I feel gutted and confused

Kayee

Silver Member
well I went to the doctors on Friday because my ear infection came back and while i was there i thought i would ask to get weighed and get my next pack of orlistat (still got a weeks and a half worth but thought while i was there i wud get my nxt batch) anyway he weighed me on the scales and it came up with 111kg. he told me well done and that i lost 2kg . but silly me thought i wud get myself weighed in boots in town yesterday and when i did it said i was 113kg. im so upset what is going on? i spoke to my mum and she said the doctors scales would be more accurate but been tossing and turning all night and feel really confused. Ive been eating 1000 calories a day so i wouldnt see why i wouldnt of lost any weight. oh i got my next pack of orlistat and it was in a new package. the manfactuaring name is TEVA . had a look on the internet and now apparently teva are now doing orlistat apparently its cheaper compared the the company xenical. think xenical cost around £50 a packet and teva pack cost around £27 .... sorry for moaning everyone xx

All scales are different. It's not worth a sleepless night over. You've lost loads already. Maybe stick with the one set of scales?

yea im just sticking to my doctors weighing scales from now on and not going to weigh myself till a months time till i see the doctors. I may have lost a bit of weight but i still have a long way to go .

thanks hon just having a down day . probley cos of the lack of sleep . just gotta keep at it . it's my own fault really. i shouldnt of weighed myself again. serves me right

Kayee sweetheart one set of scales can be massively different! And personally I don't think 1000 calories is enough. I was a similar weight to you when I started & I tried the 1000 calories a week for 2 weeks & only lost 1lb, went up to 1300 & lost 7ls over the next 2 weeks. You're risking putting your body in to starvation mode, try upping your calories please... I know what you're thinking but it won't stop you losing unless you're eating the extra calories in chocolate or something like that. Massive supportive hugs xx

thanks lexie hun Im just confused on what i weigh in the first place. docs scales say 111kg and boots say 113kg. and if boots is right then ive only lost 1 pound. i eat about 1000 calories and last week had about 1200. is it possible i might not lose anymore weight ever again? thats what im scared of. got tears in my eyes now :( xx

Kayee said:
thanks lexie hun Im just confused on what i weigh in the first place. docs scales say 111kg and boots say 113kg. and if boots is right then ive only lost 1 pound. i eat about 1000 calories and last week had about 1200. is it possible i might not lose anymore weight ever again? thats what im scared of. got tears in my eyes now :( xx

Of course you will lose honey, stick to 1200 a day which is the lowest mfp will ever put someone on & try & exercise 3 times a week. One thing I found was that my body is used to the walking i do every day so I need to either walk further or faster for it to seem to do any good. Come on girl you can do this xx

Of course you will lose honey, stick to 1200 a day which is the lowest mfp will ever put someone on & try & exercise 3 times a week. One thing I found was that my body is used to the walking i do every day so I need to either walk further or faster for it to seem to do any good. Come on girl you can do this xx

I think thats why i couldnt sleep i got into my head that i wont lose anymore weight but thanks for your supporting messages lexie. im going to have 1200 calories . can u suggest a menu . what wud u have on a normal day? xx

I don't know how you can do 1000 calories. I think I'd faint! I'm on just under 1500. I eat between 1200-1500 most days. Lexies right about your body might go into starvation mode, then it's nearly impossible to shift the pounds. You've lost so much already, and the Dr's scales confirm this. There's some lovely recipies in the stickies.

I don't know how you can do 1000 calories. I think I'd faint! I'm on just under 1500. I eat between 1200-1500 most days. Lexies right about your body might go into starvation mode, then it's nearly impossible to shift the pounds. You've lost so much already, and the Dr's scales confirm this. There's some lovely recipies in the stickies.

I tried doing 800 calories but that got me no where except give me bad headaches. so i wouldnt go as low as that again. yea im gonna up my calories to 1200 and im starting to write everything down that i eat and add up all my calories . x

Kayee said:
well I went to the doctors on Friday because my ear infection came back and while i was there i thought i would ask to get weighed and get my next pack of orlistat (still got a weeks and a half worth but thought while i was there i wud get my nxt batch) anyway he weighed me on the scales and it came up with 111kg. he told me well done and that i lost 2kg . but silly me thought i wud get myself weighed in boots in town yesterday and when i did it said i was 113kg. im so upset what is going on? i spoke to my mum and she said the doctors scales would be more accurate but been tossing and turning all night and feel really confused. Ive been eating 1000 calories a day so i wouldnt see why i wouldnt of lost any weight. oh i got my next pack of orlistat and it was in a new package. the manfactuaring name is TEVA . had a look on the internet and now apparently teva are now doing orlistat apparently its cheaper compared the the company xenical. think xenical cost around £50 a packet and teva pack cost around £27 .... sorry for moaning everyone xx

if I were you I'd take your doctors scales as "god"... and when you get home from your weigh in hop on you scales and adjust them to the same weight, that way you'll never get any surprises!..
Oh calorie counting must be fantastic!.. uuuurgh
know you have to keep a handle on things to a certain extent, but omg what a long and happy journey calorie counting must be!!.. eeeeeek .. lol

if I were you I'd take your doctors scales as "god"... and when you get home from your weigh in hop on you scales and adjust them to the same weight, that way you'll never get any surprises!..
Oh calorie counting must be fantastic!.. uuuurgh
know you have to keep a handle on things to a certain extent, but omg what a long and happy journey calorie counting must be!!.. eeeeeek .. lol

haha that made me smile sammy. i might just have to do that loooool!

yea calorie counting. oh how fun lol xx

Kayee do you not use my fitness pal?

Typical day menu for me, I will do last Monday for you which was 1269 calories & 18g of fat

Breakfast was 3 turkey rashers in 2 slices of bread with 1tbsp pickle
Lunch was a Ham salad sandwich with 25g giant pretzels
Tea was 250g potatoes, parsnip & carrot sprayed with frylight & baked, with sprouts, cauli, brocolli & 125g wild salmon
Banana for a snack

To be honest I don't normally have 4 slices of bread a day, try & stay to 3 but sometimes it happens!

Xx

Last edited:
Back