I didn't think man could create something this horrible...

jarym

... until I tasted the LT chicken 'flavoured' soup for the first time.

Wow... I almost threw up even with my exotic taste buds. The only way I could make it palatable was by adding a spoon of dried chilli powder AND a fresh green chilli on top.

The only saving grace is that I have been craving hot food tonight with some semblance of solidness to it - on those fronts at least the soup was a winner...

but EWWwwww :eek:

I tasted it once and had to return it to the pharmacy and get shakes instead. The taste was just ewwwwww

Believe me, you will bear it for a few attempts and then, boy, will you gag. Even the mere thought of it will send you retching. They could use it in guantanamo!!!

I agree, it is horrible:9529:

I have grown to love the flap jacks:D

But still can't manage the chicken soup:yuk:

Love Mini xxx

Oh i love it, sometimes have two a day when cold out and I want something hot... :):)

Guys, guys guys!!! What are you playing at by adding things that aren't allowed???????????????????????????????????????

Dont do it!!!! It defeats the object of you doing a TFR diet that will not only make you lose weight but cleanse your pallette for when you eventually reintroduce food.

Guys, guys guys!!! What are you playing at by adding things that aren't allowed???????????????????????????????????????

Dont do it!!!! It defeats the object of you doing a TFR diet that will not only make you lose weight but cleanse your pallette for when you eventually reintroduce food.

Call me a rebel but I think that bit LT is tosh. One chilli or a bit of pepper has next to no carbs and is not gonna knock anyone out of ketosis.

As for cleansing the palette, I don't see for a moment how LT does that or how it prepares you for re-introducing food. Sorry :confused:

Edit to add: not to knock anyone who feels that sticking strictly to LT (i.e. no condiments in the soup) helps them - the above is just my personal feeling on this.

OMG I LOVE THE SOUP TOO! 2 bowls a day for me in fact I ran out today and I am feeling crap without it :( xxx

i thought u could have peppar :0( - no ???????

No!!! A few people do add it but in my personal opinion you shouldnt add anything that isnt allowed. This way you will get maximum results.

Call me a rebel but I think that bit LT is tosh. One chilli or a bit of pepper has next to no carbs and is not gonna knock anyone out of ketosis.

As for cleansing the palette, I don't see for a moment how LT does that or how it prepares you for re-introducing food. Sorry :confused:

Edit to add: not to knock anyone who feels that sticking strictly to LT (i.e. no condiments in the soup) helps them - the above is just my personal feeling on this.

If LT is tosh then why are you on here?

It may not knock you out of ketosis but its completly pointless to add anything that isnt allowed.

LT does cleanse your pallet as you are nothing having anything of 'flavour' except your shakes and so its like starting over again. When you eat again you will find things taste different. You probably wont need as much seasoning etc that you used to have before.

A diet like this is not meant to be nice for every single person, its a test of willpower and dedication. Its an extreme diet and if it was nice why would people go to the extremity of doing it?

To get maximum results stick to what is allowed and nothing else.

I quite like the soup and dont find the need to add anything to it. :D I find that the soup is quite comforting at night and I feel like I am having a good meal. The only thing I miss is not being able to dunk some bread in it ;)

No!!! A few people do add it but in my personal opinion you shouldnt add anything that isnt allowed. This way you will get maximum results.

If LT is tosh then why are you on here?

It may not knock you out of ketosis but its completly pointless to add anything that isnt allowed.

LT does cleanse your pallet as you are nothing having anything of 'flavour' except your shakes and so its like starting over again. When you eat again you will find things taste different. You probably wont need as much seasoning etc that you used to have before.

A diet like this is not meant to be nice for every single person, its a test of willpower and dedication. Its an extreme diet and if it was nice why would people go to the extremity of doing it?

To get maximum results stick to what is allowed and nothing else.

I said that particular part of LT was tosh (and only in my opinion). I'm doing LT because its nutritionally sound and I don't need to worry about my diet; its taken care of for me. And I find it works.

But, I'm not a self-masochist :D and LT isn't about total deprivation to the senses - its a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) which gets you into a mild form of ketosis to increase fat loss - its nothing more and nothing less. People add a bit of coffee to the vanilla shake, a bit of pepper to the soup, its ok, most pharmacists would say the same and it doesn't mean you're a seasoning junkie or that when you go off the diet you're somehow gonna be going after heavily seasoned food.

Anyway, each to their own. There are people on here who are happy with the results sticking to this strictly and there are people on here who are happy with the results whilst adding a bit of pepper here or a bit of coffee powder there. I don't think its fair to tell people they are wrong either way, if it works for them then it works right?

I'm one of the few that like the soup! I add chilli flakes to flavour it as black pepper is actually a fruit (it's a berry) and may affect ketosis. I know some people are totally against adding 'extra's', but imo it can't make that much difference?
I heat it in a saucepan to make sure it's really hot and have it in a bowl with a spoon to make myself feel like I'm eating 'normally'? LOL!

I said that particular part of LT was tosh (and only in my opinion). I'm doing LT because its nutritionally sound and I don't need to worry about my diet; its taken care of for me. And I find it works.

But, I'm not a self-masochist :D and LT isn't about total deprivation to the senses - its a VLCD (Very Low Calorie Diet) which gets you into a mild form of ketosis to increase fat loss - its nothing more and nothing less. People add a bit of coffee to the vanilla shake, a bit of pepper to the soup, its ok, most pharmacists would say the same and it doesn't mean you're a seasoning junkie or that when you go off the diet you're somehow gonna be going after heavily seasoned food.

Anyway, each to their own. There are people on here who are happy with the results sticking to this strictly and there are people on here who are happy with the results whilst adding a bit of pepper here or a bit of coffee powder there. I don't think its fair to tell people they are wrong either way, if it works for them then it works right?

But coffee is allowed! :p

Well I love the soup but cant stomach the bars - they are disgusting! they are all excactly the same as LighterLife but half the price x and you can have coffee cant you jarym? xx

I'm with summergurl. We're not supposed to enjoy the Lipotrim mixtures and I don't think it's wise to mess with them. The blurb says they are palatable but no more. We should try to avoid looking forward to our food, or getting comfort from it. For me part of the point of Lipotrim is to re-eductae myself and get over food addictions, so when we come out the other side we can make informed choices, and not base every waking moment around food (which has made me nothing but fat and unhappy so far). All just IMHO of course.

Jon

Summergurl makes an excellent point. I did LT nearly a year ago and do believe that part of the point of LT is to retrain your brain/ reset your palatte. I know Summergurl will agree that when you do LT almost to the letter over time, when you eventually refeed foods taste so amazing that it helps you stick to healthy (unloaded with seasoning) foods and maintain well. I have been at goal weight now for a while and I don't add anything to meals still (salt, pepper, vinegar, mayonnaise, butter) ...I have new and improved taste buds!!! I would worry that without resting your palatte you are perhaps missing ONE of the key benefits of TFR

That said...anything that keeps you on LT for the duration without knocking you out of ketosis has value

Back