I don't think SW is working :( So upset.

We'd all love to lose faster, but that's simply not how it works - big congrats on losing a whole POUND of nasty unwanted fat in just one week!!!

1lb off. I am pleased, but I can't help wish for more too! I think I'm setting my expectations too high.

Thanks for asking :D

Hey another 1lb off is great xx slow and steady wins the race xx i lost 0.5lb a week over xmas but was thrilled coz it was still a loss lol xx u will be at target in no time xx

When you put your figures into the nhs bmi calculator, they come out at 22.8, which is right bang on for healthy weight. Every single pound you lose at this weight is going to be gut wrenchingly hard, quite simply because there is nothing else to lose.

I too have lost loads of weight, nine stone, and from that i know it takes a long time for your mind to catch up with how you actually look. You look in the mirror and see wobbly bits, a fat face, a large tummy, a sticking out bum. Even when theyve mostly gone, you still see them. Your mind lies to you. You dont see the person you are, you see the person you used to be.

well done flossyxo! As others have said, a 1lb lost is a 1lb lost!

I lost a 1lb this week too and was disappointed until I was reminded to look up what 1lb of fat looks like :) then I was just happy it was gone lol

well done flossyxo! As others have said, a 1lb lost is a 1lb lost!

I lost a 1lb this week too and was disappointed until I was reminded to look up what 1lb of fat looks like :) then I was just happy it was gone lol

I just hope i lose this week xx had a few bad days and stepped on scales today and managed to get to what i weighed last week but a loss tomorrow would still be nice :)

fingers crossed :)

I hope your last weigh in went well :) I'm about the same height as you (shorter by half an inch, but what's half an inch between friends?! xD). I got to target for my sister's wedding in 2013, but then had a huge gap between last August and 2 weeks ago during which I gained 10lb :/ I just wanted to post here to say that little losses are still losses - getting to target initially, I typically lost 1/2 or 1 per week, even though I stuck to plan and wasn't using anywhere near my full syn allowance. It can be really disheartening when others seem to lose faster, but think 'hare and tortoise' - the tortoise gets there in the end ;)

I hope your last weigh in went well :) I'm about the same height as you (shorter by half an inch, but what's half an inch between friends?! xD). I got to target for my sister's wedding in 2013, but then had a huge gap between last August and 2 weeks ago during which I gained 10lb :/ I just wanted to post here to say that little losses are still losses - getting to target initially, I typically lost 1/2 or 1 per week, even though I stuck to plan and wasn't using anywhere near my full syn allowance. It can be really disheartening when others seem to lose faster, but think 'hare and tortoise' - the tortoise gets there in the end ;)

Very true :) to be fair I am happy(ish lol) with my weight, I just want to be at target so bad for my own peace of mind but if anyone had said to me 2 years ago that I'd weigh this by now I'd have grabbed it! x

Very true :) to be fair I am happy(ish lol) with my weight, I just want to be at target so bad for my own peace of mind but if anyone had said to me 2 years ago that I'd weigh this by now I'd have grabbed it! x

Sometimes I feel we can too hung up on what the scales read. If you didn't know your weight, would you be happy with how you look and how your clothes fit? The numbers on the scales are just that....numbers!
Losing the last few pounds is always hard and to be honest, you probably won't look or feel any different to how you do now, you will just feel 'satisfied' that you have reached your goal.
Be proud of what you have achieved now and try not to try too hard to lose the last few pounds, that can hinder losses in itself. I have seen so many people call target above their initial goal because the last few pounds are painstakingly slow, only to find that when the pressure is off, they gradually lose the last few lbs!
Good Luck

Thanks lentil2 :)

I have actually given this a lot of thought today. As you can see from my original post, I am really determined to get to target but I also know how much pressure I put on myself and how upset I get about it (you can see how upset I was in the original post!) and I don't know if slimming world group is helping me..

I mean, I lost 8 stone by myself. I had no help from anyone and there was no such pressure of a weekly weigh in and so on. I feel that at the moment, I am putting pressure on myself to lose the weight in a sense that is making me unhappy and revolving my life around food and what I can eat. Part of me is happy with my weight as I Know that I aren't fat, but the other part desperately wants to lose weight.

It is becoming an obsession, almost an addiction.

What do you guys think is best? Sticking at group or going alone from home? I really don't know what to do and I want to create a healthy relationship with food rather than being afraid of eating in case I gain a lb.

good luck with your journey xxx

Congratulations on your loss so far! Keep at it - a loss is a loss and all in the right direction :) Good luck xx

Thank you naenae :)

Just wondering how you lost the weight when you were going it alone flossyxo? :)

Hey I basically just cut all junk from my diet. I don't know how I did it to be honest, I could never be that strict now lol! But I've kept it all off and will never ever go back to my old ways! I basically just ate healthy, cut down my calories and fats and walked everywhere x

Back