I find this article hard to believe...

Lynn8124

Gold Member
Sugar Bureau Press Release - High-fat Low-carb Diets Could Mean Significant Heart Risk

The study and doctor is advocating high-carb, low fat diets. I know for a fact after measuring my blood sugar levels that when I include carbs in a meal my bs rises significantly and when I don't it's stable at around 7-8mmol. I know which reading I prefer, perhaps this is a study to keep the pharmacutical companies in business.

I still stuggle with LCing but that's my own fault, it does wonders for blood sugar readings and surely that's the most important thing?

But look who commissioned the study Lyn! :)

certainly for me the opposite has been the case, that and my annual medical's are fine now.

I think this article only makes sense when you realise who commissioned it. As a diabetic I know that high carb diets make it more difficult for me to control by blood glucose levels.

I think this article only makes sense when you realise who commissioned it. As a diabetic I know that high carb diets make it more difficult for me to control by blood glucose levels.

Yep, exactly and it's my high carb diet that contributed to it in first place. If most diabetics done the opposite, he be out of a job likely lol.

Jim, good job on continuing positive health reports.:D

I found the article googling wls. Hadn't actually read site and after a few paragraphs I didnt wanna.:giggle:

Back