Attack I could murder a carbohydrate...

Hi just a thought having read the recipe properly. We are only supposed to have 1tbs of Wheatbran a day, but this recipe is allowing two a day along with the oatbran. Might be a bit of a problm.

Oooo thanks for that, i think I'll have a go. Was the yeast the powder thats in the small sachets. Usually buy a twin pack?

Only thing is i guess that if you want porridge then thebread uses a full days allowances so might have to have less a day, if I could get it to slice ten times, that would be 1 slice a day...it looks very yum.

Hi DK, Yep, it's the twin pack. I actually buy a pack of 8 twin packs. I can only get 7g but it didn't make any difference. In terms of the Bread or Porridge, I usually go for one or the other. So, one day I'll have the porridge and the next just bread.

Last edited:
Hi just a thought having read the recipe properly. We are only supposed to have 1tbs of Wheatbran a day, but this recipe is allowing two a day along with the oatbran. Might be a bit of a problm.

Yeah. I noticed that too so proceeded with caution. I tend to cut the bread quite thin so am getting more out of it, thus making the tolerated amount of wheat bran. I also don't heap it like I do the Oatbran so probably really only putting 6 in. It seems to have been ok for me this far. I had a 1.75lb loss this week and 2.25 lb loss last week. I will keep an eye on it though and if I feel like it's making me sts, I'll make some adjustments.

thanks minnie me, will def be giving it a go.

Agree Dykan bread when you need carbs....I like to make a blt mmmmmm satisfying xxx and welcome x
hmmm BLT lush xx

Back