I gave in to the cigarette monster

xsarahloux

~~someday!~~
I need a cathartic confession!!!

As some of you know i quit smoking in february - nearly 4 months ago!! then i started LT and the concept of not eating drinking or smoking was a nightmare!!

I have been fighting for the last 2 weeks and have really struggled. Also my periods have reappeared after 2 years of me preventing them with my amazing contraceptive pill that stops them all together!

so generally been feeling a bit down in the dumps and as a result, have just bought some cigarettes and smoked one. :copon:

it wasnt that pleasant and feel a bit sick now but knowing me it wont be my last. :mad:

ah well - at least i know i CAN quit smoking so a relapse isnt such a bad thing - and much better than a food binge!

:break_diet:

thanks for reading!

i know the feeling i quilt in jan my last cigarertte was 15th jan and me and my partner are happy we done it we dont miss it and the smell of cigarettes make me feel sick now but i could imagine what you going through as when i was on lipotrim last year i smoked more went out for fags when everyone was eatting but now i cant, but you done it once hun you can quit again focus on one thing hun then the other. good luck and i hope you dont reach for the packet again.
xxxxx

O-Ohhhh! :eek:

Don't know what to say really.

I became smoke-free in 2000 and I can honestly say with my hand on my heart that it was THE hardest thing I've EVER done, and I include giving birth 3 times!

I will never touch another cigarette because I know I couldn't do it again. HOWEVER I know that lots of people do give up and go for years sometimes before starting again. Then they give up again. I guess it's the 'don't give up giving up' thing.

There are several smokers on here - you're not alone! If this helps you cope with LT I guess no-one can really knock it. No real point in beating yourself up about it. If you ARE going to do it you might as well enjoy it IMHO xx

I couldnt give up food and fags!!!! I am still puffing away.......will give up when I reach my target weight!!! One thing at a time for me!

Good luck with your weight loss and no smoking though - you are a stronger woman than me!!!

x

Back