I don't understand the fat bit...

MaxieP

...Not of me, but of Atkins. When I read what people are eating and discussing (cheese stalling them) I don't understand where people consume fat? If you eat boiled eggs for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch and meat and steamed greens for dinner, how are you eating enough fat? And why does cheese stall some people, I thought fat was good...

Have not yet started Atkins, finishing Cambridge first, just trying to get my head around it in preparation!

Thanks,

Maxie x

Atkins said you need to eat fat to burn fat Maxie,

Cheese is funny, it stalls some people, myself included but not others.

I eat fatty meat, I learned during Atkins induction NOT to trim the fat off my meat.

i cook my greens in oil or butter. Mayonnaise has fat in. I thinkg Girlygirl is the best to answer as she is veggie too and great!

You add butter, mayo, oil etc to veggies and salads. You fry in good quality nut oil or similar. You have cream in tea/coffee. You eat nuts. You eat the recommended amount of cheese and no more (it may NOT stall you, personally).

Just a few ways to add fat!

Oops posted that reply before I spotted yours, Vicky!

So much of Atkins is individual trial and error. Most things work for most people but there are always exceptions.

Ah, didn't realise you were veggie love, yes, as Vicky says, Girly is a veggie.

I find cheddar stalls me but other cheese don't, just as well as I have developed a great love of goats cheese!

LOL, I think I prefer the original avatar Linzi.

Back