I don't think I can do this. (contains reference to food, sorry.)

Slinky_Malinky

That pesky stone crept back.
I'm feeling very low and sat here on the edge of tears. I don't think I can do this. I'm wondering if instead of dialling something unmentionable I should have something, like a boiled egg and some peas and cucumber.

I feel so bloody pathetic. :tear_drop:

Awww Slinky, don't worry, all of us have low times. It's a big change to come off food altogether. I always keep some low carb things in the fridge in case I have a day when I need to eat something other than packs.
You could also consider working solution, so that each day you plan a low carb meal.
If you're really struggling with it, you might want to think about one of the more conventional diets, that lets you choose the food to eat.
If you can, I would go with the low carb thing tonight and then see how you feel in the morning.
Don't beat yourself up about it, just see how you get on tonight (and at least you didn't dial the unmentionable straightaway!)
Take care of yourself, and do something nice to help you relax. Maybe a nice bath, or paint your nails,
Good luck xx

Reactions: kae
Stop putting yourself under so much pressure - no diet is worth that!

Try something like tuna salad - a good choice instead of the dailing of the *&$%

:hug99:

xxx

Slinky I couldnt do Exante 100%, I caved after 4 days. But I still find the exante shakes a very useful part of my diet plan, especially for breakfast if im pushed for time. They are still good to include in a diet as you know that you will get a third of your days nutrition from each one.

If you are keen to go low carb, and get into ketosis, then the exante shakes can really help with that without going the 100% route.

Maybe you could start each day with them, see how far you get and then include a low carb meal to get over any hurdles. You might find after a couple weeks that you will be able to go the 100% route if you ease yourself into it.

Certainly having some salad and a boiled egg or some other protein will help get you and keep you in ketosis. I found that when I had 1 exante a day and protein and salad for my meals I was in deep purple ketosis.

It doesnt have to be all or nothing, there is a middle way that will still give you excellent fast results. You just need to work out what you really want.

...........I can really relate to what you are saying slinky and only you can decide what you want to do but what I would say is if you can just get past tonight by tomorrow you will probably feel much better about it all and if not then you can look at some other options. All is not lost just because Exante or any other VLCD is not for you. It is not the best time to decide though on what you want to do when you are feeling as low as you are right now. I wish you luck in whatever you decide xx

Reactions: kae
Thanks for the kind posts guys. i'm blubbing now. Cybill, you are such an inspiration with your weightloss, and I love your balloons, and it's just made me think I am going to have to pull some more strength out of the bag from somewhere. It's not even been a week. I need to do this for me. I'll feel awful in the morning if I give in to the carbs. I always feel fine in the morning, it's the evenings that are the killer. I've not even put the kids to bed properly but let them watch a video in my room, I just feel like I can't face doing anything... :(

I read somewhere about carb blockers? Maybe that would help? Only if low carb is the way you want to go. I'm sure someone will be able to give you more info if you're interested

xx

Hugs hunnie, only you know if you can do it, take yourself off and have a nice hot bath that might make you feel better.

awww Slinky I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling.There's a lot of sound advice already been given to you, but if you're not keen to follow it can you try to distract yourself for a little while til this passes?.....Tomorrow is another day xxx

Sorry you're feeling so down. You must be a stronger character than I am, because I'd have dived straight into the biscuit tin by now!

Why does food always seem to be the only answer to our problems? I am always "falling off the wagon" and then am so cross with myself.

Be kind to yourself and eat something if it makes you feel happier. If you do, you haven't "failed"; it's just one day that's gone a bit awry.

I can vouch that there's always another day to diet! :)

When I started Lighter Life a few years ago I had quite a few days like that. I decided to buy some nice new nail varnishes, and when I wanted to eat something I'd repaint my nails. I then wouldn't be able to eat anything for a little while, because of painting and then letting the varnish dry. By the time I'd done that I was never still craving the food anyway. A silly thing, I know, but it worked for me at the time.
Good luck xxxx

Hi sorry it's not gonna help tonight but I have got some cambridge water flavouring which I make into ice lollies and I munch on these every night along with a hot cup of veg stock - really does make a difference

Hope this helps
Tx

Hang in there!!!Some days I literally take it hour by hour, even 10 minutes at a time.

Slinky, poor you Hun :( (hugs)
I think its almost a grieving process to say goodbye to food. How you feel matters so you've really got to take care to nurture yourself through......
Carb addiction is a serious matter.
Look how hard detox is for alcoholics/substance users..... It's no wonder you feel like caving in.
But your here your asking for help and we're listening.
Be kind to yourself Hun. Only you know what you want deep inside xxx

hey slinky, get busy, take your mind of it, as you say things are always more difficult at night, we have add a meal every five weeks so having a boiled egg or something sensible is just a tiny bit of that, it wouldn't matter just to take the edge off it. It's great that you're thinking what wouldn't matter to scoff rather than going mental in the fridge xx you'll be ok, wait till the morning x

Thanks everyone. I'm a bit calmer now. It's weird how the craving is so full on in the evenings. And weird how strong it is. I did boil an egg and then had two mugs of swiss bouillon, and then 20 mins later had a hot banana shake with cinnamon, and now I'm feeling a lot better. I'm sitting through all the TV I planned to watch earlier, and thinking how lucky I am not to live on Albert Square, be married to John Stape and that I don't have to push out either of my two babies ever again. (Watching One Born Every Minute at the moment, will probably shed a little happy tear at the end, as usual.) I am a wimp with pain as well as hunger Hopefully said babies (now grubby kids) are sleeping soundly upstairs, lol!

Slinky I know how hard this can be and you are doing so well, I did complete TFR last aug/sept and took 2 stone off but then for a number of reasons (all excuses ;-)) I came off the diet but maintained until now and this second time round, TFR has just not agreed with me at all - iv found it so so difficult. Soooo I'm doing the working solution - so a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and a small meal in the evening (chicken breast and green/White veg or tuna steak with salad etc) It's low calories still and gets you into ketosis and now the not eating in the day is easy because I know I have a small meal to look forward to in the evening. Then before I go to bed I have my other shake! Yum

It's worth looking at - even if you only do it on days like this xx working solutions still has expectations of 10Ib losses a month - I'm on day 3 of working solutions and already 4Ib down

Hang in there - the dieting should improve your life long term, not ruin it in the short term - do what feels manageable and what is sustainable for you. I hated TfR last week, and this week im loving it - all because of that small meal in the evenings

Hope that helps xxxx good luck and keep coming here for inspiration x

Hiya hun!

Im in my first week too! I Find the evening a killer esp after you have to cook for the kids an the aroma lingers all night!

Im soo pleased you didnt cave in! I went to see if we had any meat in the fridge ( just to look you see ;) ) and I had a coke zero with ice! It was far more satisfying than eating an I feel really good bout it!

If u fancy a diet buddy then im always here

well done an keep up the good work!

Love Katie

xxxx

Well done for getting through the evening Slinky, its so hard you deserve a big pat on the back! Tomorrow is a new day and you will be fired up for it!

Back