I don’t own scales….

LellyCD

Trying to stay healthy!
I threw out my scales about 5 years when in horror I discovered my 4 year old daughter was copying me by weighing herself after me every day!! I had got down to 12.5 st after having my son by doing a low-carb diet and pretty much continued with LC for the following five years however I wasn’t happy with my size 16's hence doing CD now and only gained 5 lbs in that time (found out my weight at first CDC weigh-in).
I now have 1 st to go til target and I intend to work up the plans slowly for the last 7lbs keeping mainly to the lower carb side of things as I haven’t really eaten bread, rice, pasta, pots for these last 5 years and don’t want to start introducing them now (not what the post is about btw) my question really is how do I monitor my maintenance once I am done with CD without buying scales and once again becoming obsessed with weighing myself all the time?

xx

yeah or a boots or something.

You will know by the way your clothes fit. Get a pair of jeans that fit perfectly when you get to goal, and if they start getting tight you know what's up.

I rarely ever stood on the scales. Maybe i should have and then i would not have allowed my weight to rise over the past five years. ????
I hope that experiencing this feel good factor of being only 5lbs from my original goal ( i now hope to lose more though ), i will be disciplined enough, not to be obsessive and maybe only stand on the scales once a week.
Doing CD has proved that i can be disciplined. We all can be.
I should have had a WI tonight, but owing to my mini hols next Sunday, my CDC and i, scheduled my WI for Thursday night instead.
I stood on the scales this morning and . Only a loss of 1lb. Oh hell!!!!!
Shall blame this on TOTM and having moved up to 810, although i am still being 100% & only what the CD booklet instructs

Thanks for all your replies everyone! I was getting a bit worried about the "afterwards" last night and starting fretting about it!
i'm a member of a gym at the moment but it finishes at the end of december (not renewing too expensive!) and the scales there show me at 9st 5... ha ha... i wish!! someone has been tampering with it i think. Not sure i could do it in boots either too embarrassing! I think the clothes thing is probably my best option plus I have been measuring on a weekly basis so i'll keep to that maybe once a month. Do I continue to see my CDC regularly once on maintenance or is that my own decision to make?

I stood on the scales this morning and . Only a loss of 1lb. Oh hell!!!!!
Shall blame this on TOTM and having moved up to 810, although i am still being 100% & only what the CD booklet instructs.

Don't worry nibbles, you'll be fine!! what with totm and 810 your body is probably just adjusting and as you say you've been 100% so you should still lose this week!! i was 100% ss last week only lost 2lb but i am hoping the scales will catch up this week, definitely have lost inches anyway!!

xx

hey hon. i figure that once i'm at goal and i have gorgeous clothes that fit, i am never buying anything in a size bigger again (except when pregnant perhaps, ha) i can't believe that when my clothing was tight before, rather than eating less i bought the next size up!! it seems crazy to me but then we all must have done it. so that's my plan. i am an obsessive weigher too. but i think the fit of my clothes ha to be the clincher really...

abz xx

Back