I Could Swing For Him!!

Minimunchkins

Gold Member
A bl**dy idiot crashed into my daughter's car this morning - got out of his car and quite glibly said "sorry, we were talking & I wasn't looking out for signs" ........IT WAS A BL**DY JUNCTION FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

My 4 & 5yr old grandbabs were both hysterical and the 4yr old had to go to A&E because his car hit her side of my daughter's and she banged her head. Luckily it appears to have been on the wings of her car seat but she's still going to end up with a black eye & other bruising.

An independent eye witness took snaps of the scene and gratefully, verbally tore a strip off him while my daughter was trying to tend to the children.

It took 3 phone calls to get the police there but they are pursuing a Careless Driving charge at least.

I'm no leagal eagle, but having admitted to not looking, couldn't they press for the more serious charge of wreckless driving?

I'm sure that carries a custodial sentence. I think I'd be furious and in similar circumstances would have swung for him:eek: - especially if the opening gambit was "sorry, I wasn't looking" and my grandchild was hit.:mad:

What an awful shock for you all especially the babes.
I Wonder would he have thought sorry was enough had your daughter hit his car when it was carrying such precious cargo.

What a prat !!!!

Are they o.k. today ?

hugs xxxxxxxxx

I hope every one is ok..... It just shows how good car seats are! Also the fact the children have to stay in them a lot longer than they did when i was younger......

Just remember its only a car and thankfully no one was hurt!...... Yes the person should can been watching what they were doing, and being charged with careless driving should make him stop and think about what he is doing in the car well thats what one hopes!!!!!

Thanks for support peeps.

A bit I didn't mention yesterday was that despite him talking to my daughter & the witness in perfect English, the gift seemed to magically evaporate when the police intitally tried to speak to him!

Everyone is fine today thanks Sue - apart from passers by who are accosted by my 5yr old autistic grandson and then have to be told the whole story! Bless :)

Back