i don't like food anymore (none cd food mentioned)

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
hi all
i've started atkins today just while i go away and i had my first meal today i had 1 bacon and 1 beef sausage 1 egg and mushrooms and i had a bite of each and didn't enjoy it one bit ended up leaving it all and i'm stuffed. i had noticed i've gone of my chicken lately.
i nicked some chocolate earlier and it was horriable.
i think my taste buds have changed but i don't know what to eat.

That is somewhat of a dilemma! I wonder if it's the taste of the food that you aren't liking or if it is simply your mental adjustment to food that's affecting your attitude (and thus your tastebuds)? I've had a couple slipups recently where I've eaten a bit of ham and a bit of cheese, which I normally quite like, especially the cheese, and both were disappointments taste-wise.

Maybe once you're actually on holiday something will look appetising... could you take along some bars just in case though?

i guess i could take some bars. i'm gonna keep trying this food stuff lol. i do have a stinking cold though so it could be that.
i had a sweet omlette for breakie and that was ok not yummy but better than yesterday
thanks hun

Im leaving CD too. I'm off to calorie count and exercise. I'm not at my goal yet but its given me a huge boost and kickstart. I noticed when I had my smoothie this morning it tasted so sharpe and different. so weird.

Xx

I've not been on it for long, only 3 weeks. But I can't afford it anymore with being unemployed and I really want to start exercising! :) x

i'll be back to cd after my hols next week. i've been on cd 12 weeks. got chicken soup at the mo and thats lovely but its light and i think maybe the meats where to heavy for me just yet.
oh yeah my body probably does want carbs but its not getting it lol cause i don't want a gain while i'm away and it will make getting back on to cd easier.
i think maybe its cause i chose fatty meats that i didn't like it. tastes are strong but will keep trying.
thanks all

I think that it might be because you've been limited to CD food packs for the duration and because, by their very nature they are totally synthetic, and mostly sweet (very sweet!) which is also synthetic....
Meat is anything but sweet!!
Your taste buds will become accustomed to the very real taste of foods in a very short space of time, I promise!

In the meantime, stick with things with less strong flavours fish, turkey, chicken and pork are easier to start with.

Allypally is so right! Your appetite will return faster than you might like it to. After long periods on SS not only does your stomach shrink but your tastebuds have 'forgotten' what meat, sausages, etc taste like and so you don't fancy anything like that. Start with light foods - omelette is perfect - and maybe chop a little bit of ham into it, or add grated cheese, so you are getting more nourishing food into your body. You don't want to be one of the very few people in the world who starves on Atkins!

thanks had oppsies french toast today and omg that was gorgues. but it was sweet will try some oppsies and egg for lunch see if thats better

I was exactly the same when I had my weekend off I ordered things and left a lot of the food. I do think my stomach has shrunk but mentally I was feeling very naughty for eating food. I think Cd has shown me that I don't need a mountain of food to survive or rubbish. However I am feeling fed up of CD and want to start eating food again. SW is beckoning.

Back