I finally have a goal date!

Bethyi

When I started this diet I went into it without much of a goal date in mind. I had nothing coming up that I wanted to me skinnier for, I just though "Well I'll do it and stop when I stop."

Yesterday my new passport came. I haven't had a passport in seven years, and I haven't been on holiday in eleven years. I've never been away without my parents either.

So the first week of June my friends and I have decided to go to Portugal for a week and ideally I'd like to be off my diet and finished refeeding by then. Not so I can piss all my hard work down the drain, just so we can have a bit of a drink and go our for a meal or something while I'm there, I think it'll be the perfect celebration.

Finally having a goal date in mind (1st of June) has really made me feel better about doing this diet. For the last week I've felt so helpless feeling as though I was going to be dieting forever and I'd never taste real food ever again (Over dramatic much haha!) and feeling that way really made me want to give up. Now that I know I will be finishing in eleven weeks I feel like I can cope. I have something to look forward too and the idea of wearing a bikini for the first time is really going to keep me from cheating!!

Anyway, I came here to say in a really round-a-bout way that if you started like me without a goal date in mind please try and think of SOMETHING to be skinnier for. A holiday, a date, school reunion, wedding, I don't know. Something you know you will really look forward to because it really puts you in a better frame of mind and in my opinion at least it becomes much easier!!

Good luck everyone for the days, weeks or months to come! And as everyone keeps saying: "The more you drink the quicker you shrink!"

well done hun, i know what u mean, when u have something to aim for, something to look forward to.

i originally set out to finish 5th march, for a fertility appt, but as its now going to be an ongoing thing (and they weigh u at each appt) im on it until we ****hopefully**** start fertility treatment, so ive set a goal weight instead of a goal date. and when i get to that, i'll stop. it WAS going to be 12 stone, but as thats only 9lb away (and i still dont like the way i look) then im going to make it 11stone. so, 1st 9lb to go...........

you have a FAB reason to lose weight - a girly holiday in which u havent been away in years, so get the weight off, get ya bikinis ready and strut ya stuff hun, enjoy and good luck x x x

I know what you mean i am going on lifetime holiday to India end of may, i just want to lose enough so i can fit into some nice dresses and not have to ask for a seat belt extension on plane. Its nice to have a goal to aim for a reason to look forward to. Although i will continue with TFR when i come back of holiday. So goodluck to you both in your weight loss journey xx

Bethyi I read this and thought - yeah that's so true!

I dont' really have a goal though, keep trying to think.

I decided I WOULD do it for the whole of March no matter what - knowing that I can quit after 4 weeks is actually really helping me.
I'm actually starting to daydream I can manage an extra week...

Sort of goal maybe? lol.

But great on yours and have a brilliant holiday! Don't forget your suncream hehe.

I set my goal date for 1st june as it is my 30th birthday but think I will reach it way before that but it does make you more determined to have a date to reach x I have just had an invite to a wedding at the end of June and I am super excited about buying a very lovely dress and a hat!!! means I have something to help me stick to refeed and maintanance x

bessie84 said:
well done hun, i know what u mean, when u have something to aim for, something to look forward to.

i originally set out to finish 5th march, for a fertility appt, but as its now going to be an ongoing thing (and they weigh u at each appt) im on it until we ****hopefully**** start fertility treatment, so ive set a goal weight instead of a goal date. and when i get to that, i'll stop. it WAS going to be 12 stone, but as thats only 9lb away (and i still dont like the way i look) then im going to make it 11stone. so, 1st 9lb to go...........

you have a FAB reason to lose weight - a girly holiday in which u havent been away in years, so get the weight off, get ya bikinis ready and strut ya stuff hun, enjoy and good luck x x x

Do you mind me asking what your start weight was and how long it's taken you to get here(can't see ya ticker on my pad) , I was thinking twelve stone but can't work out how long till I get there ,,,

I'm off on a cruise with 2 very slender friends, I don't want to be the fat friend. Hopefully I can reach where I want to be by June ( if I can stand it that long) then onto Weight Watchers to keep on track....

Back