I got a reply from Starbucks...

It would be great to find out - it might make me limit my intake of them! It's the coffee based ones I drink, not the milk ones.
All this talk is making me want one even more! Maybe I'll not have the whipped cream on top!
Do you like cinnamon? Have you tried the dolce lattes?

I just have a cappucino when i go to Starbucks (skinny of course) :D

That'll be 76 calories to you :D
My favourite is the caramel banana frappucino, or the banana java ones they are doing at the moment (with chocolate cookie crumbs in). I'm guessing they are really bad for you - any info on these anyone?

The caramel banana frapp light is 230 cals if that's any help.

Banana and caramel muffin 585 calories:eek: Golly gosh.

Skinny black, redcurrant and Acai muffin - 409 cals:eek:

Great topic mike. Scary though. I've never been to a Starbucks in the UK. I'll know what to watch out for now if I do ever go!

I always eat the bottom of the muffin first so I just leave the iced mushroom top!! MMMMMMMMMMM!!! Maybe if I cut it in half I can have one half today and one half tomorrow :)

Yeah right!!!! :p

Do you like cinnamon? Have you tried the dolce lattes?

I adore cinnamon and we don't have enough of that flavour here in the UK.

330 cals BTW. Okay...perhaps that's a bit steep :D

I always eat the bottom of the muffin first so I just leave the iced mushroom top!!

:eek: Thats exactly how I eat mine :eek: Or should I say, thats exactly how I used to eat mine ;) Just thinking about those muffins I suddenly started humming that Elaine Paige song 'Memories' :D

Hi Mike

I usually go for the Americano or the Espresso.

Never tried the hazelnut squirt though - how many cals in that? Sounds nice!

I think it was about 30 - 50 calories for the squirt but make sure you say sugar free hazelnut.

I walk up and say "Venti Americano with sugar free hazelnut, no room"

Makes me sound cool (in my own little world lmao)

M.

Hee hee - that sounds well coooool!!!

Do they do that in other coffee places?? On my travels i tend to end up in Costa Coffee or Ritazza???

Absolutely! I love the sugar free flavoured syrups as offer flavour without toooo many calories.

M.

Nice one... will give those a try!! Have a 3 hour trip to Portsmouth tomoz so looking forward to a couple of coffees enroute!!

Luckily I always have an Americano too. But do have the lemon poppy muffin. I knew they calories as I checked it on one of those calorie counting websites once. But luckily having a family of five I rarely get more than half of one anyway too expensive to have a cake each!

I must remember the carrot cake though. I'm surprised their are so few calories in that yummy stuff. Definitely having that next time, just topped up my Starbucks card today actually but stuck to just the Americano as I'm on a 500 calorie day today.

Dizzy x

I walk up and say "Venti Americano with sugar free hazelnut, no room"

Makes me sound cool (in my own little world lmao)

M.

very cool, must write that down and practise
but no room for what
ps what is venti?
and do you have milk
gosh im so uncool:eek:

very cool, must write that down and practise
but no room for what
ps what is venti?
and do you have milk
gosh im so uncool:eek:

You & me both Nat - it's another language to me.

If anyone wants to give me lessons in coffee talk? :p

Venti is the size

no room for milk as take it black. Right Mike?

Dizzy x

aaah I see! And an americano is......?

And there's me thinking I was cool asking for a skinny cappucino instead of a cappucino with skimmed milk :p

An Americano is a black coffee made by diluting an expresso shot or two.

Dizzy x

Thanks Dizzy oh font of all knowledge!

I'll stick with my cappucino's - don't like black coffee :)

Venti is the size

no room for milk as take it black. Right Mike?

Dizzy x

Yep no room means don't leave any space at the top for the customer to add milk as they take it black.

M.

My favourite Americano is Coffee Nation. Lush!! You find the machines in many services petrol stations.... The nicest black coffee around!

Back