I don't want my periods back

Squee

Sounds strange, but I've always hated periods. Back before they went down to one a year and I was diagnosed with PCOS, they were incredibly heavy. I had to throw out mattresses! They never hurt, but they were a constant pain.
I suppose I'm lucky - I don't have a partner (never had one actually) and I'm not bothered about children, so periods are only a messy pain in the backside for me.
While I still find it utterly strange that I don't have them, I'm also quite pleased they've gone!

Anyone else feel this way?

YES! Mine were usually excruciatingly painful/messy or both and I did not shed a tear when they all but disappeared. Surprisingly now that they've come back (naturally with a bit of weight loss tho I did have to take tablets over the last year or so to induce one every 3 months) they are super light with virtually no discomfort.

It could be that once measures are taken to treat your PCOS they'll calm down a lot when they eventually return. I have to say though even with light ones I couldn't care less if I never had another!

i dont have PCOS, but i saw the title on the main site.

i hate having periods, they are agony. ill be in tears not being able to go to work because of them. they come on every two weeks now, very heavy and painful. its nasty.

i have the implant in my arm and its not helped at all, if anything im having more now

gina_b said:
i dont have PCOS, but i saw the title on the main site.

Have you been told by the doctor you haven't? I have pcos and get periods in all sorts of combinations, from every 2 Weeks to once every 6 months, the pill just made it worse

Might be an idea to get checked out - my doctor reckons I've had PCOS long before my periods stopped.

ive not been checked no...

I was digonosed with pcos when i was about 17 (im now 28) my periods used to be like every 6 months but when i was about 19-20 i lost about 4 stone and that made my periods become regular . i hvae had my periods every month since then and 4 years ago i had my lil boy (took me and my partener about 7 months for me to get pregnant) only in the last 2 years i now have painless periods (before my yummy hurt alot and had heavey periods and now there medium flow.

x

I know I'm late responding to this, but, I often felt the same way myself, until I spoke to my gynae - he said that if you have less than 4 periods a year, your bones will start becoming weaker and more brittle. In this instance I believe the doctor usually prescribe progesterone to bring on an artificial period, which will help with the potential bone problems.

I felt the same.

Was told had PCOS when I was 16 and hated my periods as was so heavy and painful. Then a gained a lot of weight when my dad died in 2001 and my periods stopped in 2003 and was over the moon.

Was hating the idea in 2008 that with weight loss they would start, but they came back not too bad. Then gained weight again to the point where they stopped again in Nov 2011 but lost 5lbs and they started again this month and was not to bad.

Dee

I have PCOS and had ridiculous problems with my cycle.

Many miscarriages, ectopic pregnancy. Weirdly when I was was put on the Myrena Coil (Coil with slow release hormone) my periods and all the pain stopped within a couple of years (plus the bonus that it is only changed every 5 years!!!)

Good luck ladies!!!

Everyone says that I must love the fact that I rarely have a period, but the longer I go without one, the weirder I feel... I hate having a period but I kind of feel like my femininity is being diminished without them... Is that stupid?!

Everyone says that I must love the fact that I rarely have a period, but the longer I go without one, the weirder I feel... I hate having a period but I kind of feel like my femininity is being diminished without them... Is that stupid?!

Not at all!!! I did think like that originally.... but believe me, there isn't much more of a girlier girl than me!!! (she says in her flowery tea dress and pretty heals with bows!!!! ;)

I hate periods, or "the blob" as I call it. Was diagnosed in April last year after being admitted to hospital with what was originally thought as an appendicitis. Turned out to be a large cyst on my right ovary. When they did a scan on me they found lots of smaller cysts on my left ovary. I have the mirena coil, this is my second.

With the first coil I had no blob whatsoever. It was wonderful as before I was spending nearly £20 a month on sanny protection!!

When they fitted my second coil, they couldn't get it in. I had to have 5 injections of local anaesthetic into my cervix. (yeeeeowch!) then the doctor forced the thing in. Again I put on weight. Moreover I started bleeding again. After fitting I bled for 3 weeks, then it stopped. The blob has been a bugger ever since as I have them between 1 a week, one every fortnight then sometimes I can go 2-3months with none at all. I get more "shows" than actual blob, but then I can just "start" without symptoms. Sometimes I get bad BAD PMS, I'm a total cow to live with when this happens. I feel sorry for my poor hubby!!

Anyone else going thru this misery??

Kate

Sounds strange, but I've always hated periods. Back before they went down to one a year and I was diagnosed with PCOS, they were incredibly heavy. I had to throw out mattresses! They never hurt, but they were a constant pain.
I suppose I'm lucky - I don't have a partner (never had one actually) and I'm not bothered about children, so periods are only a messy pain in the backside for me.
While I still find it utterly strange that I don't have them, I'm also quite pleased they've gone!

Anyone else feel this way?

I feel very similar but have not been diagnosed with PCOS. I just really really hate periods. I am similar, never really had a partner and its too late for kids now. If I could have a hysterectomy I would not hesitate. Some people might say that its taking away your womanhood or feminity but I don't think that is really true and if so a small price to pay for a life of not worrying about pain, discomfort, leaking, embarrassment, expense etc etc

Back