I feel like I'm caving :(

Got on the scales and am UP 1.5 lbs from my mid week weigh in and ive only lost 1 lb over the week. 1 lb!

I'm fed up, im hungry, i mean for a one pound loss i may as well been doing weight watchers and been eating all the stuff i like.

I'm sick of making the kids lovely foods and not being able to have even a nibble.

If i had a 3 or 4 lb loss then i an handle it, but one lb?

seriously sad.

I really wanted to be 11 stone 13 this week and am still 12. 2.5 :(

If you stick to the programme the weight will come off. But it won't come off in the exact amounts you want at the exact point you want it. Setting yourself a weekly goal is an easy way to get demotivated and give you a reason to stop. Our weight loss depends on so many things other than fat loss, especially water retention. The best thing to do is to look at the previous 4 weeks and the average you have achieved - that has always been a good approach for me. I have lost far more weight on a VLCD than I could ever have done on WW or SW. It isn't about 'only' 1 lb this week but consistent weight loss week after week - which you don't get on the others.

It's also worth looking at why you want to eat. Why are you unhappy that you can't eat what others are eating? What is it about eating that food which you like? What emotions do you feel when you eat that food? Is it a coping mechanism for feelings of contentment/stress/depression/frustration? What other coping mechanism could you try? The fact that you have such strong emotions regarding not having that food does indicate that you are using it as a coping mechanism for something. Bringing up these issues and allowing this kind of analysis is where this kind of diet is especially useful. If you spend time analysing your relationship with food whilst on this diet you will stand a far better chance of keeping the weight off at the end.

A lb off is better than a lb on, and a lb is a lot of weight if you weigh it out on the kitchen scales. i have to cook for my 5 kids, and i honestly look at their food and dont want, it never made me happy eating it before so it certainly isnt going to make me happy now! ketosis helps 110%

im in ketosis but still hungry.

its not some deep psychological reason i wnt to eat, im prepearing lovely food and I'm hungery so i want to eat it. Most basic instinct there is.

:(

Back