I dont know what to do either?

yummymummynot

Hi all

Bit of advice needed from those of you further down the road than me. I have been on TFR for 1 month and lost 21lbs. My prob is I have a family wedding out of the country in less than 2 weeks time. I know you are all going to say dont eat at it but its a 3 day event and I rarely get to go anywhere with my hubbie and kids( money reasons) so I want to enjoy it. anyway I have made my mind up to have a few drinks ( not too much) and eat sensibly for the few days. Stick to salads and low fat if at all possible.

My dilemma is can I stay on TRF right up to the day before the wedding or do i have to refeed for the week before. My honest intention is to hop back on the TFR wagon on the day i return home. I actually hate breaking the diet but I know I am going to. I would prefer to do the TFR right up to the wedding but dont know if thats ok or not.

Thanks a million for any advice anyone can give. I know I am caving in for the few days so please dont be cross at me, I just want to do the least amount of damage!!!!

It sounds like you have decided to come off LT for the "do", you will need to do a re-feed for at least 4 - 5 days beforehand so that you don't regain too much glycogen. Stick to low carb, high protein foods, but if you are going to drink alcohol, then you really ought to come out of ketosis as it can be quite dangerous to drink whilst in ketosis.

Thanks Eclipse

Ya I have to admit I will come off it for the "do". Its just too hard not to. Anyway my weigh in day is wednesday so I better do the re feed for the week then. Will the refeed for the week take me out of ketosis. I will have some alcohol but will be very careful about it. i am definitely back on the wagon with TFR on the day I return home as am doing so well I really want to keep going.

Thanks

I think I would give it a full week on refeed to be on the safe side, I didn't drink alcohol until I was on maintenance but I have heard stories about people drinking too soon on refeed week and have ended up really sick. If you've got a full week (minimum) to refeed then do that.

I took a break at Easter, to be honest I did struggle to get back on TFR but I did and now I have reached goal and am happier than ever with my weight.

Hi Sian

Well done to you. You have fantastic losses. It must have changed your life.

Ya I have 9 days to be precise between my next weigh in (Wednesday) and the wedding. I feel like such a failure caving in and part of me really doesnt want to but I know my willpower will not be strong enough for the few days over there.

Was it really hard to go back on TFR following a few days break? in my head I am totally committed to jumping back on that wagon. All was worrying me was that I would gain a pile of weight over a few days. I hadnt actually thought about the difficulties I might face getting back on that wagon.

I have read loads of threads from people who went through weddings, birthdays, communions etc and didnt touch a thing. I am just not sure I am strong enough for that. I wish I was but I dont think I am.

My initial purpose in going on this diet was to look better at the wedding and not be the fat one in all the photographs. I normally spend the day avoiding the photographer and try to stand behind people in every photograph. I look a lot better now and want to be proud of myself on the day. No one except my hubby knows I am on this diet and I dont know how I could possibly explain not eating in front of people for the 3 days. I can drink soda water and pretend its vodka alright but I cant fake food!!!

Cheers for getting back to me

xx

When I took a break at Easter I really did it for family reasons and not for me as I was on LT when I visited my family in February and I was given a rough time over it then so I didn't want to get it in the neck when I visited at Easter so I broke the diet. It was slightly different for me as I wasn't that far off goal but like I said I did struggle to get back on TFR simply because I ate far far too much (plus I didn't do a proper refeed before hand). But I was determined to lose those last few pounds so I got back on TFR, then did 2 weeks of refeed and now maintaining.

I reckon if you follow the refeed sheet then I think your weight may stay the same or if your lucky you may even lose, you never know. Stay on the refeed forum and post your menu daily and that should keep you on track. My refeed menu is still on here so have a look at it if it helps, I've moved to maintenance now. Good luck.

Thanks Sian

Love your name by the way. I will check out your daily menu plan. I will let you know how I get on with it all. I have a bit of a way to go yet. I am down to 14 stone but am really aiming to get to around 12 stone or a little less as that puts me into a comfortable size 12 even a 10 sometimes ( depending where you buy). that would be enough for me I think as I am 5 7" almost 8" so I would be happy with that.

Thanks a million for the advice and for not giving out to me. I thought I would be ate alive for even broaching the subject of breaking the diet.

Ps the reason I didnt tell my family I am on it is because when I thought about doing it before my sister gave me an awful hard time - so I understand how you felt with your family

Again thanks

You have made up your mind to take a break. If you are thinking of having alcohol, do a proper refeed. Follow the refeed sheet. Alcohol will definitely take you out of ketosis.
Over the wedding try and make sensible food choices and limit alcohol. After all, when you finish TFR you will have to watch what you eat or you will regain, so consider the break a practice for life after tfr.
Following the wedding get straight back on tfr, do not delay. The longer the break the harder it will be to restart. You may be lucky and not do too much harm to your losses, everyone is different.
lots of luck.

Hi Irish Molly

Ya a break is a break whether I like it of not. Its just too hard over there for the few days. I had made my mind up earlier in the diet not to break it for the wedding and hols but having had a few social nights where I spent the night avoiding food and drink and making up all sorts of excuses I realise i just cant do that under the glare of my family for 3 solid days. So i have given in and decided to take the break for the few days. I will eat very sensibly. I plan to take the shakes with me for breakfast and lunch as i can avoid people for those meals. The dinners though I am stuck for. I plan to stay away from carbs. Alcohol I am not fully decided on. I would like to have a glass or two of wine but I am actually terrified of drinking so maybe I wont bother. Someone on the site gave me a tip of having soda water and telling everyone its vodka so no one would know.

Thanks for the advice. I feel really lousy caving in but I just know I would be so uncomfortable for the 3 days with everyone as they would be constantly at me as to why I am not eating. I have a very nasty sister who would berate me for doing this diet and she would do it publicly and I just couldnt handle that.

We fly back on Tuesday night. As luck would have it my weigh in day is Wednesday so I will be back on the wagon straight away.

Thanks again

Back