Step 1 Sole Source I didn't loose much weight in the first week

gem19666

I have been on cambridge diet for 8 days now, yesterday was my weigh in and I only lost 4 pounds, apparently I didn't loose much because I'm drinking a cup of tea with 3 sugars every day, i have stopped drinking tea as I was a bit disappointed. I hope I will loose more weight next wk.

Good luck, it is a bit demoralising not to lose as much as you expect, but you have done well. 4 lbs is 4lbs off.

I've got my weigh in in an hour and I really don't think I've lost much I've weighed on my mums scales and its only moved a few pound so I think I'm going to be demoralised too x

I've got my weigh in in an hour and I really don't think I've lost much I've weighed on my mums scales and its only moved a few pound so I think I'm going to be demoralised too x

How'd you get on?? X

I've been a nightmare., keep standing on the scales daily and it's not moving!! I'm not very happy right now! And I've been 100%, even under my 810 most days!! Feels like I'm starving myself and punishing myself for nothing.. :(

It will pay off hunni I've felt like that just got weighed and lost 9 lb!!! Made up! The boost I needed because just before she came I was thinking is it really worth doing this! I'm closer to goal now!! X

How'd you get on?? X

I've been a nightmare., keep standing on the scales daily and it's not moving!! I'm not very happy right now! And I've been 100%, even under my 810 most days!! Feels like I'm starving myself and punishing myself for nothing.. :(

I know it sounds a bit daft but make sure you're having your full 810kcals as having less can slow or even stop your weight loss.

When on SS / SS+ you're in ketosis, but on 810 you're not so if having less than 810kcals you're body is likely to go into starvation mode and so hang on to everything, resulting in no or little weight loss, you are also more likely to feel hungry, dizzy, faint etc. So it's important to have your calories, and of course the water helps :)

I know it sounds a bit daft but make sure you're having your full 810kcals as having less can slow or even stop your weight loss.

When on SS / SS+ you're in ketosis, but on 810 you're not so if having less than 810kcals you're body is likely to go into starvation mode and so hang on to everything, resulting in no or little weight loss, you are also more likely to feel hungry, dizzy, faint etc. So it's important to have your calories, and of course the water helps :)

I'm confused with the ketosis. Is it due to the calories consumed or due to carbs?

I missed lunch yesterday but today have eaten all my meals but still came 126 cals under my 810. My appetites just gone and I feel sick after eating my Cambridge meals! I'm holding on till weigh day Monday, and depending on my weight loss, I'm gonna discuss options with my CDC. Maybe eating more would help. Maybe step 3 with carbs would be better? I'm not able to do SS/SS+ until after new year.

Thanks for your help :) xx

Sorry to butt in but from what I know of ketosis, it's both calories and carbs. It's when your body switches to fat as it's primary energy source. If you eat any carbs or sugar it will automatically prioritise those first as they are more energy dense and then put the fat in reserve stores (hence weight gain). If you eat low carb and low cal your body will turn to your own fat supply for energy. If you eat low carb high cal it will just use the food calories and not bother with existing stores. If you eat low cal high carb it will prioritise the carbs again not seeking out your existing reserves as quickly. Of course, this could be COMPLETELY wrong but in my "Geoffrey and Bungle do Science" way of understanding things, that's how it works.

Sorry meant to say, when your body is using it's own fat supply for energy from low cal/low carb- this is ketosis. It's how atkins works but losses are much slower on Atkins due to higher calorie content consumed.

Firstly, thankyou for helping! <3

So I think I get it!! Lol! Technically I should be in ketosis then? I'm not eating carbs. Only had chicken and salad stuff this week and my Cambridge products.
Ah I'm not too worried about the ketosis- would just be nice to use up the fat I've already got cause there's plenty of it ;) lol!!

I've banned myself from standing on the scales in the morning. Have made the hubby hide them. Gonna try get through tomorrow without dwelling on my loss. I've only got 3 days till weigh in so I can wait, I have to for my sanity! Lol!!

Hey
I started on 810 and went into ketosis. I think the foods you are allowed are designed to not get you out of it. Some go into it, some don't. I have been doing 810 with a few blips and I've lost 1st 5 lb in 5 weeks so don't give up x

Hi,

SS & SS+ are VLCD ranging between, 440 and 640kcal a day so on those steps you will go into ketosis, or active fat burning mode, if you like. I would say don't get to concerned about ketosis and don't waste you're money on ketostix, if you are following the plan you will be in ketosis :), you don't need to pee on a stix to tell you. The other thing is a ketostix can be pink one time but not another that doesn't mean you've come out of ketosis probably just that the pee is very dilute, like I say don't waste you're money on ketostix, if you are following the plan you will be in ketosis.

Step 2 is a low calorie diet so most people won't go into Ketosis, that said anything less than 800kcals is technically last a VLCD so your only just over the treshold, so a very few people may go into a very mind form of ketosis, either way you can get good losses on step 2.

dfzb <3 I'm presuming your not on SS or SS+ for a reason, so to me that means you shouldn't be doing a VLCD so should be having you full 810kcals like I say ketosis isn't the be all and end all, Marshflower is right in that is the carbs or rather lack of them that helps you go into ketosis, CWP is a low carb diet but you need carbs and there is a certain about in the products.

Basically what happens when we eat, the body stores that energy for future use, this energy is you like is in two forms quick access energy, (Glycogens) and slow access energy (Fat) and as Marshflower says the body will us up or the glycogens first before it start burning up the fat.

When you reduce your calorie intake (less energy in that energy going out) in time you will use up the glycogens and so your body has to start using up the fat. Now glycogens are a water bound molecule so when you use them up you also lose water hence the importance of drinking plenty, the peeing all the time (especially at the beginning when you're using up the glycogens), and also the high weight lost first week, (due to fluid loss), this applies to any diet.

It is the liver that coverts the calories we eat into glycogens (mostly from the carbs but not only carbs, protein, fats etc also provide us with energy or calories) in time any excess is converted to fat and we gain weight.

What is different about a low carb diet like CWP is that it is mostly the carbs that are converted by the liver, so without them fewer glycogens are made so your body has to burn your fat for energy, and so you lose weight.

But it is important to have enough calories and nutrients, (you get all your body need in 3 products, nutritionally balanced) If you are able to do a VLCD then you body will go into ketosis (active fat burning) after a few days when you have used up most if not all of your glycogens. However if you are on a high plan e.g. 810 were you are still having no extra carb (other than what is in the 3 products) you will use up some glycogens but not all, so although you aren't in ketosis you will still burn fat, but it is not your only energy source.

Is you aren't in ketosis (when you body knows it must burn fat as your main source of energy) but aren't eating enough calories, effectively your body gets confused, it knows it is getting some calories to make a few glycogens for energy but not too few to go into ketosis and so goes into starvation mode and so to protect you, burns as little energy as possible and hangs on to what energy stores you have. So no weight loss, but also no really energy, so you feel weak, dizzy, faint, basically crap, and your body starts screaming at you feed me so to top it all off you feel hungry.

So in short if your doing a low calories diet as apposed to a VLCD you must be having over 800kcals, so don't think you might help you weight loss by having less, it can have the opposite effect. And one last thing never be tempted to skip a product, you must have 3, to get all the nutrients your body needs, until you start stepping up the program, and so increase your normal food intake. Even if you've had a cheat still have the 3.

I've probably gone a bit bad, and over the top haven't I :D sorry that's just me all this technical stuff interests me.

Hope it makes sense, I know what I want to say it just doesn't aways come out that way. Sorry if it sounds a bit like finger wagging, that is not my intention ;)

I have got my weigh in on weds, I have cut out the tea so I'm just sticking to 3 Shakes a day and water. I'm getting really fed up now, I miss chewing if that makes any sense lol I have weighed myself and it looks like Iv only lost 2 pounds so I'm hoping by weds it will be a bit more then that lol how much weight have you lost in 2 weeks?

I've got my weigh in tonight but according to my scales it's another 5lbs this week so 10lbs in total. Of course I would like my scales to be wrong and I've lost more according to my CDC's scales but that's just being greedy huh. Lol!!

Iv lost 7 pounds this wk so that 11 pounds in total :) but I'm going out sat for my birthday and I will b drinking, just hope I don't put much on

Well done gem that's great!!

I have my bday next week also, so am hoping not to put too much on.. My CDC told me to have a bighish meal before going out drinking!!! X

Iv lost 7 pounds this wk so that 11 pounds in total :) but I'm going out sat for my birthday and I will b drinking, just hope I don't put much on

Well done-that's great. Just be very careful drinking-it's very dangerous consuming alcohol whilst in ketosis! If you have to drink, then make sure you eat some bread or something first to ensure you're out of ketosis first. Enjoy your birthday tho

She has advised me to have a shake in the morning and for lunch and tea have meat and veg, I'm looking forward to that more than actually going out lol

Back