I can't get any lower

Ok I'm miserable and unhappy. My BMI is over 50. I have health problems (diabetes, fibromyalgia, a heart condition and I'm off work with stress & depression.

I have been going to Slimming World for 4 months and have managed to lose 7lbs.

My doctor has put me on Orlistat and told me to consider a gastic band.

I have to get this right or it will kill me - I think I'm my own worst enemy. I think I'll go to bed now and cry. Thanks for listening xxx

Hi,

Welcome to the forum! Your definately in the right place to get some great tips and advice, from people who are in the same boat as yourself!

Weight does seem to caus some serious health issues, I had high blood pressure, slipped disc, depression..and now its all gone, its just your body's way of crying out.

I know it probably seems like your goal is so far out of reach, but you will get there, do you ever have dreams of being slim? That can happen!! Even if you cant imagine yourself being slim, it can still happen. The reason I failed with alot of diets in the past is because I couldnt visualise myself being slim so I thought..its never gonna happen. Dont be put off by that voice in your head that says you'll never do it...stick your fingers up to the doctors and people that have slagged you off and put you down...I always thought that I was made to be fat...that just so isnt true...skeletons aren't fat are they? Less fat and more exercise..

Trust me, it will work!!

And by the way...orlistat is really rubbish, it is actually quite horrific, was for me anyway and didnt lose a thing!

;)

Hello Lizzy. There's so many people in the same boat here with similar problems, and we all have the same food demons to fight, so I hope you'll stick around and chat about it all - it really does help to share, and I know it's so tough to do that in your lowest moments when you just want to crawl under a duvet and hide.

The stress and depression and weight issues sound like a vicious circle - you have to break one before you can tackle the others, and they all feed off each other. If you're currently on anti-depressants, maybe have another chat with your doctor about exploring different types if what you're taking doesn't seem to be helping.

The positive is that you've not added to your problems in the last 4 months at all, you've actually made consistent losses - just maintaining for people like us is remarkably tough, so please credit yourself with making that progress and doing so well in losing weight. It's a long journey, but you can get there with the right support, and it's totally up to you to decide whether the gastric band is the right choice for you. Nobody else can make that call.

I hope you're feeling a little better when you come back to read this - like I said, please stick around and share whatever you feel like sharing... everyone here's really lovely and I think we can all empathise with the feeling of hitting rock bottom.

Hi Lizzydripping.

I've been feeling pretty down and disheartened, but as others have said this site if full of encouragement and advice.
Let your doctor know how you are feeling and your results on the medication, maybe you need to take them a certain length of time before the results kick in?
I hope you feel better soon, please keep posting though and discuss your feelings, we will all support you the best way we can.

Good luck!

Hi - didn't want to read and run. Why don't you pay a visit to the very active slimming world forum here. We're a friendly bunch and you'll get loads of advice and support. The important thing to remember is that you are not alone.

:patback:

Back