i give up

dani_doot

sorry guys but im gona have to leave calorie counting, i just cant seem to get back in the flow of it all. ive tried really hard for the past two months to get back on track and its just not working at all....im very very very disappointed in myself, but i just dont know what to do.

im working all hours god sends, as i now training to become a nail technician, so all im doing recently is either working, training on my friends hands or revising. i dont have time to exercise, or eat properly, i mean tonight my dinner was at 9pm, it was the first chance i got to eat. and i couldnt be bothered to cook, so i had chippy!!!!

hopefully ill be back soon, when i can get out of this horrible viscious circle. xx

in the mean time good luck with your own personal weight loss journeys. you are all an inspiriation. xx

Thats a shame Dani, you know when life is stressful thats when you need a healthy diet the most and ccing is the healthiest and sensible diet option. Just try eating well x Have enjoyed our chats x Love and success to you babes x :wave_cry:

Aww Dani sorry to see you go! Good luck with your training - I love having my nails done and have actually got an appointment at 12.30 today!! Wishing you every success :wave_cry:

Before you go... maybe you've been trying to do too much? Everyone has a breaking point. I just feel strongly that you shouldn't jack it all in right now, because that's giving yourself a license to go mad with food and end up with more to lose than ever a few months down the road.

You don't have to make time for exercise! I don't do any exercise at all - I'm an unrepentant, slow-moving slob and it hasn't stopped me losing weight over the last couple of years. Maybe trying to do diet *and* exercise is just a bridge too far for you as you already have a busy life.

Why not just focus on the diet, eh? That's doable, right? You deserve good food, and you deserve the little bit of time spent on preparation and shopping smartly for healthy snacks. There's a load of low calorie ready meals in the supermarkets, don't feel bad for opting for them if you just haven't got the time to cook.

Give it another chance! Nip it in the bud right now and climb back into the saddle. Don't store up the prob for another day - it'll be harder down the line.

Before you go... maybe you've been trying to do too much? Everyone has a breaking point. I just feel strongly that you shouldn't jack it all in right now, because that's giving yourself a license to go mad with food and end up with more to lose than ever a few months down the road.

You don't have to make time for exercise! I don't do any exercise at all - I'm an unrepentant, slow-moving slob and it hasn't stopped me losing weight over the last couple of years. Maybe trying to do diet *and* exercise is just a bridge too far for you as you already have a busy life.

Why not just focus on the diet, eh? That's doable, right? You deserve good food, and you deserve the little bit of time spent on preparation and shopping smartly for healthy snacks. There's a load of low calorie ready meals in the supermarkets, don't feel bad for opting for them if you just haven't got the time to cook.

Give it another chance! Nip it in the bud right now and climb back into the saddle. Don't store up the prob for another day - it'll be harder down the line.

thank you so so so so much iris. your reply has made me want to do this soooo much now!! ive looked at your stats to see your amazing weightloss, and im very inspired. How many calories did you start of with? and how many calories are you on now?

did you have to lower them quite alot as you have no execise? and do u drink alcohol on your calorie counting?? sorry for all the questions but you have done so well and id love to know how youve done it.

thanks xxxx

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

thank you so so so so much iris. your reply has made me want to do this soooo much now!! ive looked at your stats to see your amazing weightloss, and im very inspired. How many calories did you start of with? and how many calories are you on now?

did you have to lower them quite alot as you have no execise? and do u drink alcohol on your calorie counting?? sorry for all the questions but you have done so well and id love to know how youve done it.

thanks xxxx

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hello! Nice to see you back! I'm a struggler myself, so can't make any claim to having a secret or anything like that. I'd yo-yo dieted for years, never really managed to stick to a diet for more than six months, mainly because I wanted all the weight gone too quickly and tried to do too much, like cutting down too low and exercising at the same time. Just left me demoralised!

I started off slow and steady after once again falling off the wagon over 2 years ago. For the past 14 months I've been just concentrating on healthy eating and finding ways to feel full without binging on my old nemesis - chocolate. I used to eat at least 20-30 bars of chocolate a day at my lowest point. Shocking, I know!

I started out on around 1400 calories and I've gradually trimmed that down over the months to 1250 now. I plateaued for a good few months after shifting the first 5 stone, but I didn't want to cut down on calories too much (or do exercise!) so I stopped having my beloved coco pops in the morning and I've been recently focusing on either having protein rich breakfasts and lunches, or choosing cereals that are low in sugar, so I don't get that rush that leaves me hungry soon after.

I don't drink - I know, Irish and not a drinker, my parents have disowned me! ;) But I'm a snacker and a compulsive grazer, so I nibble on fruit, alpen light cereal bars, cherry tomatoes, mini milks, ryvita and low cal popcorn throughout the day. I think making sure you're well stocked up with yummy but relatively low calorie foods that you can nibble on without too much guilt really helps you avoid binging. Letting yourself get too hungry is very dangerous, especially when you couple that with heavy exercise, because your body eventually just rebels! It's not your brain that gives up, it's your body that snaps and just reaches out and takes what it feels it needs. Fruit and vegetables have been my heroes, really. I bulk out all my meals with loads of veggies and eat a pound of strawberries and raspberries a day, with a pint of Hartley's sugarfree jelly!

If you're anything like me and you love your food (and dislike exercise!) then just know that you *can* eat loads of food and still lose weight! Just a question of going for the low cal options and spending some time stocking up so you're prepared for weak moments. I think you could factor in a glass of wine easily if you like a tipple.

I hope you're feeling positive about it all today... I'm not much help, it's all so personal and what works for one person may not be another's cuppa tea, but I think a lot of people can get caught in a trap of thinking that they have to be perfect to lose weight... you know, that they have to do a strict diet AND exercise AND never have treats. That's a giant myth, really, it doesn't have to be penance or misery or purgatory! In fact, I think you've only got a hope of sticking at it long term if it's something you can live with and happily sustain forever.

Good luck, and well done on getting back in the saddle!!

do you think Iris it is possible to just diet for a while and not do excercise and still lose weight??

Good words btw :)

I love my grapes, strawberries etc with yoghurts especially the smooth muller's however im going to try the fruit with jelly option as it will be lower in cals :)
Need to stock up on fruit tomorrow actually.

do you think Iris it is possible to just diet for a while and not do excercise and still lose weight??

Well, it's what I've been doing for the past 14 months and I've lost over 7 stone. No exercise at all. No running, no gym, no dvds, no pilates, not even a regular brisk stroll! The nearest I come to exercise is the weekly shop. I do a fair bit of cooking/cleaning and all things domestic, but I tend to take them at such a snail's pace that I doubt they count for much.

So for me personally it's worked. If you're finding exercise too much of a trial then I'd say it's worth cutting back on it and focusing on healthy food. Definitely don't be afraid to have plenty of rest days, at any rate! ;)

I love my grapes, strawberries etc with yoghurts especially the smooth muller's however im going to try the fruit with jelly option as it will be lower in cals :)
Need to stock up on fruit tomorrow actually.

The jelly and fruit is a real bargain calorie-wise. You can make up two big pints of it a day for around the cals of the average yoghurt! Some beautiful British raspberries and strawberries in the shops right now, too. Somehow our locally grown berries are sooo much tastier than anything imported. Hope you're enjoying!

Oh i have a feast tomorrow for work, jelly, cherries, strawberries, grapes...how much do you count for them? I have a good few handfuls of each.

To be honest, I kind of munch on fruit without counting too much. If it keeps me away from processed baddies, I figure it's worth the cals. You could just stick all the berries in a bowl and weigh them together, though, to put your mind at rest. I'd say 30 cals per 100g would be about right.

Sounds delicious!

I LOVE cherries...............

£1 in Tesco at mo! :) Got soem nice ones from Aldi the other day too at 49p a punnet :)

Back