i don't like food anymore (none cd food mentioned)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by tinkerbellsmum, 12 July 2011 Social URL.

1. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    hi all
    i've started atkins today just while i go away and i had my first meal today i had 1 bacon and 1 beef sausage 1 egg and mushrooms and i had a bite of each and didn't enjoy it one bit ended up leaving it all and i'm stuffed. i had noticed i've gone of my chicken lately.
    i nicked some chocolate earlier and it was horriable.
    i think my taste buds have changed but i don't know what to eat.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CheeseGirl

CheeseGirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    212.8lb
    Current Weight:
    204.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    142lb
    Lost(%):
    8.8lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    That is somewhat of a dilemma! I wonder if it's the taste of the food that you aren't liking or if it is simply your mental adjustment to food that's affecting your attitude (and thus your tastebuds)? I've had a couple slipups recently where I've eaten a bit of ham and a bit of cheese, which I normally quite like, especially the cheese, and both were disappointments taste-wise.

Maybe once you're actually on holiday something will look appetising... could you take along some bars just in case though?

4. tinkerbellsmum

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    i guess i could take some bars. i'm gonna keep trying this food stuff lol. i do have a stinking cold though so it could be that.
    i had a sweet omlette for breakie and that was ok not yummy but better than yesterday
    thanks hun

5. GagaOoLala

GagaOoLala Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Im leaving CD too. I'm off to calorie count and exercise. I'm not at my goal yet but its given me a huge boost and kickstart. I noticed when I had my smoothie this morning it tasted so sharpe and different. so weird.

Xx

6. Illa

Illa Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.18%)
    Diet:
    Mostly raw vegan
    good luck on your journeys out of CD ladies. Tinker maybe your body is craving other things than protein ?

7. nellybelle

nellybelle Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10.95%)
    Diet:
    Camridge Diet
    Good luck guys :) Its so odd that food doesnt taste so nice to you now after CD, how long have you seen on CD?

8. GagaOoLala

GagaOoLala Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I've not been on it for long, only 3 weeks. But I can't afford it anymore with being unemployed and I really want to start exercising! :) x

9. tinkerbellsmum

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    i'll be back to cd after my hols next week. i've been on cd 12 weeks. got chicken soup at the mo and thats lovely but its light and i think maybe the meats where to heavy for me just yet.
    oh yeah my body probably does want carbs but its not getting it lol cause i don't want a gain while i'm away and it will make getting back on to cd easier.
    i think maybe its cause i chose fatty meats that i didn't like it. tastes are strong but will keep trying.
    thanks all

10. alipally

alipally Serial Dieter!

Start Weight:
    118.3kg
    Current Weight:
    113.7kg
    Goal Weight:
    80kg
    Lost(%):
    4.6kg(3.87%)
    Diet:
    Optifast/cambridge
    I think that it might be because you've been limited to CD food packs for the duration and because, by their very nature they are totally synthetic, and mostly sweet (very sweet!) which is also synthetic....
    Meat is anything but sweet!!
    Your taste buds will become accustomed to the very real taste of foods in a very short space of time, I promise!

In the meantime, stick with things with less strong flavours fish, turkey, chicken and pork are easier to start with.

11. tinkerbellsmum

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
  12. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Allypally is so right! Your appetite will return faster than you might like it to. After long periods on SS not only does your stomach shrink but your tastebuds have 'forgotten' what meat, sausages, etc taste like and so you don't fancy anything like that. Start with light foods - omelette is perfect - and maybe chop a little bit of ham into it, or add grated cheese, so you are getting more nourishing food into your body. You don't want to be one of the very few people in the world who starves on Atkins!

13. tinkerbellsmum

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    thanks had oppsies french toast today and omg that was gorgues. but it was sweet will try some oppsies and egg for lunch see if thats better

14. flab fighter

flab fighter The fat is melting away!

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(16.07%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was exactly the same when I had my weekend off I ordered things and left a lot of the food. I do think my stomach has shrunk but mentally I was feeling very naughty for eating food. I think Cd has shown me that I don't need a mountain of food to survive or rubbish. However I am feeling fed up of CD and want to start eating food again. SW is beckoning.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.