I feel like Giving up already :(

jessthecat

It's only my second week and I lost 5.5lb in the first week and I was over the moon!! This week ive done the same (Im doing extra easy) and included some exercise this week too and lost nothing STS!! I just don't understand it :( just not sure if it worth it,going with out and feeling a little hungry is fine if you lose weight but to do that and STS.....Just not sure.

the same happened to me and i fell off the wagon and now I am struggling to jump back on it............ if you can don't lose heart, remember slowly is best, the first week is a good loss but is mostly water..... i would say take your time give it another week and see what your next WI brings..... don't go off track like me this is a good plan and it really works..... i bet by next week you will see the difference.... my husband always says give it 6 weeks to tell if it works for you. what day is your WI?? xx

just not sure if it worth it,going with out and feeling a little hungry is fine if you lose weight but to do that and STS.....Just not sure.

Why are you going without and feeling hungry?

Don't give up! You had a fantastic first week but really can't expect to have such a loss every week.
My first week I lost four pounds and the next two weeks I STS despite sticking to the plan 100%. Yes, it can be disheartening, but the weight will come off.
You really need to give it a go, and get used to the eating plan, as SW is not a quick fix diet but eating for life.
You also mention that you are a little hungry. If you follow SW you should never be hungry. Fill up of free and super free foods.
Good luck!

Ive Not been having many synes as Im a stay at home mum and thought as I don't work,I should have less,it worked to first week just not now.....

You should not be feeling hungry. Eat some free or superfree food whenever you are hungry. I snack on fruit & have a mullerlight yoghurt once a day. My main meal is always very filling. Stick with it, next week will be a loss I bet.

Have your syns, otherwise you will feel deprived & not stick to it. I am on maternity leave but looking after kids is hard work!!

Ive Not been having many synes as Im a stay at home mum and thought as I don't work,I should have less,it worked to first week just not now.....

You need to have your syns and your Hexs as well as the free food, no matter what you do.
You would have lost the first week as it is mainly water, but after that the norm is 1 - 2 pounds a week, if you follow the plan.

hun u shouldn't be feeling hungry eat when u r hungry if u don't eat u could effect your weightloss plus u r more likely to snack on rubbish.
sw is a life plan hun u have to eat this way for the rest of your life if u want to keep the weight off so u need to make sw comftable and enjoyable and something u can stick to for life theres no race to the finish if u eat what makes u feel satified but only lose 1lb a week thats ok cause its better than going without and giving up and putting it back on and it happens all the time i've done it loads.
u need to be having your syns hun esp this early on in your weightloss don't under estimate how much energy being a mum takes.
your first week loss hun is cause u had a big drop in calories but your sts could be fore any number of reasons but more than likely because u aren't getting enough calories.

Its hard not to eat what my kids eat they are 3 and 4 and their cheesy pasta and tomatoe sauce was calling me yesterday but i resisted! Maybe I don't eat enought im not sure really,I just want it to be more constent, I have a lot to lose ,I would be happy just to of lose 0.5 but nothing! have to see what happens next week I suppose,you lot are very supportive and I will try another week and see what happens x x

I'm a stay at home mum too! Regardless of what you do you need to follow the plan 100%, and to be totally honest I bet you are doing more excercise than someone sat at a desk all day! I know picking up and putting down a child can happen like a million times a day, and that burns calories!!! As does changing nappies getting food for them, playing with them etc, etc!

Eat when you are hungry, and do definately have your syns! Get into a low-fat way of life and you will also be doing your children a favour too because they will think of it as totally normal when they are older and are less likely to have the battle with food that alot of us face now. I really don't want my children to have that same relationship, and struggle with their weight as they grow up. teach them young and it will stick with them for life (hopefully!!! ;))

cook the children the same meals as u my kids love slimming world food
also i bet if u ask on the recipe board they can tell u how to make a cheesy pasta u can have to.
with sw nothing is off limits we just make it our selves

I am at home too.... the hardest thing is not eating my 1 year olds left over lunch.... cause i love pasta I just cook pasta and nibble on that..... x x
If you are eating your child's left overs then I would suggest you give them smaller portions so that there is none left over

Another thing to consider is that you've been doing exercise so you may be gaining muscle, so don't always go by what the scale says.
Make sure to measure yourself after every 4 weeks and I'm sure you'll see a difference.
Also don't be too harsh on yourself with regards to what you are eating otherwise you will throw in the towel too early.
I noticed that some weeks that I ate less, I ended up losing less too.
Some good advice above about using your SuperFree foods and also try to have some that speed up your metabolism (SS).
Good luck!

Back