I can't even last 1 day

AussieBug

:cry:

I fell so rubbish! I can't even last 1 day on ss. I know I need to lose the weight, and I know the diet will work... but I ALWAYS cave into tempatation.

I supposedly started the CD 1 month ago, and the longets I have lasted was 5 says of ss (and lost 10 pounds, which I have since regained), before "something" came up (like a weekend away etc).

Yesterday, I was determined to start again on ss, and I made it until 8.30pm, and being home alone, I ordered and ate an entire pizza and bbq ribs. :break_diet:The entire time I was eating, I even thought "I shouldn't be doing this", and "I feel full, I can stop now", yet I kept eating. :sigh:

I feel so ashamed, would not dream of admitting this to my partner.

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just being pathetic?

No you are not pathetic, CD sound really hard and I know jolly well I could not do it. perhaps you could consider the JUDDD plan, you could have your CD packs on a DD and then eat normally on UD's. Have a look at the Johnson Up day down day thread - could be exactly what you are looking for!

hun dont beat urself up its hard i know i have really struggled this week, i caved on monday and had chicken curry rice for tea.
And i have had the odd pick like a coctail sausage, or a bread stick. and i know i shouldnt but cant help myself. i think its just in the mind its like coz we arnt supposed to eat u just wanna eat anything and everything. your not alone keep strong, i think what im gonna do is find a pic of myself i hate so that can be any pic as i hate them all and putit on the fridge then if i get tempted i can look at it and see why im doing this, maybe u could try that?
keep ur chin up we will get there.

Don't feel to bad i like you supposedly started a month ago i lasted two days and then gave into my friends temptation of a bottle of vodka since then i can't kick myself back into it. i'm gutted because i know when i go away in september i am going to be bigger than i should be. Am determined to restart tuesday can't keep making pathetic excuses as to why i can't.
Keep your chin up you can do this diet.

Why not try Step 2, I manage enough will power to survive the day looking forward to a light meal.

I am finding it quite easy so far (Day 11).

You need to have your head in the right place for this diet,These are a few things i do to help me, i got a fat photo of myself and made it A$ size and have got it in my kitchen so a constant reminder, i then wrote 5 goals beside it that i want to acheive and try to aim for these and mark them off once i have reached them.
If SS is difficult for you why not try 790 plan so that you have a meal to look forward to and the weight loss is not that much different to SS .

Also try to get a diet buddy who you can chat to or email when you are feeling like you could slip and take each day at a time.

Good luck x

julesrush

Hiya,

You're only human chick - don't beat yourself up please!

I couldnt even do a day on CD either. I just love food too much so found another way to lose weight.

All you can do is put it behind you & forget about it now. I've heard the first 3 days are the worst on CD, after that its much easier.

Best wishes (and hugs)

K x

thank you all for your kind and supportive words.

Some excellent suggestions! I am definitely going to print of some horrible pics of me and place them around the flat where I might be inclined to give into temptation! :eek:

As for the 790 plan, I had never even considered that, so i'm looking into that aswell.

again, thank you all :)

The best way (IMHO) of finding a plan that suits you is to do a 'preparation' week before trying to do SS.
I NEVER sell a full week of SS to a new client who has not done the diet before. Instead, I ask clients to replace one meal on day one and two and eat a 'normal' dinner but with only 1/2 portion of carbohydrates.
On days 3 and 4 I suggest 2 cambridge packs with 1 low fat dairy snack and one dinner with 1/3 portion of carbohydrates
On days 5 and 6 3 cambridge packs with 1 dinner of lean protein and veg NO CARBS.
And then day 7 is the first day of Sole Source!

During days 1 to 6 I ask that clients drink 1/2 pt skimmed milk and Work their way up to 3litres of water a day.

Most people want to continue with SS but a fair proportion choose 790 or 1000 as a way lose weight on a plan they can live with.
I hope that this helps you.

im now on week 7, i did the SS and AAM but now im on the 790 plan even though not at goal yet but just to get my body used to eating as i go on hols in 5 weeks and dont want to pile on loads of weight.
the 790 is great, only problem is im not getting my shakes in as early as i was on SS as i just dont feel hungry then i have my meal with hubby as he is on CD too, then im having to cram in my shakes and feel really bloated, i think the 790 plan will suit you best as when your sat at home on your own thats when it gets hard :D

I found it too difficult to stay on the SS wagon and feel bruised and like a failure for falling off so often. :cry::break_diet:

I have moved onto step 2 790 plan. I thought I would find it very difficult as I had problems with AAM week.

Very happy now to report that I am on day 11 and I am settling into it and feel very happy to be doing it.

I intend now to stick with this to goal.

Love Mini xxx

:cry:

I fell so rubbish! I can't even last 1 day on ss. I know I need to lose the weight, and I know the diet will work... but I ALWAYS cave into tempatation.

I supposedly started the CD 1 month ago, and the longets I have lasted was 5 says of ss (and lost 10 pounds, which I have since regained), before "something" came up (like a weekend away etc).

Yesterday, I was determined to start again on ss, and I made it until 8.30pm, and being home alone, I ordered and ate an entire pizza and bbq ribs. :break_diet:The entire time I was eating, I even thought "I shouldn't be doing this", and "I feel full, I can stop now", yet I kept eating. :sigh:

I feel so ashamed, would not dream of admitting this to my partner.

Has anyone else experienced this, or am I just being pathetic?

Hey I could have written this! I started cd on 15th feb 07. And to date I still haven't made it to AAM week!!!! In fact, I haven't made it past 2 whole weeks SS! I think it's been an absolute miracle that i've lost any weight at all! I'll go a few days, being 'good as gold' and then give in to say, a biscuit and then it all goes out the window! I don't just nibble I binge big time. I don't understand it. As like you say, the weight needs to be shifted and this diet is a great way to do it so why not stick to it?! I don't know the answer, but i'm having a bit of a rollercoaster ride while trying to find out!

Try the 790 plan and see if it works for you, i've heard that people get some great losses whilst still being able to enjoy a little bit of food everyday. good luck :)

try reading peoples blogs and looking at gallery . great for getting your head in right place . this site is your saviour ,come on when temptation strikes and read or write or play games . i know every one says it but i have never stuck to a diet in my life . i read icemoose's blog for a few days before i started and was determined that i would try hard for three days . im eight weeks in and every day i get on the scales and have lost weight ,thats my inspiration . and as a wise blogger wrote " its not a prison your being held in,its you making a positive decision to better yourself " . i found when i looked at it like that i felt better about food situations and proud when i was strong . good luck ,keep us informed

:) again, thatnyou all for your supportive words.

I am happy to say that I survived a full day on SS. I know it's just one day, but it's longer than I have been managing lately!

So that's my goal at the moment, take one day at a time.

Day 2 of SS... here I come! :D

Well done, i am exactly the same always have an excuse to fall off the wagon.

I am out tonight for my daughters 13th birthday and we are having a meal but after that I am determined to get back on this 100%, i have 8 weeks till my hubby comes home from working abroad and need to shift as much of this bulk as possible so I will keep checking up on you and you check up on me!!!

I managed 2 days up until 7 pm last night, this is when it hits me hardest and i had 6 macdonalds nuggetts 2 tortilla wraps and a double decker, oh and (just remembered) 2 slices of toast and butter and 2 packets of mini cheddars WHY!!!! I think in my mind I am thinking that I am going out tonight so might aas well start again on Saturday, i just hope tomorrow i don't think, leave it till monday!!!!!!!

Keep going you are doing so well, !!!!

Hi hun,

Finishing day 1 is fabulous WELL DONE!

I think thats a good way to approach it by taking 1 day at a time. This diet is far from easy I've fell off the wagon a few times now but am hoping that my mind is in the right place and i'm in for the final lap.

We're all here for you, I couldn't have go tthis far without this site

Good luck

Jo xx

Last edited:
No you are not pathetic and you are certainly not alone.

Altough i have only been doing this for 1 day i am a self confessed junk food adict and i have a real problem with it. everytime i watch the tv i feel starving because of all the adverts for junk food. if this is the same for you then just do something else when the adverts are on, it will help loads.

it is hard in the first few days, im on my second now and it is still difficult, what i did was buy a very expensive and georgeous dress in the size that i aim to be (12) and everytime i feel like binging out i look at that and it re-assures me.

Hope that is some help -x-

:) again, thatnyou all for your supportive words.

I am happy to say that I survived a full day on SS. I know it's just one day, but it's longer than I have been managing lately!

So that's my goal at the moment, take one day at a time.

Day 2 of SS... here I come! :D

O! well done:clap:

You deserve a star!
goldstar.gif

Love Mini xxx

Back