I can't do this!!!

Trini_Divine

Finally getting surgery
:break_diet: I'm so mad at myself right now. Day two and I've cheated. No matter how much I tried to talk myself out of it..even when the food was on the plate...it just didn't work :sigh:
I tried to sleep so the day would pass by. Didn't work. Tried reading, doing wordsearch, chatting online, reading threads - Didn't work!!

But the thing is... I don't really want to give up. Not again! It's sooo hard. Why can't I just stick to it? I have no excuses. It's simply a lack of willpower? I dunno! Dammit!!!

What is 790? I am on SS - 3 packs a day, 4 - 6 litres of water a day. I am ok all day and as soon as the afternoon hits I feel like I have to eat everything in sight!!!

The funny thing is, when I'm not on a 'diet' I don't eat that much. I can go the whole day without eating food and not even realise unless I've got major hunger pains. As soon as I'm restricted I think about food 24/7. The mind is an amazing thing.

what to do, what to do, what to do???

Hi there

I know, it's sooooo hard. It comes down to a simple equation though and that is whether you like food more than you hate being fat?!?!

Maybe write down a list of reasons you hate being overweight and also a list of reasons that you want to be slim...

I found the diet very easy but since introducing food i'm really finding it hard to maintain!!!

Do you want it enough? Cos i was soooo desperate, i even considered surgery before i found LL.

Hi there,
I dont profess to be an expert but dont beat yourself up about it, i am on week 4 and i have lost 11.5ibs and i cheat every week - bad i know but there is light at the end of the tunnel, pick yourself up and keep going!! the consistent weight loss will give you a boost,

Good luck!!!

I've done that. written it down. said it over and over. dreamed it. wished it. thought it, want it so bad..but I dunno. Gonna try again and again until it gets easy.

Hi Trini,
I think that Karens advice is brilliant. I did Lighterlife so it's got the counselling aspect to it. At my first group meeting we had to write a letter to ourselves which was all about what we hated about being fat/overweight and hoew it has affected our lives. This simple task was so very effective. When I read my one to the group I just wanted to cry. This diet is will definately work you just need to get through the first 3-5 days of carb withdrawal then you get into ketosis and the hunger goes and the weight falls off. Don't give up just yet!! Tomorrow is another day and it could be fresh start. We all have blips in this kind of diet. The main thing is not to feel bad about what you have eaten as this could make you eat more. So it happened, it's fininshed and you move on. Don't be hasty.
Have a look at the gallery for inspiration!!
Good luck with what ever you decide hun!
xx

Hi there

I know, it's sooooo hard. It comes down to a simple equation though and that is whether you like food more than you hate being fat?!?!

Maybe write down a list of reasons you hate being overweight and also a list of reasons that you want to be slim...

I found the diet very easy but since introducing food i'm really finding it hard to maintain!!!

Do you want it enough? Cos i was soooo desperate, i even considered surgery before i found LL.

I've done that. written it down. said it over and over. dreamed it. wished it. thought it, want it so bad..but I dunno. Gonna try again and again until it gets easy.

Well as Tracy says it does get easier - the first few days are really hard and then when you get into ketosis you are not physically hungry.

It's good that you are not giving up but i think you should work on a positive mindframe... if you think you can't or won't do it it just won't happen but if you think you can then miracles can happen! I've never been this slim in my life and i'm mid 30's but i was so desperate and when i saw how quickly the weight was coming off and started getting compliments then that was what saw me through the few months of abstinence.

Give yourself a chance!

What is 790? I am on SS - 3 packs a day, 4 - 6 litres of water a day. I am ok all day and as soon as the afternoon hits I feel like I have to eat everything in sight!!!

Hi, I've just completed my 1st week. I did the 1st day SS and on day 2 I felt so ill I switched to 790 which my husband is doing too. I felt happier cause I was getting some real food at the end of the day - even though it's a small amount. SO far I've found it great and easy to stick to. I'm scared to eat too much in case it knocks me out of ketosis so I don't cheat. I've lost 8Ibs this week and hubby lost 15! You'd be better trying this plan rather than giving up!
If you want to know anything else about the plan give me a shout.

Good Luck

Tiara x

from what people have said on here, they dont lose much less with 790 than they do SSing. some seem to lose as much with one as the other. 790 is where u have the packs but u have a small meal as well. u ought to speak to CDC and see if maybe u could switch, even if u just wanna do it temporary.

even if u did 790 for a week until u r in ketosis then move down to SSing, it'd be better than getting mad and urself. u might find u just prefer doing the 790 and carry on doing it? i dont think u should beat urself up and u seem determined to the idea of losing the weight so maybe its better achieved on 790.

ur journey, ur choice!

xxxx

from what people have said on here, they dont lose much less with 790 than they do SSing. some seem to lose as much with one as the other. 790 is where u have the packs but u have a small meal as well. u ought to speak to CDC and see if maybe u could switch, even if u just wanna do it temporary.

even if u did 790 for a week until u r in ketosis then move down to SSing, it'd be better than getting mad and urself. u might find u just prefer doing the 790 and carry on doing it? i dont think u should beat urself up and u seem determined to the idea of losing the weight so maybe its better achieved on 790.

ur journey, ur choice!

xxxx
This sounds like a good idea because when ketosis kicks in you dont feel the hunger

You'd be better trying this plan rather than giving up!
If you want to know anything else about the plan give me a shout.

I agree. Sounds like the better option. So is SS during the day and then atkins in the afternoon (or whatever time of the day u prefer? and do you replace a pack with the meal (so u have 2 packs and the meal)? Maybe I should just call my CDC. I'm just not looking forward to his lectures. :eek:

Thanks to all of you. I really don't want to give up. Time is kicking my ass here. So I appreciate your advice. Truly.

Hi on 790 you have 3 packs a day plus a small meal. I usually have 6oz chicken plus 2 tablespoons of veg from the allowed list. You are allowed to use spices etc so that livens up the chicken, and you're also suppose to have 1/2 pint skimmed milk which I've not been using but I think you're supposed to. I'm finding that I'm not hungry at all. I have 2 packs throught the day and that still leaves you a pack for at night time. I know I'm in ketosis now and I could probably switch to SS now without any problems but the truth is I enjoy having my chicken in the evening and I don't want to give it up!! As long as I'm losing weight I'll continue with 790. I also like the fact that we still have a family meal in the evening.

The other reason I think this plan is good for me is I like to think I'm learning new habits. I'm terrible for eating very quickly. Now on 790, because I'm not allowed a huge amount of food, I savour every mouthful, eating much more slowly.

The only think I'd be wary of is, if you don't think that you can stick to the allowed amounts. I've heard others say, If I have a bit I'll just want more. I suppose it depends on you. I'm finding I'm still strict with myself as I'm scared I'll come out of ketosis. I felt so ill on day 2 that I'd hate to have to do that again!

Did your CDC not give you a book telling you about the different plans? You'll get a full list of what you're allowed to eat in there.

Tiara x

Back