I Don't Know Why I Do It

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
After a good loss yesterday I was determined to be good this week. I have been hungry and I haven't felt too well these past two days but was still pushing myself to be 100%. Guess what I have just eaten? A FULL tin of Pek Chopped Pork :wave_cry:. I love it but I think there's about 650 cals in the whole tin. What a numpty:wave_cry:

Thank you Kezmetics70, you're right I can't change it, but I wish I hadn't done it. Hope I can shift it before Thursday :(

Mia well done on ur losses, ignore the blip. Ur so close to ur target now, ur stats are similar to mine I'm 11.9 now and same height as u, originally wanted to just get to 11stone but now I would like to be about 10.10. Getting really bored of this at the moment but have managed to stick to it for 6 weeks. Do u think the blip is about reaching goal at all? I'm starting to worry about how I'm going to keep this weight off when I finish ss. In many ways the diet is the easy part.
babs x

I so agree with you babs. I have got 9lb to go to goal but after that would like to lose another 7lb at least so as when I start eating again I will definatley put weight on so give me half a stone to play with with even me out (if that makes sense lol).

Have you lost 48lb in 6 weeks? :O If you have, that is absolutely fantastic. I am a slow loser and this is day 100 for me and I have only lost 37lb - not good. I have been 100% most of the time with a couple of planned meals and a couple of cheats - nothing major.

I am worrying too, its much easier to just stay on the diet with the 3 packs per day lol.

Mia I dont think it does us any harm to stray of the diet occasionally. I had a terrible week last week but a brilliant one this week. I found my resolve was a given a boost to lose weight this week by keeping on track. After all once we reach our goals we will have to learn deal with food. Just put yesterday down as a practice run for when you start eating again.

Thanks Susie. I am fine today and been to the gym for a run and 20 mins on the cross trainer. Hope that helps in getting rid of the Pek calories :D

In a wierd sort of way, I am actually dreading starting eating again. I was talking to my mams this afternoon and told her that this diet is just so simple, no dishes to wash, no cooking, no worrying what to buy etc. I think I will stay on it forever lol

Yes it is a worry. That's why I've decided to occasionally have something low carb to eat so that I can then prove to myself that I can control my eating by resuming the diet TS next day. Must say that this has been manageable this weekend as we had friends over last night & I had something small to nibble at & today I am fine with the diet so hopefully its working for me. I suppose in the end we all have to find what suits us as individuals in controlling & changing our eating habits x

Mia I completely agree with what you're saying! I've become terribly lazy. Well, I say lazy but I live alone, single with no kids (read: spinster) so the thought of actually having to COOK makes me think ughhhhhhhhh... No washing up (except bowl, whisk and spoon), no food shop hooray!!
I have found that Exante is taking away my passion for food, which sounds sad, but that's what got me in this chubby mess in the first place. That and lack of discipline.
Think when I reach goal I'll just start having about 7 packs a day, sorted :p

Hi Mia! Don't worry about the slip up - they only make us more determined!
I see you're going to Turkey this summer too - where are you going? I'm off to Bodrum for the 7th time this August :D
I just noticed the Turkish in your signature and I think it would sound better like "Hayallerimiz olmadan hiçbir şey değiliz".
I'm not an expert though - I'm just studying at the mo in Istanbul - Hopefully I'll be fluent one day!
I hope you don't mind me saying -Good luck with your weight loss! xx

Saddlebag - hahahaha 7 packs. I like Exante but dont think I could cope with 7 packs lol. Scary thought though food isn't it? Dont want to go back to my old ways and old weight.

Dohnuts - I am not expert either, far from it, and studied Turkish for 4 years. However, you have the advantage in that you live there. I have sent you a p.m.

Food is only scary as I don't seem to have any control over how much or what I eat! It's weird how a lot of people here are the same- our gluttony has got us here, so we completely cut out food and manage to control our eating to the extent of only eating powdered 'food' for months. Yet we can't have one biscuit, it has to be the whole pack?!

Exactly!!! I can't sit down to 'a' biscuit, you're right, its a whole packet hahahaha

I'm scared stiff to start eating. Once at goal I want to see what I look like and then if needed lose another 12lb to be 9st 9lb - 9st 13lb would do, I just want to see that 9 :). That way, when I start eating again, albeit diet foods on WW or SW, then I have spare weight to play with and eventually I will even out and maintain. That's the plan anyway x

I cooked a large chicken breast earlier for hubby's lunch tomorrow, I sniffed it, then cut off a tiny slice... In minutes the whole thing was GONE! I'm annoyed at myself. I know it's only chicken and a good choice but it was the lack of control and the huge guilt. Don't know why I did it! I was like a woman possessed. I honestly think it could of been anything and I'd of scoffed it do lucky it was a low carb :) xxx

Don't worry about it Slimsarah, the chicken will have done you no harm. I know what you mean about the control though, you feel disappointed in yourself, like you have let yourself down. Anyway, it could have been worse so just forget it and tomorrow is another day x

Mia I'm going to do the same. My goal is 10st7lbs but I'll try for a little under that. I'm worried about what people will say. I've not been that weight since I was 17 and I know people will say 'you're getting too thin', and I can't really be bothered with all that. Losing it so quickly too, some will say ooo she's not eating properly... Which is why I've chosen to tell people about Exante and explain that it's safe etc. bound to get comments though.

Sarah maybe the chicken will boost your metabolism and you'll lose more?! :D

I couldn't care less what anyone says to be honest. I know I look better thinner, I know I feel better thinner and that's all I care about. I was actually told by a girl in work last week that I look better fat :eek: - I said, you know, after 15 weeks without food that really is the kind of comment that makes it all worthwhile - NOT.

Some people play with the same 3lb, up, down, up, down whereas I play with the same 3 stone lol, so I have been thin, I'm thin every year at some point hahaha but this time I aim to STAY this way. I am 9lb to goal so having to really concentrate now on not picking, not being tempted to 'just have a little bit' etc. See what I look like at goal then lose the rest. My hols aren't until the end of August, so I have plenty of time.

Good luck and keep going and don't give a second thought to people's comments x

Ahh your attitude is fab Mia, I'm so envious. Although I'm only doing this for me, not a bloke, my family, friends or anyone else, I still worry about what they think. Last time I lost a considerable about of weight, I was down to about 11 stone from around 14 again. Someone in the pub who I barely know pulled me to one side and began to talk to me about eating disorders and sharing her experiences... It was really awkward... Obviously I wasn't anorexia thin! But because I lost it very quickly, people make their assumptions it seems! People hate change don't they? They don't like seeing the chubby girl in the background bettering herself. Well, tough tatties!! :D Good luck with your last 9, I have no doubt you'll succeed.

Saddlebag, you CAN have my attitude. See me, if someone I barely knew pulled me up in a pub and started lecturing me about eating disorders I'd only have 2 words to say to them and one of them would be 'off'.

Good luck to you too, you can do it becasue you have proven it - you've done it before, only this time make it the last time eh? x

I had it last week from a woman in work. Told me to slow down, don't go too mad. My bmi still classes me as obese. I'm hardly wasting away haha xxxx

Back