I feel numb

xtwinklex

Eat to live don't live to eat!
Had a phone call from my Mum this morning to say my grandma has died, :(:(:( it was just so sudden, she wasn't ill or anything, she was 81 but fit and well as far as we knew, apparently she got up to go to the loo and collapsed.

I just feel numb, I don't know what to do, they live 300 miles away, all my family do so I am unable to do anything, I just want to give my grandad a hug.

I tried to carry on as normal this morning, I took the kids to school then went to see my cdc, she's really happy that I'm doing so well, and happy for me to do the 1000 plan now till goal but unfortunately the new literature hasn't come yet so I have to wait till next week to get my new booklet, so just gonna muddle on with the old book and try and do it that way.

Trouble is, today I haven't managed to eat much yet, I have just forced a leek & potato soup down my throat, it seemed the easiest option, I don't have any fruit in the house so need to go to the shop and get some but I cant face it yet. Food just doesn't seem important at the moment.

Because it was a sudden death they have to do a postmortem, and if there is no problems the funeral will be next Wednesday so I have to try and get things sorted so I can go, I don't want to take the kids out of school but its looking as if I don't have a choice.

Anyway, my head is all over the place now, I'm going to find something to do so I don't think about it anymore.

Stacey

Hello Stacey

My thoughts go out to you, what a shock and how sad you must be feeling, numbness is the least of it I expect. All I can say is that you have to take each hour as it comes and do what you feel you need to to move on the next hour and day etc.. be cuddly with the kids and you'll get that back from them too. Do you have an OH? With your family quite a way from you, try and keep close cummunication with them too. Lots of hugs xxx

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. To hear news like that must have come as a massive shock. Take care now, and just take it day by day.
Lynne
x

Aw, sweetie, I'm so sorry. I guess I can't say anything useful, but I'm sending hugs xxx

So sorry to hear your news.............can't say anything to make it any better but am thinking of you and your family.

oh no! so sorry for your loss. i know its hard, but try and keep busy and put yourself first for a change. have a sit down, sort out what you want to do for next wed and then take a moment to grieve. sending big hugs your way stacey (((()))))

aw hunny im sending you a huuge hug () even though i dont know you and vice versa i totally understand how upset you are. i am extremely close to my gran and nothing can prepare you for this. i really wouldnt worry about your weight at the mo, just look after yourself and children. cd will still be here when your feeling abit better xx

Hey Stacey, I am so sorry to hear about your loss hun. Is perfectly normal to feel the way you do.

Do what is best for you hun. Thinking of you.
Charlie xx

So so sorry to hear your news, my hubbys aunty died on sunday of cancer, (it was just a matter of time),i live 160 miles away from my mum and dad, when my dad died your just feel a bit in limbo then theres work and the kids, but i jst packed and went and sorted work and kids etcv out the following morning, i can relate to how your feeling at the moment and my heart goes out to you and your grandad, a horrible time for you xxxxx, pm me if you want to chat xx

:hug99::hug99:

xx

Back