I feel awful - toilet probs

Catty212

I will have been on SS for three weeks, as of tomorrow, but the last 4 days have been awful, with erm toilet problems. I have taken 4 Senna tablets and when they didn't work I took Lactalose liquid and I still can't 'go'. I think Im going to explode, any other ideas - so sorry for the not so nice subject.

Hi dont be sorry i think we have all suffered at some point in the diet with this i must say water is the key well it is for me so firstly make sure your drinking enough and speading it throughout the day i usually find senna helps but if this doesnt do the trick maybe try some dulcolax be aware though this appears to be pretty strong stuff and i only use it when its nessesary and only take one hope this helps and your feeling better soon x

Thank you! I'll have and have try and get some of that tomorrow, I'm getting desperate now, and it's driving me mad, it's annoing because I've felt greeat up until now.

Oh dear Catty. Poor you :(

Best not to use ducolax as it's too strong when you are on a VLCD. Also fibre89 shouldn't be taken for constipation as it can make it worse.

The glycerin suppositories can help along with sennakot.

when you've cleared out, use the fibre89 or fibresure to prevent it happening again :hug99:

Are you far from your CDC? would you be able to see her before your app if you need to get some fibre89?

No. I won't have the time during the week. I'm just going to have to try and drink lots more water and hope that helps. The senna and Lactalose hasn't so far, and I really dont want to take too much incase I have an problem at work :( What a faff haha

Oh dear Catty. Poor you :(

Best not to use ducolax as it's too strong when you are on a VLCD. Also fibre89 shouldn't be taken for constipation as it can make it worse.

The glycerin suppositories can help along with sennakot.

when you've cleared out, use the fibre89 or fibresure to prevent it happening again :hug99:

Cheers, I'll definately be getting some Fibre89 on Saturday!

Cheers, I'll definately be getting some Fibre89 on Saturday!

Good, but as mentioned in my post before, please don't use it for constipation. It really will make it worse.:(

It's not a laxative. Try the glycerin supps with sennakot first.

oops sorry for the dolcolax recommendation i didnt realise this wasnt aloud although i understand why not. Just keep going with the water though it really does make the world of difference and try not to ease up on the water once the prolem resolves this is the mistake i always make and then its back to square one again. best of luck hun x

oops sorry for the dolcolax recommendation i didnt realise this wasnt aloud although i understand why not.

No problem. Lots of people recommend it, because it does work well. Just a bit too strong for a VLCD so isn't recommended on Cambridge...sigh.

I had probs when I first started having the bars. I took Dulco Ease and have a glass of Andrews Salts everyday and have no problems now.

Hiya

Afet my first week on SS i had a colonic. The lady doing the treatment sees loads of people on CD and LL due to this problem and suggested I add 2 teaspoons of linseed to my porridge in the morning. Has been working well so far. She also recommended going to see her once i've completed the diet, to clear any old material (gross I know). Maybe it'll help if you do the same?

She also warned me against laxatives etc explaining how they work by irritating your bowel, which works but if you use them too much or are sensitive they can prevent the muscle in your bowels working.... well it's not a nice result :)

take care x

She also warned me against laxatives etc explaining how they work by irritating your bowel, which works but if you use them too much or are sensitive they can prevent the muscle in your bowels working.... well it's not a nice result :)

take care x

Yes, that's very true. You shouldn't take laxatives regularly. Absolutely fine occasionally. On the other hand products that are preventatives, such as psyllium husks, fibre 89, fibresure etc need to be taken regularly (like with a couple of shakes a day), and are perfectly safe as they work in a different way :)

Hi all. I am still having problems and I feel awful. I have used 3 glycerin supps and have 'passed' but I still have a large blockage. Im not sure what to do. My CDC said to pop and see my GP, but I finished work late and I wont be able to go tomorrow and im not sure what he'd do other than another supp. I have sat for the last hour crying, it's killing me. I have drank loads of water and don't know what else to try. Sorry to sound so dramatic, the worst part is, today at work has been awful but I now have to go out to college.

Last edited:
Hi all. I am still having problems and I feel awful. I have used 3 glycerin supps and have 'passed' but I still have a large blockage. Im not sure what to do. My CDC said to pop and see my GP, but I finished work late and I wont be able to go tomorrow and im not sure what he'd do other than another supp. I have sat for the last hour crying, it's killing me. I have drank loads of water and don't know what else to try. Sorry to sound so dramatic, the worst part is, today at work has been awful but I now have to go out to college.

Hello

I had a couple of days of this couple of weeks ago and water shifted it when nothing else would. 2 pints later it was gone.

Also the other thing not recommended yet is making sure your knees are higher than you hip level. So when you go if you have a small step to put your feet on it should help. Apparently this is why Europeans dont get consitpation a lot as their loos are closer to the floor (like children school ones).

Sounds mad but worth a try after you downed couple pints of water.

Back