I can't stop wobbling.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mollydog, 21 May 2008 Social URL.

1. mollydog

mollydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    :break_diet:Hi Everyone
    I've done really well for my first 8 weeks losing 2 and half stone. I'm feeling so much better and healthier than i have done for years. But..... I must be getting to a comfy zone as i am finding more and more nibbles creeping in. I still need to lose a stone and half to be where i really really want to be but the 'magic' of CD is dwindling. Every morning i get up to start SS which i manage no prob til i get in about 4pm and i'm just grazing my way through the fridge and cupboards. I've just had two brunch bars with two cups of coffee. On top of my salad, ham and cottage cheese meal i feel full to bursting. Any ideas from those of you who know what i feeling, how do we get the right frame of mind back. I know already i will have put a couple of pounds back on. I'm away to do half an hour on the wii fit and see if that helps.
    Best Wishes to you all.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hi F2T440!

I too have this exact same problem and have had when I've been sole sourcing.

The way Im going to deal with this, is to tell myself that just because I have got down to 7lbs from goal, I still do not deserve to eat. I haven't reached my goal so why should I think its ok to eat?

Its so hard and to think that a little thing here and a little thing there wont make much difference is so easy to think but it does - it did to me when I put all the weight back on and more!

You have to remember - you do not deserve to eat. Remember why you are doing this. Imagine how fantastic it will feel to know you SS'd ur way all the way to goal. THEN you can eat, if you want something nice then have it - but for the right reasons - not because you thinky you deserve it as I think anyone that has done CD has to rid the thought that food is a treat - as if it was, we would be treating ourselves all the time as SS is so hard!

I hope that helps - Im a big one for this issue, I need to over come it myself, I hope that I follow my advice when I get to 10 stone 7!

Good luck - start again tomorrow and just try and remember why you are doing this.

xxxxx

4. mollydog

mollydog Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.56%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks. I'm going to stop the May challenge and get my head right back into it. I am going to make a ticker for my 40th and my holiday and keep coming back to it. I need to keep myself busy in the evenings. I need a hobby.

5. unreal83

unreal83 Want to be a yummy mummy!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    It really really helps.

Do something that is a novelty to you, at least for the first few weeks anyway. Like cross stitch or........or or or blogging? Or.......something that you are going to enjoy it doesnt have to cost much or take up too much time - just as much as you want it to!

I bought the Sims 2 - which is fantastic - spend hours doing interior design and then play the game - its so fun!

Good luck - I hope it goes well for you and here's to the June challenge for you x x x

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

in my experience (and it may be just me) the right frame of mind doesn't come back we have to try many things to break the patterns we get into and then maybe, through changing our behaviour, our thoughts will change too. Usually thoughts change our behaviour but in times like these we have to do the opposite.

You can see that this is a habit for you. Either you are bored at home in the evening, coming in from somewhere at the end of the day and unwinding with food, or something else is going on. By breaking the behaviour pattern, you may manage to avoid the wobbles more often. Get out of the house at this time. Have a bath at this time. Anything at all that breaks that routine you have.

Good luck. I know how frustrating it can be. When I was going through it I didn't really want to break the pattern... I needed to smother some of my emotions with food. In my case I just rode that time out until I felt more positive. But, if you are going through something similar, you could try doing things that make you feel more positive. Any tasks you have been putting off that play on your mind? Ticking one of them off will make you feel better about yourself. Exercise is well known for improving our psychological state - a lovely evening walk?

Don't know if any of this helps.

good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.