorry to hear that. I'd be fed up too. Do you think that maybe you're doing too much and forcing your body into starvation mode so its clinging on to every once of fat it can? I'm no expert but I thought exercising was a bit of a no no?

Fingers are crossed for a bigger number next week.

yeah that sucks... sorry xxx maybe it's all that muscle weighs more than fat stuff, and you are gaining muscle from gym? are you measuring yourself too - you've probably lost inches?? x

I AM SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOO PI$$ED OFF!!!

I lost 2lb this week. TWO flipping pounds!!! I've drunk at least 3 litres of water every day, I haven't cheated by eating food AT ALL, I exercised three times and all I lost was TWO pounds?!?!

I understand some weeks are going to be a smaller loss than others but I only lost 2.5lb last week as well!!! And I've only just started this diet so how can my weight loss have 'slowed down' already?!

I've really got the hump. I'm giving it one more week and if I don't have a better loss next week then this diet is not for me. I'm not going through all this for 2lb a sodding week.

Rant over. Sorry everyone. :cry:

Thanks Alison and Mush Machine... Sorry the slow reply but I've had the hump so haven't been on in a week!

Had my 4th WI today and lost 2.5lb (rolls eyes). I kind of expected it tbh because I haven't been great this week. I had a bar of chocolate after WI last week and I've had three meals - I stuck to grilled chicken and salad but still... Its food that I'm not supposed to be eating!

I must be the only person I know who hasn't lost at least a stone on their first month of CD so I am still rather cheesed off with this diet... I'm going to be 100% this week and see what the scales say at my next WI and then decide what to do going forward...

I hope everyone's diets are going better than mine!

I fell off the wagon gained 1.5lbs last week and got the dreaded 4th week WI tomorrow and not been 100% again. But I think like you im gonna try and be 100% from tomorrow and reconsider whether I continue any longer after my 5th WI.

Fingers crossed we both have a good week. At least you've not gained anything. x

Hi! Just a thought....I know Bikram is mental, and that you sweat loads, have you been replacing the water you've lost? Coz if not, that could be retention that's slowing your weight loss. Also, you do burn a lot of calories doing it so you might be going into starvation mode if you are only on SS, don't worry about the choc bar or the chicken/veg - slip ups happen, keep going! You are doing well!!!

Back